Turkish NT 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish NT 2022

We put a very mediocre decade behind us, almost no prospects met the expectations, unsuccessful tournament results and we are still trying to regain our strength.

Time to be more competitive in tournaments, we desperately need to have a team to be proud of. Eurobasket 2022 is a great opportunity to begin afresh. I would put this roster into somewhere between Tier-2 and Tier-3. We are not a team to be scared of but you can't dismiss us easily aswell. PF is still a huge problem along with PG and I don't like the usage of players in positions they are not professionally familiar with. Therefore, Şengün as PF in FIBA ball is not a good idea to come up with. But, we all know Ataman will give a lot of minutes to Şengün at PF. Hope it works though.

My team:

PG: Larkin - Özdemiroğlu - Tuncer
    SG: Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu
    SF: Osman - Bitim
    PF: Kabaca - Birsen
    C: Şanlı - Şengün - Yurtseven
    Last edited by slice me nice; 06-02-2022, 01:33 PM.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

According to news, Cedi Osman has wedding in Macedonia on 1st July, and I think it is almost impossible to play two days later from his wedding, considering that the game against Great Britain will play in England.

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
      We put a very mediocre decade behind us, almost no prospects met the expectations, unsuccessful tournament results and we are still trying to regain our strength.

Time to be more competitive in tournaments, we desperately need to have a team to be proud of. Eurobasket 2022 is a great opportunity to begin afresh. I would put this roster into somewhere between Tier-2 and Tier-3. We are not a team to be scared of but you can't dismiss us easily aswell. PF is still a huge problem along with PG and I don't like the usage of players in positions they are not professionally familiar with. Therefore, Şengün as PF in FIBA ball is not a good idea to come up with. But, we all know Ataman will give a lot of minutes to Şengün at PF. Hope it works though.

My team::

SG: Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu
      C: Şanlı - Şengün - Yurtseven
      Same thinking about issues, with the one change:

SG: Korkmaz - Hazer
      C: Şanlı - Şengün - Yurtseven[

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
        Same thinking about issues, with the one change:

SG: Korkmaz - Hazer
        C: Şanlı - Şengün - Yurtseven[
        I can't see Melih being out. We will either lose one of the point guards or Metecan. Cedi+Alperen will play a lot at 4 anyway I don't think we need 2 PF

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
          I can't see Melih being out. We will either lose one of the point guards or Metecan. Cedi+Alperen will play a lot at 4 anyway I don't think we need 2 PF
          This is my wish, but unfortunately Melih will be part of all rosters until he retires

Comment

I have no problem with Melih. He generally plays well in the national team. I don't remember a game we lost because of him. He is a scorer and he shoots with great efficiency in the national team. He would be even better now hopefully if we won't let him dribble much

Comment

I have no problem with Melih. He generally plays well in the national team. I don't remember a game we lost because of him. He is a scorer and he shoots with great efficiency in the national team. He would be even better now hopefully if we won't let him dribble much
              If he wouldn't do that if he wouldn't do this, yeah he could be great player

So conclusion you don't have problem with him, I have and that's it. Good night

BTW his 3pt percentage in Fener was below 30% this season 64/19
              disgrace for such scorer with great efficiency like you described him.
              Last edited by janketa; 06-16-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

If he wouldn't do that if he wouldn't do this, yeah he could be great player

So conclusion you don't have problem with him, I have and that's it. Good night

BTW his 3pt percentage in Fener was below 30% this season 64/19
                disgrace for such scorer with great efficiency like you described him.
                He shot 48,4 percent in 2019 world cup with 6 attempts a game. 50% in olympics qualification. He is better in national team then he is in Fener for some reason

Comment

This is not quite correct. Melih Mahmutoglu is not a player who could decide over winning or losing a game. You described him very well. He is a very limited scorer who is a defensive liability. This doesnt necessarily mean that he is a bad defender in terms of what he could become eventually. He is for example a much better defender than Bugrahan Tuncer but he is still a liability. The Turkish NT doesnt need a very limited scorer. He is in the best case the fifth or even the sixth option offensively and doesnt contribute anything defensively.

