Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Reminder lang bro: Those Bosnian-Qataris obtained Qatari citizenship prior to their 16th b-day. So even if those players have no Qatari blood whatsoever, the mere fact that they obtained Qatari passports/citizenship prior to their 16th b-day, FIBA recognize them as Qatari local players. FIBA obviously has no regard for bloodline/heritage/descent in so far as the "passport before 16th birthday rule".

Therefore, this case of Bosnian-Qatari's couldn't be used as precedent for Kouame's case.
    i think he is talking about that developmental exemption than the age limit , kouame have a very good chance really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastas View Post
      Minus the star Breakers imports.

Aussies will win this even with their F team.
      Japan beat Australia with Delly and Thon playing. While Iran beat Team C Australia. I don't see any reason why Tall Blacks cannot beat this Boomers team when half of its players are new to the senior's team.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by shamuibilog View Post
        hmmm, no, but confusing and inconsistent in what he declared i e he is injured, yet he even scored 12 points :

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/v...cle_featured_3
        here is a better explanation coming from wright and probably to the others also

"There's a lot of things, a lot of factors, but first and foremost, my body's not ready yet for that extra grind in secondary practices after my primary practice so I'm gonna sit out this window."

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Japan has 3 naturalized players in 24 man pool, gavin edwards and ryan rossiter with nick fazekas
          nauna pa japan in their naturalized pool while sbp is still in the plan stage

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastas View Post
            Minus the star Breakers imports.

Aussies will win this even with their F team.
            While I admit Australia is more talented, they're also made up of the non imports of NBL teams

Yes if NZ wins it will be an upset, but it is possible given the circumstances of decent talent (they are starters and from the same team that has built chemistry
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Reminder lang bro: Those Bosnian-Qataris obtained Qatari citizenship prior to their 16th b-day. So even if those players have no Qatari blood whatsoever, the mere fact that they obtained Qatari passports/citizenship prior to their 16th b-day, FIBA recognize them as Qatari local players. FIBA obviously has no regard for bloodline/heritage/descent in so far as the "passport before 16th birthday rule".

Therefore, this case of Bosnian-Qatari's couldn't be used as precedent for Kouame's case.
              Question: Whether they acquire citizenship prior or after 16th b-day, without Qatari blood, are they not considered naturalised?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                Question: Whether they acquire citizenship prior or after 16th b-day, without Qatari blood, are they not considered naturalised?
                by qatari law they should be naturalized citizens but in fiba they can play as locals because of the hagop rule.

Comment

• Every country has its own citizenship laws so FIBA made their own rule. They dont really care if the players are from Mars as long they obtain a passport before 16.
                  DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                    In principle, they are naturalized but Qatar found the loopholes on hagop rules on before 16th birthday rule to consider as local player, unfortunately we can't use that loopholes here because based on our immigration law, we can naturalized only is 21 yrs old and above

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                      To all reading this forum.. Do you think that game involving Hong Kong and other countries affected by corona virus should be scrap/postpone also? What do you think @analyzed? You are NZL based right? If your team is facing Hong Kong.. Do you think it's better to be scrap or move it to another date?
                      I'm actually involved with providing mitigation and guidliness to repond to the issue.. so i do know the issues...

To answer question, one needs to reasonably asses what action will actually be effective in minimizing the spread.. So there 2 things in regards to HK, one is playing in HK (which is a no brainer - can't do that) the other is hosting and playing their full team delegation.. (so that's like 20 people) , the question then is can the 20 people screened first off shore within that 14 day period... to see if they don't carry the virus.. then secondly after screening they need to be quaranteened and not go back in the interim to locations that are at risk (HK) , only thru that can u have a reasonable mitigation steps to meaninfully reduce the risk..

Now to the Philippines playing Thailand soon (next 14 days) , if Thailand's team get's screened when they play Korea in Korea this Thursday, and don't go back to Thailand and fly straight to Manila (after all members are cleared) then it is wihin reasoanble risk to play them in Manila like in Feb 26. ( next week) , note the Philippine govt has the right however not to have spectators gather.. so close door if it's identified that is the risk being avoided (large crowd gathering) , point is u need to identifying what risk you're avoiding , it isn't a simple case of ban blanket everyone from HK or Thailand..
                      Last edited by analyzed; 02-17-2020, 10:16 PM.
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        Because their federation have gov't support.. dito eh halos mag 2 years na ang naturalization papers ni brownlee eh waley parin..
                        need money envelopes to politicians to move fast.. did chualay gave one? Nope.. not even MVP.. and look how fast we naturalized blatche with money envelopes.. less than a year..
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• NZ might actually have a good chance of winning this game.. (Aus) https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basket...st-aussie-guam

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            NZ might actually have a good chance of winning this game.. (Aus) https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basket...st-aussie-guam
                            I also see them winning but not by much though. My take is in my previous post (TB will win over Boomers by 10).
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              NZ might actually have a good chance of winning this game.. (Aus) https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basket...st-aussie-guam
                              what's the current score between the 2 teams in fiba competition?

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                                what's the current score between the 2 teams in fiba competition?
                                I don't know of hand, but my guest is NZ has just won around 15 % of the senior games, I can only recal 2 in the last 10 yrs or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information