ยท
    1h
    Is
    @kzsottolive
    an X- factor for the
    @36ers
    or more of a young star developing his game in the
    @NBL
    ?, this remains a question with some next stars, striking a balance between actually helping the team or more about their individual goals.

"He has such a great upside even though I know he's still young and as an 18-year-old kid there will be some adjustment for him to play against men in the NBL, but I'm so excited by his ability to already make an impact.

"I can't see why he won't be able to make his mark this season and like Mo King, they both have aspirations for bigger and better things. But it's all about them making themselves part of our team and helping us play well, and that's important for their development."

Tapeworm your expectations boys it is all for marketing purposes.

Comment

• https://nbl.com.au/news/kai-sotto-s-...ake-for-bruton

HUNGRY JACK'S NBL
      News
      FEATURE
      Kai Sotto's Presence in Adelaide Icing on Cake for Bruton
      2 hours ago
      7 mins read
      To top off the disappointment of missing out on the Brisbane Bullets head coaching role, CJ Bruton's pleas to sign Kai Sotto also fell on deaf ears which is why he was not only delighted the Adelaide 36ers appointed him, but that they had signed the Philippines sensation too.

It's no secret that Bruton had been groomed by Andrej Lemanis to be the next head coach at the Brisbane Bullets and then when the club went a different direction with the appointment of James Duncan, he went through the paces with the Cairns Taipans but never felt really in the hunt.

While he had options to head to the United States to further his coaching future, he decided to remain at the Bullets as an assistant coach and was trying to have a significant input on building the team under the new coach.
      However, his pleas to sign Kai Sotto went unnoticed, Vic Law and Matt Hodgson are now at the rival Perth Wildcats, and Harry Froling is at the Illawarra Hawks.

Bruton was still happy enough to work with what Brisbane was building but every time the 36ers made a new roster announcement he would feel somewhat envious that he wasn’t getting to work with that group and worried about trying to go up against them.

The true kick in the guts came when the Sixers signed Philippines sensation Kai Sotto after Bruton had pushed so hard for the Bullets to do so after following his progress since he was in high school and such a potential prospect.
      Perhaps the one player Bruton is now looking forward to getting stuck into working alongside once he arrives in Adelaide from Brisbane having undergone knee surgery recently is Sotto.

Bruton was disappointed the Bullets didn’t heed his advice to sign and was frustrated he went to Adelaide, but ultimately that's turned out to be a great blessing in disguise.

"Then with Kai Sotto, we've got the blessing of having a young kid who has been put on my doorstep who I was pushing for when I was in Brisbane," Bruton said.

"From the time we were in the hub I was trying to push that through the organisation and not knowing which way our organisation was headed, and who was coaching. Everyone let it fall on deaf ears but I said he was coming to someone and I still remember following Kai from when he was in high school.

"He ended up back in the Philippines after taking his name out of the G-League elite where he was trying to play before COVID. Then when that fell through he tried to go back to the G-League and I knew he was going to get snapped up.

"I wanted the club to jump on him but it never happened and then when I was in Brisbane still I saw the 36ers snap him up and I was really disappointed to miss out on working with him.

"He has such a great upside even though I know he's still young and as an 18-year-old kid there will be some adjustment for him to play against men in the NBL, but I'm so excited by his ability to already make an impact.

"I can't see why he won't be able to make his mark this season and like Mo King, they both have aspirations for bigger and better things. But it's all about them making themselves part of our team and helping us play well, and that's important for their development."

When Conner Henry and the 36ers parted ways, Bruton caught up with someone he has a strong history with, Jeff Van Groningen, and within a few weeks he was appointed head coach for the first time.
      With 516 games and six championships to his name in the NBL, his pedigree was strong and having felt ready to already be a head coach but spurned by the Bullets and Taipans, all of a sudden that team Bruton was worried about trying to beat in Adelaide was his.

The 36ers still have some roster space and time to make another signing or two, but right now Bruton couldn’t be more excited about the playing squad he is taking on having been put together largely by Sixers GM of basketball van Groningen.

The Sixers already had Daniel Johnson and Sunday Dech under contract, were able to re-sign Isaac Humphries and have since added imports Todd Withers and Dusty Hannans, Melbourne United championship winner Mitch McCarron, emerging guard Tad Dufelmeier and are giving the first NBL opportunity to Manny Malou.

