Player naturalisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    yes, but it will probably change one day, and most of those fans, just like Lithuanians, will start to make up excuses and explanations as to why it's not really a naturalization and it's actually better than mr x or y's situation by comparing it to the worse cases until there is no worse case left .

a speculation only.
    Was you drunk when writing this comment? Can't understand what you are trying to say - Lithuanian fans make excuses? About what? We didn't have naturalised player in our NT since we returned independence in 1990. The only one who need excuses (and a lot of them) is you, your country is famous with it's naturalisations.
    Last edited by Ashtrusis_dantis; 09-07-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
      American point guards will always have a roster spot on another countries team. I think Pooh Jeter and Bo Mcalebb were the the best though. Did Bobby Dixon have to change his name to Mohammad to join Turkey or was that his own choice?
      According to our laws, if someone becomes a Turkish citizen, he/she should have Turkish name.
      It is just a procedure. e was asked and he preferred this name.
      LaToya Sanders (naturalized woman pasketball player) changed her name to Lara.
      Another note, Emir didn't change his name as it is also available in Turkish.
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

• Originally posted by wilhelm View Post
        Our only "naturalised" player is Matt Lojeski but he's been living in Belgium for more than 6 years and he states all the time that he is more than happy and proud to represent our country.
        And why quotation-marks? He came to Belgium beeing 23 years old - fully grown professional. So that is pure and primitive naturalisation. I have no problem with players who came to some country at small age and became players in that country. You can't call it naturalisation. But this case is clear.

If i am not mistaken Lavrinovic brothers were polish born and raised and lithuania so i dont get how's that different to our case.
        There is small difference - they were born on Lithuanian soil. But not big difference for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
          Sorry to say but if your country would not be so poor you would have those immigrants too. There's hundred of thousands people from Baltic countries living in Finland just because they has better life here. If some of their kids, who has born in Lithuania but has raised and live all his life in Finland wants to play for Finnish NT it's totally ok. And think about it; If one of Sabonis' son is going to get kids out side of Lithuania, they are not able to play for Lithuanian NT because grand parents does not count according to your rules.
          Yes we are pure compared to your standarts, but to Africa, Latin America or most of Asia we are quite rich, but that's true and i have no problem with other countries having imigrants or their children playing for counties they live. I will have no problem when imigrants start to play in our NT's. They will be citizens of my country, born and learned to play here.

And to be honest, all of you wanted Nik Stauskas to play for your NT.
          Don't think about others based on your own wishes. I am proud about Stauskas, because of his roots, but never wanted him to be in our NT becourse that would be naturalisation.
          Last edited by Ashtrusis_dantis; 09-07-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• There would be pretty easy solution. Now 1 naturalized player has permission to play. Just make it zero. Some countries maybe start to naturalize those U16 players little bit more but I'm not even believing to it. And then again, under 16 year old is not fully grown professional. Maybe he is talented but still lot of work to do.

And for all Lithuanian fans; I'm not trying to fight with you. Maybe our opinions are have little conversation but as a basketball wise I have huge respect for you and if someday I'm able beat my flying fear I will visit Kaunas for Euroleague game for sure.

Comment

• Our american aint even starter haha. Wos not supposed to be like this but he didint show anything on preperation noor first two games on this EC.
              FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• We should do some scouting here

Bosnian tribes who still live in Central Africa found!
                Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

• Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
                  I do not care much about bloodlines, etc. Personaly I see no deference between Maccaleb and Calathes, the only thing that matters is if your an Product of the domestic basketball and Calathes hardly spoke any Greek few years ago hance beeing a Product of Greek basketball.
                  ofcource you don't care about bloodlines and all that, I wont say why it is obvious you don't care about things like that,
                  because the moderator will come flying, but it is obvious that blood lines and all is just a big joke for you

But I have a question for you: Is Giannis a product of Greek Basketball? Of course he is, he learned the game in Athens, and only moved to the nba 2 years ago. So what will happen in say 8 years from now, when he is maybe a different player, an NBA product? Will we still be allowed to call him over, and if so, will he be allowed to use the moves he learned in his nba career?

I am just pulling your leg, what I am trying to explain, is that bo macaleb, or any other player you buy for money through the Internet, is naturalization, the rest is natural.

It is difficult to say who is or not a true citizen of a European country nowadays, and it will only get more difficult until there are no such things as European countries.
                  But for the time being, let us agree that when we say we don't like naturalization very much, we are talking about the ones that resemble club team transfers, give money, take player and so on.
                  Last edited by aenaon; 09-08-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                    Was you drunk when writing this comment? Can't understand what you are trying to say - Lithuanian fans make excuses? About what? We didn't have naturalised player in our NT since we returned independence in 1990. The only one who need excuses (and a lot of them) is you, your country is famous with it's naturalisations.
                    haha, that's possible...

