X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radoncic to PAO
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• If I remember correctly last year Fenerbache was looking after Maik Kotsar.

His Eurocup season was above expectations IMO, and his growth quite steady.

I am surprised his name is not popping up this summer.
      EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• @GatorsGators

Good stats analysis of TS, comparations etc, Bob(king of the stats) will be jealous after this

I knew all of that but come on, comparing him and Larkin, they are different levels

I understand your point about playing in the team surrounded with good players and shooters etc and impact on percentage, but we don't have that environment yet

I could agree about everything you wrote except one thing, Wilbekin shouldn't be the best what Itoudis could bring in Fener. I am waiting for better signing. PG and SF

Wolters and Gill are my favorites. As you see I am modest guy, nothing expensive

Comment

• Fener does need one more guard (big guard who can defend and run the point). I did mention Wolters by name so we're on the same page there.

My post wasn't meant as a direct comparison between Larkin and Wilbekin -- Larkin has been on another level since he joined Efes. Wilbekin doesn't have Larkin's elite quickness. I do think Wilbekin is one of the most ten or so talented guards currently in Europe and can lead a team to FF appearances if he's surrounded with the correct cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
            Fener does still need one guard in the mold of Calathes or even Wolters. Plus another big depending on whether or not they're cutting bait with Polonara or Booker (sounds like Peters is probably going to replace Polonara?). I'd prefer one defensive center in addition to Jekiri as well.

Wilbekin/x/Akpinar
            de Colo/Guduric/Melih
            Pierre/X/Hazer/Birsen
            Motley/Peters/Geyik
            x/Jekiri/Booker

Depending on the guard and the big I think that's a roster that could compete for Final Four.
            we probably will get one sf, one point guard and another c (depends on booker's situation). we will start the season with 9 foreigners
            FENER
            cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
            calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by radallo View Post
              If I remember correctly last year Fenerbache was looking after Maik Kotsar.

His Eurocup season was above expectations IMO, and his growth quite steady.

I am surprised his name is not popping up this summer.
              I noticed Venezia are making a lot of changes to their roster this summer? Do you think it was time for a rebuild?

Also... Alibegovic left Virtus. Wouldn't he still have played a lot for them in the Italian league because he's counted as a homegrown player?

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                Nice suggestion Worrax. But keep in mind, Ataman doesn't like unproven American players. A player without overseas experience is not his man. He rarely coached anyone in that profile.
                what do you mean? like Russ Smith? the guy he brought from the US as the new big star of the EL, then fought at the first game, and kicked out?

BTW, is it true that Netflix is planning to make a documentary about Ataman?
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• There are plenty of guards who are borderline players in the NBA who could light it up in Europe... Tremont Waters is a name I've mentioned in the past.

It's just a personality question -- Larkin and Wilbekin are success stories in that regard; Russ Smith and Pierre Jackson are cautionary tales. You don't know how guys who are genuine borderline NBAers will adjust to not being crowned a star immediately in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                    I noticed Venezia are making a lot of changes to their roster this summer? Do you think it was time for a rebuild?

Also... Alibegovic left Virtus. Wouldn't he still have played a lot for them in the Italian league because he's counted as a homegrown player?
                    Yes, for Venezia definitely time for a rebuilt.

As for Alibegovic, I think he took the right decision.. I don't know where he will land, but the exposure in the Italian league is not enough. I also guess his relationship with Scariolo didn't improve during current season
                    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Delaney doesn't renew with Armani. Another big name available.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                        Delaney doesn't renew with Armani. Another big name available.
                        He's not available. He's done with Europe.

You might try to send him an offer around January for few months, since one of the reason is that season in Europe is too long.
                        EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          what do you mean? like Russ Smith? the guy he brought from the US as the new big star of the EL, then fought at the first game, and kicked out?

BTW, is it true that Netflix is planning to make a documentary about Ataman?
                          Come on seriously? Never heard of it.

"The Last Rising Fist"

"Coach Obradovic didn't shake hands with me. I said 'Okay, you think you the best, okay fine. No problem'. After that, it became personal with me. I dropped two Euroleague titles on him".
                          Last edited by slice me nice; 06-30-2022, 06:21 AM.
                          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Whether someone might like it or not, Ergin Ataman knows how to turn the spotlight on himself. He's such a character that even Netflix is interested in him. No joke, Ataman has accepted an offer for a Netflix documentary about his self-fulfilling prophecies, which will be released in the near future, according to SDNA reporter's Bugra Balaban information.

Comment

• Originally posted by radallo View Post
                              Radoncic to PAO
                              We got a real coach, that's a positive step.
                              I think the budget will be increased a little bit so maybe with proper management we can fight for a playoff spot next year.

Fingers crossed
                              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Wade Baldwin officially in Maccabi
                                Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information