The problem of "slice me nice's" roster is on the defensive end. The backcourt is too small having Melih Mahmutoglu as well as Tuncer in the same roster is a big problem. We need size and resilliance, thats why I would use Bitim mostly on two combining him with different players premised Sipahi is not an option.

The really positive surprise of the season is Kabaca on the other hand. Especially his ability to make crucial shots combined with his defensive upside is a great addition.

Comment

(+/-) stats of the players against Greece in olympic qualification game.

Melih -32
                    Buğrahan -17
                    Sertaç -17

I remember that game. We started the game very well and it was clear that we were better team that Greece. But then Melih in game like second quarter and our all lead was gone. And then Ene made even bigger mistake and started second half with Melih, even though he witnessed what happened in first half. He did -32 in just 22 min. So we lost that game almost only because of Melih and of course with the help of Ene.

Comment

Originally posted by Camoka View Post
                      (+/-) stats of the players against Greece in olympic qualification game.

Melih -32
                      Buğrahan -17
                      Sertaç -17

I remember that game. We started the game very well and it was clear that we were better team that Greece. But then Melih in game like second quarter and our all lead was gone. And then Ene made even bigger mistake and started second half with Melih, even though he witnessed what happened in first half. He did -32 in just 22 min. So we lost that game almost only because of Melih and of course with the help of Ene.
                      Tnx mate for finding that statistics, I remember that game very well and that is one of the reasons I hate this guy, never mind he is captain of my team. Hi is poison for the team chemistry and maybe +/- is the best way to show his impact on the game. He can score 20+ points but team lose at the end

Comment

I find all these Mahmutoğlu bashing party funny. He has always been a limited player, running the things only with one asset offensively. Almost zero contribution in other aspects of the game. These are all valid arguments on him.

He will always be remembered unfavorably with his NT career because, what an unfortunate for him, he had been one of the main actors of NT's most drought period unwillingly. Both in EB 2017 and WC 2019, the offense was run by him and Osman/Korkmaz duo and partly Ilyasova in 2019. That would not be the rotation of a serious team, after all we were not a team to be taken seriously. He was overused and couldn't fulfill his duties well normally.

So, there is no need to make him scapegoat. He can be effective in a system where he will take limited minutes and limited roles. We are a better off than previous rosters, so Larkin, Osman, Korkmaz, Şengün, Şanlı and even Bitim will be the primary scoring options and I wouldn't say no to Mahmutoğlu coming off-bench and making few unexpected threes in a game to enrich offensive options.
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                          I wouldn't say no to Mahmutoğlu coming off-bench and making few unexpected threes in a game to enrich offensive options.
                          Usually few threes are combined with a few unforced errors and mistakes in defence

We can't deny he made big damage until now and still capable for doing that. If Ene is guilty or Sarica before that , who knows what is in Ataman head now, maybe the same. He is prone to bad game decisions too

But even in that case using him as joker, still think that Hazer could give much better positive boost from the bench then old Melih. It's time for younger guys to take their roles in NT

Comment

Usually few threes are combined with a few unforced errors and mistakes in defence

We can't deny he made big damage until now and still capable for doing that. If Ene is guilty or Sarica before that , who knows what is in Ataman head now, maybe the same. He is prone to bad game decisions too

But even in that case using him as joker, still think that Hazer could give much better positive boost from the bench then old Melih. It's time for younger guys to take their roles in NT
                            I do like Hazer. Great energizer-bunny type of player. His spot can be swapped with Özdemiroğlu. We may need some chaos basketball sequences and this fits greatly with Hazer's skill-set.

We will see the potential outcomes in preparation games.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Özdemiroglu, Hazer and also Bitim are very useful player. We definitely have some diversity with them but they are not the answer for our biggest need which is a true play maker with some size. The nearest guy who would fit to this description would be Kenan Sipahi. I trust him fully on the defensive end but not fully as a play maker. My hope is still Mert Akay who is a great pick and roll faciliator. His style is exactly that kind what we need.

The 4 position is kinda worrisome too but there are many options for the next years.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information