15th Place Game: Malaysia - Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th Place Game: Malaysia - Singapore

The 15th place match of the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship features a Southeast Asian duel between Malaysia and Singapore.
    Malaysia
    0%
    Singapore
    0%
    Originally posted by gideon
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Congratulations to Singapore for bagging 15th place in their first ever FIBA Asia Championship appearance with a 92-59 win over Malaysia.

Malaysia is really this bad. Getting blown by huge margins year after year.
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
      Congratulations to Singapore for bagging 15th place in their first ever FIBA Asia Championship appearance with a 92-59 win over Malaysia.

Malaysia is really this bad. Getting blown by huge margins year after year.
      I actually though Singapore would finish last, the two teams were pretty even in previous matchups and Singapore was playing without key players. However, they beat Malaysia by 33. That's a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
        I actually though Singapore would finish last, the two teams were pretty even in previous matchups and Singapore was playing without key players. However, they beat Malaysia by 33. That's a surprise.
        Singapore was fortunate to get first-hand experience in playing the big teams in Asia in China, Korea, and Jordan, all podium finishers within the past decade. This is a very valuable experience that could not be ignored and it showed in this game.

I see a bright future for Singapore, and SEA basketball will be more exciting for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
          Singapore was fortunate to get first-hand experience in playing the big teams in Asia in China, Korea, and Jordan, all podium finishers within the past decade. This is a very valuable experience that could not be ignored and it showed in this game.

I see a bright future for Singapore, and SEA basketball will be more exciting for years to come.
          Thanks, but I think we can only be competitive in SEA games. To be semi-competitive in Asia we need at least a pro league (Not ABL but a whole league full of local players) and then develop our talent from there. There is also the issue that sports aren't the first thing a person would pursue especially in a country like Singapore where emphasis is on academics and a sporting career is usually frowned badly by parents. Also, we lack height which is a big factor. There is talent out there in the playgrounds but usually they just stay there and eventually people move on with their busy lives (Career, family etc).

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
            Thanks, but I think we can only be competitive in SEA games. To be semi-competitive in Asia we need at least a pro league (Not ABL but a whole league full of local players) and then develop our talent from there. There is also the issue that sports aren't the first thing a person would pursue especially in a country like Singapore where emphasis is on academics and a sporting career is usually frowned badly by parents. Also, we lack height which is a big factor. There is talent out there in the playgrounds but usually they just stay there and eventually people move on with their busy lives (Career, family etc).
            Each nation has its own problems, even the First World ones.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information