In an ideal world, the coach will have a big say in putting his playing group together coming into a season, but this has been a unique situation with Bruton taking over in Adelaide and he couldn’t possibly have any complaints over his roster.

"From afar when the team was coming together in the first place and thinking about going up against them, it looked like a tough team and now knowing it's my team, it's an exciting mix in the group with youth and experience," Bruton added.

"We'll have the ability with Todd and Dusty to be versatile and then we have championship winners with Sunday Dech and Mitch McCarron so that's a pretty exciting back court with our back court and the guy who can lock down different players.

"DJ has always been on the cusp of having an all-time great and by the time he's done he'll go down in the books with Adelaide, and he's been one of the players of the decade as a scorer who can put the ball in the bucket. He does it with such ease.

"Having Isaac Humphries who is an elite player who has had stints overseas too including the NBA and having him back in Adelaide is definitely an added bonus with his intangibles and size. The attributes he can bring to the floor is huge.

"Todd and Dusty bring that experience too having travelled the globe a little bit, and they understand culture and I think our Australian culture will embrace both of those guys and show them a lot of love, and we'll get a lot of value out of them as well."

It was quite the eventful period from the end of last season NBL season when Lemanis departed as Bullets coach to Bruton eventually ending up being appointed coach of the 36ers.

Firstly, Bruton went into the off-season feeling ready to be a head coach after five years as assistant to Lemanis at the Bullets on the back of his 20-year playing career with Perth, Brisbane, Wollongong, Canberra, Sydney and finally the New Zealand Breakers.

Lemanis departed with the belief that Bruton was the man ready, willing and able to smoothly step into the role as head coach to replace him, but ultimately the Bullets went a different direction and appointed American James Duncan.

The Taipans then head a spot to fill too following the departure of Mike Kelly and Bruton did go through the process with the Snakes, but they ended up going with Adam Forde fresh off coaching at the Kings in #NBL21.

Bruton had plenty to weigh up but ended up committing to stay at Brisbane until the shock news of Conner Henry and the 36ers parting ways.

He ended up being appointed as new coach in Adelaide and having felt ready to be a head coach, was delighted and thankful to be given the chance after admitting to some disappointment about how things panned out both with Brisbane and Cairns.

Bruton is yet to move to Adelaide with his family having recently undergone knee surgery, but once they do get to South Australia for the first time, they hope to make it a long-term home.

"I'm not sure when I'll be coming to Adelaide yet. I had to come back to Brisbane after my initial introduction and I had surgery recently so I'm waiting to get the all clear," Bruton said.

"Once I get that all clear I'll be able to move about and do things. I haven’t got that yet but it shouldn’t be too much longer and while I'm still here I have been able to work with Todd Withers.

"Everyone else has been in Adelaide together but at least there was one player here I was able to spend some time with in person. Hopefully we can get into SA soon and get started with the rest of the group
      Last edited by PeeZones; 10-19-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• To be fair.hahaha we are expecting that Kai will have his period of adjustments with adelaide. We are only looking forward to several breakout games for kai. He will have plenty of chances with his NBL stint.

We should be monitoring Chet's averages and performance as compare to Kai to determine somehow Kai's draft chances. Chet playing against college boys while Kai playing against grown men.lol

Comment

• I have this funny feeling that maybe if only the Japanese aren't aware of Kelly Williams' age, a B-league team might show interest on him playing for their team.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post
            To be fair.hahaha we are expecting that Kai will have his period of adjustments with adelaide. We are only looking forward to several breakout games for kai. He will have plenty of chances with his NBL stint.

We should be monitoring Chet's averages and performance as compare to Kai to determine somehow Kai's draft chances. Chet playing against college boys while Kai playing against grown men.lol
            tangina may excuse agad ang bading na ito

Comment

• Originally posted by wnox
              Tang ina mo ikaw lang ang bading dito Taeng dilawan na naging pink. Bobo nyahahaha
              substitution ref pasok Rudy "WNOX" Distrito.haha ikaw na bahala alam muna ano gagawin!haha lapit na ng preseason bro.haha

