X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Wuhan

2011 Asia Championships is going to be held in WuHan,China

Welcome to my hometown city ,and welcome to China

Sorry to Lebanon friends , thats a decision made by FIBA Asia just now.

I do think the AC be hold in Wuhan will definitely far more better than you see the AC in TianJin 2009

the convenient public transportation which impressed the commissioner so much

The professional basketball fans here and hospitable locals and the best volunteers and broadcast as well as the press here.
    Last edited by Romia; 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM.

At least all the games are in prime time

Basketball in China, I am getting used to it
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

everything held in china .... it's unfair! if china asked to host the championship at the first place would lebanon be able to take it back from you!

I hate fiba!

gd luck for 2013
      Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

i hate this, if this is official, than it's really aweful news, why china, why not some other asian country if not lebanon
        why did they take it away from lebanon

Comment

This is totally unfair guys !
          First of all, why did FIBA-Asia take the AC away from Lebanon ?
          Second thing, why China ? I mean China was the hosting country of AC-2009
          Is China the only country in Asia? There are about 55 countries in Asia !!!
          sigpic

Comment

i don't blame the fact that the asian federation is corrupted, i blame the "asses" that are running the game in Lebanon.

They took this decision cz they know that if it was held in Lebanon, Lebanon will kick the asses of all the teams.
            Last edited by rtk04; 12-22-2010, 06:18 PM.
            History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

It may have something to do with the fact that the FIBA officials were not happy with the hosting of the Stankovic Cup in Beirut.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                It may have something to do with the fact that the FIBA officials were not happy with the hosting of the Stankovic Cup in Beirut.
                or with the money offer and of course the asian power of china !
                Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

I'm not surprised... There's nothing we can do other than seriously preparing for hosting 2013 and by seriously preparing I mean seriously preparing (have an official agenda with scheduled working plan, plan for improving our courts (even if it means building new ones or upgrading the old ones to international standard), improving logistics (transportation and parking), etc..

Comment

FIBA Asia is corrupt.. simple as that... how can other countries develop their basketball and facilities if they are not given a chance to host the Asian Championship.. too much bias and corruption in FIBA Asia...

sigpic

Comment

The Philippines has to host the 2011 FIBA-Asia Men's Championship! China has already hosted the said event three times in the last decade -- Shanghai 2001, Harbin 2003 and Tianjin 2009.
                      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                      Servinio's Blog of Sports
                      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Are the Chinese Basketball Federation officials are acting like David Stern? Lol.
                        Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
                          FIBA Asia is corrupt.. simple as that... how can other countries develop their basketball and facilities if they are not given a chance to host the Asian Championship.. too much bias and corruption in FIBA Asia...
                          Give the hosting rights to the Philippines! Merry Christmas!

Comment

as much as i hate to see the AC in the same country back to back. how many of those asian countries can seriously say they have the money, resources, and manpower to put on a good show/image with modern descent facilities in which safety can be ensured? i cant say not a lot for other asian countries.

look i wouldnt want it in china also but i can only think of china, korea, japan malaysia, hell even tiny singapore could host it a lot better the rich oil laden middle east countries could also host it.

and there is no way philippines coudl host it seeing the fact chiense always hold onto grudges fro quite sometime and with what happened this year with those chinese tourists even though they were people from hong kong, im sure left a bad taste for many chinese...and that would hurt sports revenue... think about it who seriously has moeny these days to splash on things during sporting events in asia...besides a few asian countries. china has a damn lot of new rich. throwing money like it was a rap video.

i swear the new rich in china have got cash like no other, they should be making rap videos with big booty ho's! oh!

wuhan is a pretty good city too its girls are fine and hot. but the girls from chengdu and chongqing are a whole lot finer..
                            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Wuhan

The Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) confirmed on Thursday that the 2011 FIBA Asian Men’s championships will be hosted at Wuhan, Hubei Province on Sept. 15-25.

Li Jinsheng, vice president of CBA, said he was informed the news on Wednesday after an executive meeting of the Asian Basketball Federation in Malaysia, which was attended by CBA vice president Xin Lancheng and other officials.

“Wuhan is fully ready to host the competition,” said Li, who accompanied FIBA officials to inspect Wuhan in 2010.

The Asian championships will serve as the qualification of the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Several cities had bid to host the event, including cities of Lebanon, South Korea and China.

The women’s edition will be hosted at Japan on Aug. 21-28.
                              sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information