Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    No. He is a great PBA player. But he is not fit in gilas.

This is only for me. But He is too slow, not athletic, and not a sharpshooter, and he is not a good defender. Look at pba he will score but he also allows his matchup to score as many or more points than him. His shooting and form is really bad, it can be easily block, he doesnt have a quick release 3. He is not as athletic as cj. And I really think he is slow. Ross, Tenorio, newsome, castro, bolick, perez, are all guards fster than him. I can only think a few which he is faster. He is not also a good playmaker like tenorio. Dont be blinded by his assists, itss like wrestbrook stat padding. And lastly he is small. He will be a defensive liability.

Again, He is a great PBA player. But he doesnt fit. There are players like that. Arwind is a top 40 pba player all time but he is not fit with gilas.

Saying all of these, I am not hating on kiefer and arwind. I am just stating MY OWN opinion about their gilas stints
    Totally disagree!! Kiefer is athletic, his vertical leap is higher than Marck Espejo and he is strong. He is very skillful and a good scorer. He plays bigger than his size and is a good defender and most of all he is a good playmaker. He has high basketball IQ just like his dad..

Comment

I remember rajko and coach tab saying some pba players are COMPLAINING about their tough basketball practice/training routine.

This is the problem of our pba stars e. Lack of work ethics.

Look at Kai, at 17, he has already working out much tougher than pba stars
      when and where tab said that?
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• The Rajko story is some whispering and the name Arwind came up a lot. His pals are the complainers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
          Totally disagree!! Kiefer is athletic, his vertical leap is higher than Marck Espejo and he is strong. He is very skillful and a good scorer. He plays bigger than his size and is a good defender and most of all he is a good playmaker. He has high basketball IQ just like his dad..
          Well we have our own opinion. But for me he is not fit. His skills does not translate on Fiba. He cannit even score agains bigger international opponents. His height us a problem, he doesnt have speed to compensate it.. Disagree with the playmaker though, he doesnt have the playmaking skills of alapag or tenorio. I will agree that he have basketball IQ. But it is not enough.

And you cannot point out his shooting. His shooting is not that good. He is not a sharpshooter which is needed in Fiba.

And the biggest thing is KIEFER needs the ball all the time to be effective. He doesnt fit with motion offense. He is good with the ball, but his
          movement without the ball is suspect.

Anyway, you are all free to disagree, this is only my take

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            when and where tab said that?
            A long time, anyway maybe those are rumors only. But there will be no rumors if there are no happening.

Pba stars needed to improve their work ethics.

Look at nba players. They play 82 games a season. They sometimes play back to back games. They even play with jetlags. They also
            Practice countless times.

If only pba can be like nba with many games and many teams. Unfortunately, we lack thr money to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
              The Rajko story is some whispering and the name Arwind came up a lot. His pals are the complainers.
              We always Know Arwind have some attitude. Evident by that last invident with wells.
              He also have terrible and unprofessiinal answers to the media.

I will not be surprised if Arwind is the one complaining

Comment

• team china already announced their 24-man line up.

2 players are still in high school while 4 are still college. the majority are either rookies or sophomores in cba.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

Well we have our own opinion. But for me he is not fit. His skills does not translate on Fiba. He cannit even score agains bigger international opponents. His height us a problem, he doesnt have speed to compensate it.. Disagree with the playmaker though, he doesnt have the playmaking skills of alapag or tenorio. I will agree that he have basketball IQ. But it is not enough.

And you cannot point out his shooting. His shooting is not that good. He is not a sharpshooter which is needed in Fiba.

And the biggest thing is KIEFER needs the ball all the time to be effective. He doesnt fit with motion offense. He is good with the ball, but his
                  movement without the ball is suspect.

