Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    What will Maccabi's schedule look like next season after joining Adriatic League? Will you play a full schedule in Israeli league too and if so would that not be a lot of games?
    1) Friday is reserved for Euroleague, so it leaves something like: Sunday for Israeli league, Tuesday for Adriatic

2) There will be a full schedule in Israeli league , but Maccabi is expected to have an extra big ( ~ 15 ) roster to cope with it.

It's interesting question , btw, whether Maccabi will play all three competitions with the same hierarchy , or there will be some arrangements: let's say EL, Adriatic: starters + bench1 , BSL: bench1 + bench2.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
      1) Friday is reserved for Euroleague, so it leaves something like: Sunday for Israeli league, Tuesday for Adriatic

2) There will be a full schedule in Israeli league , but Maccabi is expected to have an extra big ( ~ 15 ) roster to cope with it.

It's interesting question , btw, whether Maccabi will play all three competitions with the same hierarchy , or there will be some arrangements: let's say EL, Adriatic: starters + bench1 , BSL: bench1 + bench2.
      Euroleague is Thursday. Adriatic - Saturday. IBL - Monday. Those activities should be synchronized, like this:
      - If Maccabi has an away Euroleague game, it will fly on Friday morning to an away Adriatic game, which will be scheduled at early Saturday afternoon (16:00 or 17:00). After game, Maccabi will return to Israel on Saturday night, and will be prepared to the local league (Sunday, or Monday).
      - If Maccabi will play at home in Euroleague, it will remain home for Adriatic league game (in this case, the game will be played after Shabath, at 21:00 or something like this).
      11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

Originally posted by frodoborg View Post
        Euroleague is Thursday. ....
        That's right, my bad

Comment

Maccabi wants to trade Kadir with Landesberg : http://one.co.il/Article/180621.html

I feel bad for Kadir : it's known that Maccabi is overloaded with PFs , but why don't they simply release him

Comment

Maccabi wants to trade Kadir with Landesberg : http://one.co.il/Article/180621.html

I feel bad for Kadir : it's known that Maccabi is overloaded with PFs , but why don't they simply release him

Yes!!! I want to see Landesberg in Maccabi Tel Aviv!

Oh my! Maccabi TA is going to be a great & stronger team next season!

When's NBL starts? in August or September?
            Euroleague in October yeah?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
            Intercontinental Cup - 1980
            Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Shawn James signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv for two years.
              Official link:
              הסנטר האמריקאי שון ג'יימס (27, 2.08 מטר) חתם במכבי אלקטרה ת"א. בלאט: "מאוד שמח על ההצטרפות של שון, הוא מתאים לדרך ולהשקפה שלנו במכבי ת"א. כאדם יש לו אופי יוצא מן הכלל וכשחקן יש לו איכויות מרשימות ביותר".

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
              Intercontinental Cup - 1980
              Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                Shawn James signed with Maccabi Tel Aviv for two years.
                Official link:
                http://maccabi.co.il/News.asp?id=2996
                In fact, no one knows for how many years.

Comment

Does Chuck Eidson is really going to leave?

and where is he going to play?

Comment

Originally posted by TamTumTam View Post
                    Does Chuck Eidson is really going to leave?

and where is he going to play?
                    Chuck is 30 y.o. , with 2-3 years to play on a high level , hard to blame him for choosing big money before retirement.

Where? I bet it's Efes Pilsen ( they are rebuilding from scratch and historically like to sign veteran players ) . The other option : Real Madrid ( with their famous policy "sign those who hurt you the most" : Chuck was excellent against them in EL semi )

Comment

eidson out? not a drama

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                        eidson out? not a drama
                        hehe I'm sure you are very happy about this news.
                        Although I liked him very much... players come and go and we can't get upset about any of them leaving for whatever the reason.
                        Us long term fans have seen it all from Parker to Ed Horton .

I can still remember the fans panicking when Jamchi left the team.
                        30 years in the Yad

Comment

Where? I bet it's Efes Pilsen ( they are rebuilding from scratch and historically like to sign veteran players ) . The other option : Real Madrid ( with their famous policy "sign those who hurt you the most" : Chuck was excellent against them in EL semi )
                          More likely Fenerbahce. There are rumors about Caja, Real, Malaga. Turned down CSKA.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                            eidson out? not a drama
                            Is there a broken record?

Comment

Regarding Landesberg to MTA rumors:

Haifa owner Jeff Rosen : Landesberg is under contract for the next season in Maccabi Haifa . Next season the team will be build "around him".

Jeff isn't sure about his own future with Haifa, but 100% sure about Landesberg.

Comment

Regarding Landesberg to MTA rumors:

Haifa owner Jeff Rosen : Landesberg is under contract for the next season in Maccabi Haifa . Next season the team will be build "around him".

Jeff isn't sure about his own future with Haifa, but 100% sure about Landesberg.
                                Smart decision by Rosen. I wonder if Grunfeld is on his radar (or for that matter, what's up with Glasser's injury?).

However, where does this leave Kadir? There doesn't seem to be much space for him in Maccabi. Loaned out another year or just cut him. Would like to see him with Maccabi Haifa or if Hapoel Jerusalem can build a good team. Tel Aviv is loaded at the 4 and 5.

It looks like Rosen is staying with Haifa for at least one more season:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information