Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neo View Post
    as far as i know, its mainly d fans (including some people in this forum) that hype prospective pba and/or gilas players from this group.
    Tab said in an interview that he personally flew to Hawaii to talk to Sage's family about that. Given that Sage is third or fourth generation, did the SBP consider that it's possible that Sage does not have claim to citizenship, or if he even has a claim, it will be a mountain of paperwork for the family to process the claim PH citizenship.

While it appears that netizens are hyping him, it's pretty much "nudged" by the SBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
      Tab said in an interview that he personally flew to Hawaii to talk to Sage's family about that. Given that Sage is third or fourth generation, did the SBP consider that it's possible that Sage does not have claim to citizenship, or if he even has a claim, it will be a mountain of paperwork for the family to process the claim PH citizenship.

While it appears that netizens are hyping him, it's pretty much "nudged" by the SBP.
      tab was "hyped" on sage by d people in this forum

seriously though, there are always gaps that legal minds can work around on. just like in d case of norwood.

and even more with d cases of d likes of asi, erik menk, hatfield, pennisi etc.

Comment

To be fair to the three, maybe the reason why they didn't say yes is due to not having claim to Philippine citizenship because their parents were no long PH citizen upon their birth. Say that they showed real interest in Gilas, I don't think they will be able to get a passport (since they aren't citizens) unless people in the SBP will pull some "political hocus pocus strings".

Proving PH citizenship especially regarding someone whose parents were NOT born in the Philippines is too much paperwork. The parents will have to register their birth with the consulate, and then has to register their child with the consulate. The DFA only accepts PSA birth certificates to process PH passports.

Caelum Harris, I believe is half Pinoy with a parent born in the Philippines so that makes things easier. But for third generation and beyond, the odds are against them
        This is accurate and spot on basically

And yes there are hokus pokus ways, ill leave that to the powers that be, but really , if it's from the government who is making magic , then so be it, it's like super legislation powers...
        FIBA Has no say on that , bahala yung each government

Comment

I don't think Kouame even needs a passport right now because the games will be held here.
          I think they need to submit a copy in the FIBA head quarters and they need a clearance from FIBA for him to play.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
            I think they need to submit a copy in the FIBA head quarters and they need a clearance from FIBA for him to play.
            Yes it is the official documentation required

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              Yes it is the official documentation required
              Speaking of which, is he already a citizen? By now, his bill should have elapsed into law.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                Speaking of which, is he already a citizen? By now, his bill should have elapsed into law.
                perhaps not yet

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                  Originally posted by neo View Post
                  perhaps not yet
                  Not yet. Based on the bill, the law has to be published first in the Official Gazette and 2 newspapers of general circulation, and it only takes effect 15 days after the publication.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                    tab was "hyped" on sage by d people in this forum

seriously though, there are always gaps that legal minds can work around on. just like in d case of norwood.

and even more with d cases of d likes of asi, erik menk, hatfield, pennisi etc.
                    I doubt Tab even reads forums.

And as regards to Menk, Hatfield, Asi, Pennisi - that's the hocus pocus that went. As for Gabe, I think his claim in leg but in the case of Menk, his mother was no longer a PH citizen when he and his sister were born.

Comment

I doubt Tab even reads forums.

And as regards to Menk, Hatfield, Asi, Pennisi - that's the hocus pocus that went. As for Gabe, I think his claim in leg but in the case of Menk, his mother was no longer a PH citizen when he and his sister were born.
                      Well, Hatfield got bombarded by the late Sen. Barbers when the former admitted that her mother was no longer a Filipina citizen when he was born.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                        Well, Hatfield got bombarded by the late Sen. Barbers when the former admitted that her mother was no longer a Filipina citizen when he was born.
                        any lawyer can correct me on this, but if you were a Filipino and lost your citizenship for whatever reason, you can reacquire it that as if you did not loose it. Link-> http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/c...nce%20of%20law

I am a natural born Filipino who was naturalized in another country; can I re-acquire my Filipino citizenship without losing current my citizenship?

Former natural-born Filipino who has been naturalized in another country who wishes to retain or re-acquire their Philippine citizenship may apply for Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship pursuant to RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

Can I include my dependents for my application of RA 9225?

Children below 18 years of age may be included as dependents to your application for RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

I am a foreign national with a Filipino parent; can I apply for a Filipino citizenship?

Foreign nationals who were born outside of the Philippines to a Filipino parent (Note: the parent/s must be Philippine citizen/s at the time of the applicant’s birth) may apply for Recognition as a Filipino citizen, without losing the current citizenship of the applicant. For more information, please click here.
                        WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                        SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                          any lawyer can correct me on this, but if you were a Filipino and lost your citizenship for whatever reason, you can reacquire it that as if you did not loose it. Link-> http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/c...nce%20of%20law

I am a natural born Filipino who was naturalized in another country; can I re-acquire my Filipino citizenship without losing current my citizenship?

Former natural-born Filipino who has been naturalized in another country who wishes to retain or re-acquire their Philippine citizenship may apply for Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship pursuant to RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

Can I include my dependents for my application of RA 9225?

Children below 18 years of age may be included as dependents to your application for RA 9225. For more information, please click here.

I am a foreign national with a Filipino parent; can I apply for a Filipino citizenship?

Foreign nationals who were born outside of the Philippines to a Filipino parent (Note: the parent/s must be Philippine citizen/s at the time of the applicant’s birth) may apply for Recognition as a Filipino citizen, without losing the current citizenship of the applicant. For more information, please click here.
                          I'm a law student, not a lawyer, but yes, you can reacquire your status as natural-born citizen under RA 9225.

Only two kinds of citizens in the Philippines: natural-born and naturalized. The test if you are a naturalized, is if you have to undergo a naturalization process to become a Filipino citizen. If you don't, you are natural-born.

Comment

• ^

That is correct,

From FIBAs and common universal law view however one's second citizenship confirmed after the 1st granted at birth , is viewed as natulization , regardless if the process was via natural birth acquisition ,marriage or legislation.
                            Of course FIBAs classification definition of eligibility for local and import is when passport was issued relative to birthdate (Generally, not exception process)

Here is what people have to realize legal verification if citizenship is based on documentation even for Philippine law (never ethnicity) , and universally verifiable documentation have to be dated (stamped) as when issued and is used as the confirmation date. So really any confirmation of 2nd citizenship after default initial citizenship verified by birth is considered acquisition of 2nd citizenship and therefore naturalization. regardless of the process.
                            Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-07-2021, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                              I wonder who in the immigration or DFA "granted" him PH citizenship, when clearly, legally this would not happen to "ordinary" people. The Fil-Sham issue even came into light BEFORE the dual citizenship laws.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                I'm a law student, not a lawyer, but yes, you can reacquire your status as natural-born citizen under RA 9225.

Only two kinds of citizens in the Philippines: natural-born and naturalized. The test if you are a naturalized, is if you have to undergo a naturalization process to become a Filipino citizen. If you don't, you are natural-born.
                                To be fair, the Senate inquiry happened months before R.A. No. 9225 became a law. The inquiries were framed and made prior to the passage of this law. In this context, in the eyes of these Senators, Hatfield is not a Filipino.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information