Eurobasket 2009: suspicious losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2009: suspicious losses

I've got a strange feeling that Spain NTs losses in the beginning of tournament are also a part of a conspiracy to bring some interest to the event.

Before the EB2009, everybody ( other NT's coaches and players, media, etc ) claimed that Spain is a big favorite and will take a gold without any prob. Spain started with a bunch of losses and suddenly the completion was open in a sense that virtually every team can win it.

Needless to say that this Spanish fiesta of losses come to the end when their qualification was at stake

Imagine how this Eurobasket would look if Spain finished both qualifying rounds undefeated.

Should I also mention the conspiracy behind Greece-Russia, Frence-Greece in Greek heroic plight to avoid Spain ?

Well, share your thought on this subject
    Feel free to add your games to this list
    Yep, that's exactly the case
    0%
    Nope, you're just a paranoic :p
    0%

Originally posted by Billy Bounce
    I've got a strange feeling that Spain NTs losses in the beginning of tournament are also a part of a conspiracy to bring some interest to the event.

Before the EB2009, everybody ( other NT's coaches and players, media, etc ) claimed that Spain is a big favorite and will take a gold without any prob. Spain started with a bunch of losses and suddenly the completion was open in a sense that virtually every team can win it.

Needless to say that this Spanish fiesta of losses come to the end when their qualification was at stake

Imagine how this Eurobasket would look if Spain finished both qualifying rounds undefeated.

Should I also mention the conspiracy behind Greece-Russia, Frence-Greece in Greek heroic plight to avoid Spain ?

Well, share your thought on this subject
    Feel free to add your games to this list
    Greece lost because De colo scored a basket over 3 of our players defending him. Blame De Colo not Greeks for the loss.

As for the rest of the conspiracy theories you posted here are simply not worth commenting

Comment

No, I don't believe in any of the conspiracy theories.

Comment

All losses we had were suspicious

Comment

No team in the world will accept that. How can you be sure Spain will start winning, after 2 losses on purpose? If Spain plays with Angola, you can say that, but in Eurobasket, no there's no conspiracy.

Comment

Absolutely you're right!
            I also believe that fashion industry was behind every major 20th century assassination.
            "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

Definately
              France in 1/4 final, Greece in semi final and Serbia in final lost the games to Spain, with massive difference to hide their true strength for 2010 , not because Spain was much better

I mean, come onnnnn. If GB team had better SG they could have beaten Spain in the last qualification game and Spain would be out. Why on earth would a serious medal contender risk it??? Gasol was mediocre in the beggining and so was Spain. When he uped his game, so did Spain. Simple.

As for Greece vs France both teams played very loosely to preserve their energy for the 1/4 final. At the very end both teams tried to win... Greece with a 3 and then De Colo managed a very difficult shot under a lot of pressure from Zisis. And just before that shot Bourousis nearly stole the ball.
              Watch the video
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejjor_ab3Ec

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
              Absolutely you're right!
              I also believe that fashion industry was behind every major 20th century assassination.
              And also Michael Jackson is not dead. He is planning a new comeback with Elvis for next year on a twenty year tour
              Last edited by gatos; 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM.
              Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

Comment

Absolutely you're right!
                damn zoolander!

about the greece - russia game, it would have been better for greece to win cause they would avoid spain until the final, so it makes no sense
                sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Originally posted by son_of_a_Turk View Post
                  No team in the world will accept that. How can you be sure Spain will start winning, after 2 losses on purpose? If Spain plays with Angola, you can say that, but in Eurobasket, no there's no conspiracy.
                  Angola?? Dont you remember that to the spanish fans please

Comment

Absolutely you're right!
                    and ozziem was the man on the grassy knoll at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas in 1963.

Comment

Originally posted by achinet View Post

What happened? Did Spain lose to Angola before?

Comment

Originally posted by achinet View Post
                        What happened?
                        Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Borisko View Post
                          and ozziem was the man on the grassy knoll at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas in 1963.
                          oh yeah!!!
                          After all J.F.Kennedy WAS Greek Loby!
                          can't blame ozi for this.

I also have in good authority that Queen Elizabeth,Tom Cruise and Pau Gasol are in reality alien shape-shifting lizard people who together with the Church of Fried Chicken and Richey666 will run over the world.
                          My fridge told me this via my alien jaw implant.It is even more reliable than reading it in the internet!!
                          "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

oh yeah!!!
                            After all J.F.Kennedy WAS Greek Loby!
                            can't blame ozi for this.

I also have in good authority that Queen Elizabeth,Tom Cruise and Pau Gasol are in reality alien shape-shifting lizard people who together with the Church of Fried Chicken and Richey666 will run over the world.
                            My fridge told me this via my alien jaw implant.It is even more reliable than reading it in the internet!!
                            I didn't say that ozi was a shooter, I just sad that he was there.
                            Last edited by Sin Borisko; 09-21-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Borisko View Post
                              I didn't say that ozi was a shooter, I just sad that he was there.
                              yes you didn't silly.

My fridge did.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information