Comment

Finally meroon mapapanood. Lumapad na yung bata. Sandamakmak malamang ang pinapakain dun kay Kai
                Oo malaki na.haha kayang kaya makuha yung peak Gobert na physique. At least ready katawan ni Kai sa banggaan good thing din wala masyadong malalaki sa NBL. Mas malalaki pa sina Boban and yung sa Domrep na Araujo.
                Sobrang maayos ang situation ni Kai ngayun kasi sa practice katapatan si DJ and Humpries.hehe then next year four picks ang OKC tatlo first round. Twice na nagdraft ang OKC na galing adelaide puro first round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrance_Ferguson ito 21st pick

then si Giddey last year then wala masyado bigs OKC this year.hehe

Comment

Sana nga parang Gobert ang maging physique pero pang opensa yan si Kai saka pangset up ng laro ng ibang teammates. Kailangan nila magfocus sa game conditioning ni Kai para makalaro sa opensa at depensa
                  Maayos na defense ni kai these days bro. yan nalang talaga concern natin stamina.haha pero if 20-25min lang naman kayang kaya yan tsaka ang NBL di naman fast paced. swak sa laruan ni Kai kasi di puro takbuhan usually set plays and half court offense sa NBL. Kai is gradually doing his best to be a two-way player who could be a very capable defender and do tons of damage on offense.
                  Last edited by PeeZones; 10-19-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    So there was really a very conscious effort to improve Kobe's outside shooting & it was like its back to the basics in terms of Kobe's shooting form/posture. And even before Kobe went to the US for an extensive skills training this year, he had started individual skills training na pala with a Pinoy skills trainer here in the Philippines.
                    Safe to say Kobe wasn't interested in being another AVO.
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Kala ko ba watusi lang yung kay Japeth na post ko sabi ng mga hater?

Eh bakit hanggang ngayon nirerepost ng ibat ibang pages?

Eto malaki.

No truth to the “retirement package” offered by Ginebra management—- YET. As of now.

But Bleague sources told me they are willing to match offers just so that they can get Japeth to play before the current season ends.

BLeague teams can get new imports until February or March. Provided that the border control eases.

Aside from Japeth, also eyed to play as late addition in the current BLeague season are Matthew Wright, Jayson Castro and CJ Perez.

Snow Badua Fb account
                      sigpic

Comment

• Korea and China will start hiring Filipino players too next year.

As per kuliglig, here are the priority targets:

China and Korea:
                        Junemar Fajardo
                        Jayson Castro
                        Japeth Aguilar
                        Stanley Pringle
                        Troy Rosario (still has 3 year contract)
                        Terrence Romeo
                        Japeth Aguilar
                        CJ Perez
                        Paul Lee

Korea:
                        Roosevelt Adams
                        Chris Banchero
                        Ian Sangalang
                        Allyn Bulanadi
                        Rey Suerte

Snow Badua fb account
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                          Korea and China will start hiring Filipino players too next year.

As per kuliglig, here are the priority targets:

China and Korea:
                          Junemar Fajardo
                          Jayson Castro
                          Japeth Aguilar
                          Stanley Pringle
                          Troy Rosario (still has 3 year contract)
                          Terrence Romeo
                          Japeth Aguilar
                          CJ Perez
                          Paul Lee

Korea:
                          Roosevelt Adams
                          Chris Banchero
                          Ian Sangalang
                          Allyn Bulanadi
                          Rey Suerte

Snow Badua fb account
                          Looks like the CBA and KBL rules on Asian imports allow non-FIBA eligible players.

Comment

• ^ ^ ^ ^

Looks like madagdagan na naman ang sakit ng ulo nina Long Hair, kume Marcial & the SMC & PBA people
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• In more lighthearted news, Dwight Ramos is fast gaining a female following in Japan. Parang Rukawa effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                                Kala ko ba watusi lang yung kay Japeth na post ko sabi ng mga hater?

Eh bakit hanggang ngayon nirerepost ng ibat ibang pages?

Eto malaki.

No truth to the โ€œretirement packageโ€ offered by Ginebra managementโ€”- YET. As of now.

But Bleague sources told me they are willing to match offers just so that they can get Japeth to play before the current season ends.

BLeague teams can get new imports until February or March. Provided that the border control eases.

Aside from Japeth, also eyed to play as late addition in the current BLeague season are Matthew Wright, Jayson Castro and CJ Perez.

Snow Badua Fb account
                                I think that claimed "retirement package" for Japeth by Ginebra is meant to extinguish the fire. Lumalaki na kasi ang apoy so desperado na si Long Hair to mitigate the fire before it gets out of hand.

But it seems the fire is growing in each passing day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information