Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF2: Germany - Spain

Fri 16 Sep - 20:30 (GMT+2)

Two impressive teams meet up in the semis. Germany through a tough path, Spain by defying all the questions marks so far.
    Germany
    0%
    Spain
    0%
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Germany has better offensive weapons and 3p shooting... and being also bigger than Spain, i see a win by the home team. Even if Spain can suprise again...

Comment

I hope Germany but I fear that Spain may win this.
      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

If Spain wins this I am never gonna watch Eurobasket again (quote from Fasoulaki)

More seriously, feels weird to be the favourite against Spain. It never happened in my entire life. Even when we beat them in Indianapolis 2002 and in Belgrade 2005, we were obvious underdogs. They hated our guts for those two games and did not hesitate to humiliate us with jester plays when they were stomping us by 30 in later tournaments. It's clear we are not that superior though...

Five years ago we also had very impressive wins against Italy in the pool play and upsetting France in eighth-finals, and we competed very well against the Spaniard in the quarters. Then, to my surprise they got annihilated by Slovenia in the semis. I hope it happens again. But I think Scariolo is the best coach in this Eurobasket. So sleepless nights ahead.

P.S. fun fact, we had a 13 game losing streak against Greece until yesterday. I think it's similar with Spain.
        Last edited by Ridirkulous; 09-14-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

GER will win

Comment

More fun facts:

- in the Eurobasket of 1993, Germany defeated Spain on a last second basket in the quarters, and Greece in the semis.
            - In the 2015 edition, Dennis had 3 free throws to force overtime in the last game of Dirk's career in the group in Berlin. If Germany had won, Spain would have been eliminated from the tournament. He missed the last one and they won the tournament.

Time to right that wrong.

Comment

Not sure if Germany can sustain this level and have another game with high fg% but I'm backing them for a win.

Comment

The Spaniards won one crucial game against Turkey, after losing to Mother*ing Belgium, to get the easy path. They are living on borrowed time since the Lithuania game and finally, scrolling the lineups I see no position in which we don't have the advantage in the first 7-8 players in the rotation...

...and yet I have this feeling they are going to surprise us. Rudy Fernandez scares me in my sleep even at 37 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirkulous View Post
                  The Spaniards won one crucial game against Turkey, after losing to Mother*ing Belgium, to get the easy path. They are living on borrowed time since the Lithuania game and finally, scrolling the lineups I see no position in which we don't have the advantage in the first 7-8 players in the rotation...

...and yet I have this feeling they are going to surprise us. Rudy Fernandez scares me in my sleep even at 37 years of age.
                  Yes but Shane played when he was unplayably injured, though we were blunt to this fact at the time, and people were slandering him for being useless, in hindsight we would have been better off with no Shane rather than the version we got that day, because if you replace the Shane against Spain with the Shane against Montenegro (the match where he got this injury) Turkey would have cruised past Spain.

I’m calling it, Germany is the heavy favorite against Spain if they play close to like yesterday.

Comment

Of course. Germany has had a better tournament, they boast the best players, and they're the hosts, to boot. They are the clear-cut favourites this time. That narrative is very good for Spain. It reminds me of 2019 SFs against Australia. Let's see how Germany, without any experience in this kind of games, handles the pressure of winning in front of their home court. We all know of Schröder's sure hand when the game is on the line, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                      Yes but Shane played when he was unplayably injured, though we were blunt to this fact at the time, and people were slandering him for being useless, in hindsight we would have been better off with no Shane rather than the version we got that day, because if you replace the Shane against Spain with the Shane against Montenegro (the match where he got this injury) Turkey would have cruised past Spain.

I’m calling it, Germany is the heavy favorite against Spain if they play close to like yesterday.
                      The problem is that I am not sure we can shoot like yesterday again. Spain actually plays defence.

Comment

Nothing personal against Germany but Viva Espana... Not that it is the better team but as a long time supporter of Spain (in basketball and football) I wish them to somehow win this Eurobasket.
                        Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                        Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Originally posted by SaliH View Post
                          Nothing personal against Germany but Viva Espana... Not that it is the better team but as a long time supporter of Spain (in basketball and football) I wish them to somehow win this Eurobasket.
                          They really could use this one. Very little success in their resume.

Comment

Tension is mounting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirkulous View Post
                              Tension is mounting.

Well, Spain avenged that loss beating Germany by 21 the next summer, on route to a WC gold. Haven't lost a game against Germany since, if I'm not mistaken.

On the other hand, that Nowitzki miracle shot prevented Spain from earning a medal. The only Eurobasket we have failed to do so since 1999. Maybe we could return the favour this time

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information