Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Alondes only has 3 playing season on record , ( 5 is the # of years to exhaust eligibility)
    It has never been so easy to buy a research paper in Canada: talk to the writer directly and create a masterpiece together. No prepayments, no plagiarism!

Apparently they don't count his community junior college to his playing years. The NCAA actually has separate rules for Junior college.. (junior college is treated similar to prep school and many serve residency in junior college to save NCAA eligibility years)

You just have to check why this is.
    Yes, there are indeed such rules. Thank you for the reminder. By the way, who played basketball in high school or college? How relevant is it now? I think students are pretty busy these days, don't they? Often they are busy writing research papers probably and not much time is left for hobbies? Are there any students here who combine study and hobbies?

Comment

• Aaron Ganal will sign with with MoraBanc Andorra of the LEB Oro League (2nd tier league in Spain)

"I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
      -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by amamangloy View Post
        Aaron Ganal will sign with with MoraBanc Andorra of the LEB Oro League (2nd tier league in Spain)
        Andorra already FIBA-capped him right? or was it Spain? either way, i dont think he's gotten a PHL passport before 16. and i dont think he had intentions to play for PHL also

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
          Andorra already FIBA-capped him right? or was it Spain? either way, i dont think he's gotten a PHL passport before 16. and i dont think he had intentions to play for PHL also
          It's Andorra, not Spain.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            It's Andorra, not Spain.
            yeah thats what i thought.. and it makes more sense, he has more chance to be in the NT of tiny Andorra than powerhouse Spain NT. There were reports he was also being groomed by Spain's federation to play in its U16 before

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
              yeah thats what i thought.. and it makes more sense, he has more chance to be in the NT of tiny Andorra than powerhouse Spain NT. There were reports he was also being groomed by Spain's federation to play in its U16 before
              Dual citizenship also ain't allowedin Andorra, or so I read, so he'll have to renounce Andorran citizenship for either Spain or the Philippines.

Comment

• Originally posted by amamangloy View Post
                Aaron Ganal will sign with with MoraBanc Andorra of the LEB Oro League (2nd tier league in Spain)
                He was with Spanish giant Barca B before.

Comment

• Hmmm. been a while before I visit.

But seems like no big good news yet

As for kai, I expect him to have 10-15 mins a game like last season.

Good luck to him and to our Gilas na rin.

Bye again Interbasket

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                    Hmmm. been a while before I visit.

Bye again Interbasket

If anything,he will get more garbage minutes.

Comment

Bye again Interbasket
                      Next best thing after World Cup Qualifier for Kai is the training camp that his team will have in the US where they will play 2 NBA teams.

Comment

Bye again Interbasket
                        lol. math is the new anonymous. joke hehehe
                        sigpic

Comment

• Kai sotto is the 7 foot 3 inches version of junemar fajardo

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                            Kai sotto is the 7 foot 3 inches version of junemar fajardo
                            Tell me you know nothing without telling me you know nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                              This is just not true. Tab was on the record stating that Kai was better off here than in the US or Europe.
                              you always point that Tab said that. when actually before he said Kai should stay, he actually said Kai should stay or go outside the country but to Europe and not US.
                              '"...I’d like to see him stay. But if did end up going outside, I’d like to see him go to Europe if that were the option,” Baldwin pointed out.' https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...-go-u-s/124342

your point is tiring already when the quote demands context.

in hindsight, shouldn't Kai just stayed and became a center and SBP made sure to develop him, became a Gilas center mainstay, wouldn't it be too bad? instead of this Unicorn wannabe when he doesnt have the athleticism? and instead of selling his soul to his masters at EWP? what happened was we dont know if Kai would be a power center or a finesse center. now he's stuck in between. since he chose the US, then guess what, his athleticism is lacking, and didn't develop enough skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
                                you always point that Tab said that. when actually before he said Kai should stay, he actually said Kai should stay or go outside the country but to Europe and not US.
                                '"...I’d like to see him stay. But if did end up going outside, I’d like to see him go to Europe if that were the option,” Baldwin pointed out.' https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...-go-u-s/124342

your point is tiring already when the quote demands context.

in hindsight, shouldn't Kai just stayed and became a center and SBP made sure to develop him, became a Gilas center mainstay, wouldn't it be too bad? instead of this Unicorn wannabe when he doesnt have the athleticism? and instead of selling his soul to his masters at EWP? what happened was we dont know if Kai would be a power center or a finesse center. now he's stuck in between. since he chose the US, then guess what, his athleticism is lacking, and didn't develop enough skills.
                                Thanks for the link. In context Tab just wants Kai to develop:

“I think there are some wrongs for him. Some things he shouldn’t do, some places he shouldn’t go. I don’t think he should go to the U.S. because over there, they are very, very win-oriented,”

He’s gotta use us to become a great player, and that will turn around and service Philippine basketball in the long run.”

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information