Anyway, you are all free to disagree, this is only my take
                  that's why he's a mythical 5 member in u18 tournament because he can't score against taller players.

funny you said the problem is his height when you mentioned tenorio and alapag who is shorter than a 6ft kiefer..

plus his speed is deceiving.. don't get fooled on that..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    that's why he's a mythical 5 member in u18 tournament because he can't score against taller players.

funny you said the problem is his height when you mentioned tenorio and alapag who is shorter than a 6ft kiefer..

plus his speed is deceiving.. don't get fooled on that..
                    Well u18 doesnt matter. In Fiba seniors, he is not a factor. Dont give that 1 year layoff excuse, even before that he is not that good with fiba windows

Alapg and tenorio compensates it with their playmaking, outside shooting, and speed. Im sure you will agree that tenorio and alapag has better performance than kiefer in fiba, arent you?

You said it kiefer is taller than both of them, but he is not as effective as the two.

His speed is not slow. But not explosive enough.

And all of you arguing with me looks like agreeing to me that he is not a sharpshooter. And we all agree that outside shot is a priority
                    in international competition.

Comment

Well u18 doesnt matter. In Fiba seniors, he is not a factor. Dont give that 1 year layoff excuse, even before that he is not that good with fiba windows

Alapg and tenorio compensates it with their playmaking, outside shooting, and speed. Im sure you will agree that tenorio and alapag has better performance than kiefer in fiba, arent you?

You said it kiefer is taller than both of them, but he is not as effective as the two.

And all of you arguing with me looks like agreeing to me that he is not a sharpshooter. And we all agree that outside shot is a priority
                      that's why fajardo played well with kiefer around and fajardo didn't played well when he's not around

he did well in first 2 windows with nice assists numbers in off the bench role.. and in a club tournament he did well too as lead PG in asia club tournament in china.. he shot the ball well in that tournament.. find a better playmaker right now that can use kai and fajardo well.. whether you like it or not he's the best playmaking PG you have.. he has good court vision and has deceptive speed..

sigpic

Comment

We would not have this problem if hindi napolitika si Romeo. Well it is what it is. Yung nadevelop natin na PG that may replace him as a lead guard is injured pa. What's worst it is an ACL, would definitely affect the way he plays because he(Bolick) is a slasher and shifty

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          that's why fajardo played well with kiefer around and fajardo didn't played well when he's not around

he did well in first 2 windows with nice assists numbers in off the bench role.. and in a club tournament he did well too as lead PG in asia club tournament in china.. he shot the ball well in that tournament.. find a better playmaker right now that can use kai and fajardo well.. whether you like it or not he's the best playmaking PG you have.. he has good court vision and has deceptive speed..
                          As I said you are all free to disagree. Just sharing my take. My opinion is still the same unless kiefer prove me/us otherwise.

If kiefer develops to be a gilas caliber starting pg, and prove me wrong. Then it is good for the national team

All the best of luck to gilas and kiefer

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                            We would not have this problem if hindi napolitika si Romeo. Well it is what it is. Yung nadevelop natin na PG that may replace him as a lead guard is injured pa. What's worst it is an ACL, would definitely affect the way he plays because he(Bolick) is a slasher and shifty
                            Yeah bolick would be a good backcoukcourt. He has good shooting, decent defense, his drive is so shifty and explosive.
                            Hope his injury is not that really bad

Comment

As I said you are all free to disagree. Just sharing my take. My opinion is still the same unless kiefer prove me/us otherwise.

If kiefer develops to be a gilas caliber starting pg, and prove me wrong. Then it is good for the national team

All the best of luck to gilas and kiefer
                              just for you.. some of us here already envision what he can do with kai, edu.. if he made fajardo a much better Player how much more with edu and kai

anyway..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                                I don't get why people are still so high on Terrence Romeo. Coach Tab put it best:

“Terrence is still a gunslinger, and that gets the fans excited,” Baldwin said on the eve of Gilas’ departure for a five-day camp in Cebu.

“But that doesn’t get me excited. I want to win so that people in this country can get the thrill of playing in the Olympics [again].”

He's a tremendously talent but seems incapable of playing smart basketball. He had good moments for Gilas where he would dominate with his scoring and playmaking, but he looks for his own shot a bit too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information