• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They expect him to join tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
      They expect him to join tomorrow.
      Is he going to play the point? Because I see the Russian team is loaded with shooters (Kulagin, Fridzon, Karasev, Kurbanov) but I don't know who will have the ballhandling duties. Also they seem to be lacking size. Is Vorontsevich their starting center? It's going to be a fun team to watch then, with everyone able to pull up from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
        Is he going to play the point? Because I see the Russian team is loaded with shooters (Kulagin, Fridzon, Karasev, Kurbanov) but I don't know who will have the ballhandling duties. Also they seem to be lacking size. Is Vorontsevich their starting center? It's going to be a fun team to watch then, with everyone able to pull up from outside.
        Shved always takes control and I guess he will do this there too, simply no other options. D.Kulagin is questionable for WC. His bro probably will take some minutes as back-up PG. Starting C should be Bolomboy, Vorontsevich probably will be starting PF, unless Antonov will resurrect his shape, but now he is out of it, the same like Karasev, whom so far looks very bad, overweight, veteran SG Fridzon is miles ahead nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Shved always takes control and I guess he will do this there too, simply no other options. D.Kulagin is questionable for WC. His bro probably will take some minutes as back-up PG. Starting C should be Bolomboy, Vorontsevich probably will be starting PF, unless Antonov will resurrect his shape, but now he is out of it, the same like Karasev, whom so far looks very bad, overweight, veteran SG Fridzon is miles ahead nowadays
          Joel Bolomboy, the former Utah Jazz player? I thought he was ukrainian. Anyway he's a good rebounder but I don't remember him being a rim protector or anything. I guess no team comes fully loaded this year.

Comment

Joel Bolomboy, the former Utah Jazz player? I thought he was ukrainian. Anyway he's a good rebounder but I don't remember him being a rim protector or anything. I guess no team comes fully loaded this year.
            Yes, Joel Bolomboy, he spent last season in CSKA Moscow. He was born in Ukraine, but since he moved to USA quite early in his life, don't think he had Ukrainian citizenship, while his mother is Russian, father from Congo

Comment

the same like Karasev, whom so far looks very bad, overweight
              Huge disappointment of Russian BB. He supposed to be next big think and he does have talent, but lacking working ethics and right attitude I guess.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So, with Shved and D. Kulagin out, how's Russia roster shaping up? I guess the wings will be Fridzon-Kurbanov-Vorontsevich, with Karasev and Antonov coming from the bench. Bolomboy as the starting C. Who will be the PGs and the reserve bigs? Any young player to pay attention to? I was projecting Russia to be one of the most entertaining teams in the tournament, and a potential matchup for Spain in QFs; but after all the absences I'm no longer sure.

Comment

So, with Shved and D. Kulagin out, how's Russia roster shaping up? I guess the wings will be Fridzon-Kurbanov-Vorontsevich, with Karasev and Antonov coming from the bench. Bolomboy as the starting C. Who will be the PGs and the reserve bigs? Any young player to pay attention to? I was projecting Russia to be one of the most entertaining teams in the tournament, and a potential matchup for Spain in QFs; but after all the absences I'm no longer sure.
                  Main PG should be Mikhail Kulagin, younger bro of Dmitryj. Others PG are pretty much no name youngsters, I watched them vs Senegal a bit, a bit in other friendlies, so nothing to watch out for, at least not now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fridzon playing PG role too. Regarding bigs, Zubkov might be important player from the bench. Ivlev should get minutes too

Comment

Main PG should be Mikhail Kulagin, younger bro of Dmitryj. Others PG are pretty much no name youngsters, I watched them vs Senegal a bit, a bit in other friendlies, so nothing to watch out for, at least not now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fridzon playing PG role too. Regarding bigs, Zubkov might be important player from the bench. Ivlev should get minutes too
                    Thanks! I see that neither of them are traditional centers. This may not be a problem until QFs, but it's surprising for a team that could sub Mozgov with Kaun and place a dominating big under the basket at all times.

Comment

Thanks! I see that neither of them are traditional centers. This may not be a problem until QFs, but it's surprising for a team that could sub Mozgov with Kaun and place a dominating big under the basket at all times.
                      Zubkov isn't a C, he is PF/SF type of player, Ivlev should be used as C, but also not that traditional C as you say. Maybe Zabelin will be picked, hard to say, he has strong body, but little skills

Comment

Nigeria with 15 players remaining in their camp as they head to Lagos:

LIST OF INVITED PLAYERS

Point Guards: Uzoh Benjamin Chukwukelo (CB Caballeros de Culican), Ireogbu Ike (Science City Jena, Germany).

Shooting Guards: Okogie Joshua Aloiye (Minnesota Timberwolves, NBA), Nwamu Ike (Sioux Falls Skyforce, NBA), Nwora Jordan Ifeanyi (University of Louisville, USA), Vincent Nnamdi Gabriel (Stockton Kings, NBA),

Small Forwards: Aminu Al Farouq (Portland Trail Blazers, NBA), Stanley Okoye (Tecnyconta Zaragoza, Spain).

Power Forward: Diogu Ikechukwu Somto (Bayaman Vaqueros, Puerto Rico), Zanna Talib (Montakit Fuenlabrada, Spain), Ekpe Udoh (Utah Jazz, NBA), Aminu Abdul Alade (Capitanies de Arecibo, Puerto Rico), Chimezie Metu (San Antonio Spurs, NBA).

Centre: Michael Eric (Darussafaka, Turkey), Akindele Jeleel Ayodeji (Hapoel SP Tel-Aviv, Israel).
                        Nigeria's senior men's basketball team, the D'Tigers have arrived Lagos, for the next phase of training ahead of their 2019 FIBA World Cup outing after weeks of training in the United States of America.
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Ten days ago, I would say that Russia and Argentina would go through comfortably. But now, after seeing that Nigeria has a full roster on display and Shved not playing, this group looks the most interesting.
                          Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Comment

Whatever happened to Festus Ezeli? Doesn't even have a team?

Comment

Whatever happened to Festus Ezeli? Doesn't even have a team?
                              Don't think he ever got over his knee injuries.

It wouldn't be a Nigerian basketball campaign without this:

The senior National Basketball men’s team, D’Tigers’ earlier scheduled trip to China in continuation of their preparation for the FIBA World Cup may have suffered a setback over paucity of funds.

The D’Tigers general manager appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene, so as to save the country from global embarrassment.

“I wish to appreciate the federation, the President, Engr Musa Kida and the board, they have been doing so much for this team and basketball and I think it’s time for government to step in and assist us.”

Adamu revealed that the current players in camp are talented, motivated and ready to represent Nigeria well.

“I will like to use the forum to call on the President, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari to turn his eyes a little bit to the D’Tigers because they are also a national team.

“We are expecting support from him to release funds for our team to be able to participate in this World Cup.”

Adamu noted that Nigeria was the first country in the world to qualify for the World cup, but may end up not participating in the competition.

“We have come a long way. We have a very good, ambitious and motivated team. We really hope that the President will try to help his children, his people, to be able to participate in this World Cup, ” Adamu said.

Also tweets from the players:

Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Nigeria will travel today to China with 14 players(Nwora will join them later). After a four nations tournament coach Nwora will finalise the roster. I assume that Akindele, Zanna and Nwamu will be cut from the final roster. Nevertheless Nigeria will aim the first game against Russia which looks depleted at this moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information