You don't make excuses, yet . But I have a feeling you will have to one day. that was my speculation, we'll see.

We Turkish have naturalized in every possible way, so we do not even bother with excuses any more. Many people are against it, but the fact is there, no need to sugarcoat it. It only bothers people for non-naturalized players to be put in the same basket, as we had strange claims here about Turkoglu, Okur, etc.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by aenaon View Post
                      ofcource you don't care about bloodlines and all that, I wont say why it is obvious you don't care about things like that,
                      because the moderator will come flying, but it is obvious that blood lines and all is just a big joke for you

But I have a question for you: Is Giannis a product of Greek Basketball? Of course he is, he learned the game in Athens, and only moved to the nba 2 years ago. So what will happen in say 8 years from now, when he is maybe a different player, an NBA product? Will we still be allowed to call him over, and if so, will he be allowed to use the moves he learned in his nba career?

I am just pulling your leg, what I am trying to explain, is that bo macaleb, or any other player you buy for money through the Internet, is naturalization, the rest is natural.

It is difficult to say who is or not a true citizen of a European country nowadays, and it will only get more difficult until there are no such things as European countries.
                      But for the time being, let us agree that when we say we don't like naturalization very much, we are talking about the ones that resemble club team transfers, give money, take player and so on.
                      I would say the most important thing is how the fans of the country see it. What others think of it is their problem.
                      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        You don't make excuses, yet . But I have a feeling you will have to one day. that was my speculation, we'll see.
                        Ou, prophet. We'll see.

We Turkish have naturalized in every possible way, so we do not even bother with excuses any more. Many people are against it, but the fact is there, no need to sugarcoat it. It only bothers people for non-naturalized players to be put in the same basket, as we had strange claims here about Turkoglu, Okur, etc.
                        Yes, you did that. Did it help you to win? Just look at our victory list and yours. Clear and simple. Not even talking about difference in size of Lithuania and Turkia, but we all know - size doesn't matter.

Comment

• I read lots of posts about this subject, who was born where, who's father from where..
                          I think, main criteria should be about if the player has been grown by the country or not.
                          Of course this not easy if Cedi has played Bosnia U14 team. I think players should be allwed choose where they want to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
                            Yes, you did that. Did it help you to win? Just look at our victory list and yours. Clear and simple. Not even talking about difference in size of Lithuania and Turkia, but we all know - size doesn't matter.
                            Actually, it did help us to improve. Remember Mirsad? Kuqo? You cannot just go to the top from the bottom in a few years, you know. Turkey's bball can be taken seriously only after mid-90s (imho), and we are somewhere in the top 10 in Europe I guess, which is not too bad. Lithuania is special, we cannot really get there yet, but in a few years, I can see a different picture forming, maybe nicer than Lithuania's. Another prophecy, we'll see .
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamosmaki View Post
                              Come on . No difference between them? One is descendant of Greeks. Sure he was born and raised in US but it does have some affiliation with Greece ( plus he spent a few years with PAO in Greece) while the other has no relation what so ever with your country. No parents or grandparents born there or anything. I can understand naturalizing a player that spend some years in a country playing basketball there and feeling connected with said country but i dont get how someone can play for a country he never lived there or have any relation with
                              Actually he isnt.Calathes is adopted.

Comment

• GREECE
                                Calathis. He is American born in states and his parents are Greeks.
                                Koufos. He is American born in states and his parents are Greeks.
                                Antetokoumpo. His parents are from Nigeria but Yannis got born and lived all his life in Greece.

FYROM
                                Mccaleb. Ηis American from USA. Both of his parents are Americans as well. But he played for FYROM national team.

Now make your calculations. Hmm ...

As for my friends from FYROM. Guys if you want to make your point, you shouldn't use Shortsianitis Antetokoumpo Calathis or Koufos as naturalization examples because they all have Greek parents or they got born in Greece. If you were smart enough you should use examples like Tsakalidis. Yes we have make the mistake to naturalize a player in our past with Tsakalidis. He didn't born in Greece, and he didn't have Greek parents. Nothing to connect him with Greece.

We have to stop naturalize players. We have to respect our national teams more. And we all have to do that.
                                The point of having Eurobasket is to find out which country is the best basketball team. So we don't want the Americans play for our teams.

And something last for my friends from FYROM. Please you are free to believe that the G.Alexander had a Slavic roots. History will tell. But when you write down the word Macedonia, please don't connect the first letter ''M'' with MacDonald logo. Because that way you prove your strongly connections with the American propaganda. We are proud for G.Alexander as you are. So please show more respect to the name Macedonia and don't connect it with MacDonalds logo. It's stupid.
                                Last edited by HELLAS; 09-08-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information