No announcement yet.

2020 Men's Olympic Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never seen game being played at 10 am. Wtf?
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
      I have never seen game being played at 10 am. Wtf?
      Historically the first quarterfinal was played around 1pm but I looked it up and in the last Olympics it was 11am and in 1996 Lithuania-Greece was 10am.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        Australia as always 4th?
        Actually, I would say Argentina has realistic chances for win against Australia who is overrated, I dont know based on what? Australia is correct team with some good players and with some obvious lacks, this is team of second level on tournament as well as Argentina, they won 3 games in group.

But, in the games of high importance they have many problems due their style of basketball,pretty free and leisure. This generation of Australia won one important game against good opponent, that was against Lithunia 2016 and that`s all. I think Argentina has better sniff to find way to win in dramatic,tough game than Australia would it be.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
          Historically the first quarterfinal was played around 1pm but I looked it up and in the last Olympics it was 11am and in 1996 Lithuania-Greece was 10am.
          Thanks. Really strange time for Slovenia: Germany match.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Congrats to my boy Bob. Ziga "Olajuwon" Dimec!!!

Comment

• All four quarterfinal favorites are solid in the 7.5-13.5 point favorite range. And all four will face heavy pressure to win and an elimination would be disastrous. Usa obviously. France has to finally make a run and after always coming up short. Same thing with Australia if not this cycle then when ? And even Slovenia can’t lose to Germany and is actually the largest favorite of the four and understandably so since they are undefeated with Luka and Germany is the weakest of the 8.

Comment

• Whenever Dimec's gravitational field doesn't result in 5 fouls in 3 minutes, he can be usefull!

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game. I am impressed by our team winning this game even on a bit of an off shooting day.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  Whenever Dimec's gravitational field doesn't result in 5 fouls in 3 minutes, he can be usefull!

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game..
                  Yeah I agree. The strategy should be used as a change up and not the entire game. It gave the Slovenian “others” confidence early on and that set a bad precedent for the rest of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                    Congrats to my boy Bob. Ziga "Olajuwon" Dimec!!!
                    Thanks. Yes, it might looked strange but Dimec was crucial in 1 point, rebounding, scoring and even assisting.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Is it me or are these games flying by even faster than usual? It used to be about 1:50-2 hours in real time but I feel like it’s more like 1:40 now. You blink and these games are over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                        Whenever Dimec's gravitational field doesn't result in 5 fouls in 3 minutes, he can be usefull!

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game. I am impressed by our team winning this game even on a bit of an off shooting day.
                        Luka after the game said, "have you ever seen someone playing zone for 40 minutes? "
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

All four quarterfinal favorites are solid in the 7.5-13.5 point favorite range. And all four will face heavy pressure to win and an elimination would be disastrous. Usa obviously. France has to finally make a run and after always coming up short. Same thing with Australia if not this cycle then when ? And even Slovenia can’t lose to Germany and is actually the largest favorite of the four and understandably so since they are undefeated with Luka and Germany is the weakest of the 8.
                          Before this year, I would have never believed that Slovenia can be 13.5 points favourite in the Qs of Olympics.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• I remember Scariolo attempting to box and one Durant in the fourth quarter of the Gold medal game in 2012. But there was a play where Lebron had the ball on the right wing and two Spanish defenders stayed with Durant opening up a wide open lane for Lebron to drive and dunk and that was the end of that. Incidentally the only time I can ever remember the strategy being used for an entire game was the 1985 NCAA final 4 when John Thompson’s Georgetown did it to St. John’s Chris Mullin and it did work by limiting his shots and basically shutting him down. But Mullin was a scorer not a facilitator like Luka so not really appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                              Before this year, I would have never believed that Slovenia can be 13.5 points favourite in the Qs of Olympics.
                              No doubt. But here you are and that’s all that matters. Would love to have seen Goran Dragic playing off the ball and at the point when Luka got rest. Your team would have been a beast.

Comment

No doubt. But here you are and that’s all that matters. Would love to have seen Goran Dragic playing off the ball and at the point when Luka got rest. Your team would have been a beast.
                                Dragic was tempted to play in the end, but said it would have been unfair to take place from someone, who played in qualifications. Slovenia would have been much better team with Dragic of course.

Bookies have USA as clear favourites. Slovenia is second with 6.00.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information