This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metec View Post
    Is this new taxation system was done specifically for Sport teams, or is it some general change in Greece?
    I have very little knowledge in law in general, and in Greek law specifically. But it sound like a scenario when a lawyer of the team can make some dirty magic to gain money (break the contract and sign a new one) which should give some money to Greek teams.
    this tax only occured for 100K/year salaries only,which in 99% of the cases only applies to pro athletes.

in the past it was 20% and they changed that to 45%. olympiakos had signed papaloukas on 3.5M/year with the 20%,they tried to do what you said cutting his salary to something like half or even less which would cost them less mixed money(to the player and taxes) even with higher tax rate and agreed with him to pay the rest "under the table". which they didnt cause papaloukas appealed to greek civil courts for that difference between the 2 contracts(his previous one didnt expire,it still had 1 year left) and he won the case and aggelopouloi had to pay him 1.75M.

about panathinaikos and our transfers i think that one of the reasons(if not the main one) we havent got someone was that. waiting for the 1st of january. this summer anyway the budget will probably increase,even if the total stays the same (right now the salaries are like 8,5-9M and total 16-17),the new tax rate will allows us to give close to 11 or a bit more,havent done the math. its actually a big difference cause we can go for top quality center and more expensive role players (we will get rid of johnson's 1m/year,pappas wont stay and even if he does wont get 800K/year like he does now etc)
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
      this tax only occured for 100K/year salaries only,which in 99% of the cases only applies to pro athletes.

in the past it was 20% and they changed that to 45%. olympiakos had signed papaloukas on 3.5M/year with the 20%,they tried to do what you said cutting his salary to something like half or even less which would cost them less mixed money(to the player and taxes) even with higher tax rate and agreed with him to pay the rest "under the table". which they didnt cause papaloukas appealed to greek civil courts for that difference between the 2 contracts(his previous one didnt expire,it still had 1 year left) and he won the case and aggelopouloi had to pay him 1.75M.

about panathinaikos and our transfers i think that one of the reasons(if not the main one) we havent got someone was that. waiting for the 1st of january. this summer anyway the budget will probably increase,even if the total stays the same (right now the salaries are like 8,5-9M and total 16-17),the new tax rate will allows us to give close to 11 or a bit more,havent done the math. its actually a big difference cause we can go for top quality center and more expensive role players (we will get rid of johnson's 1m/year,pappas wont stay and even if he does wont get 800K/year like he does now etc)
      Thanks for the extended update! It sounds like a real game-changer for Greek sports. Future sounds interesting.
      I'm super curious about the guy PAO will bring.

Comment

• Nunnally zu Fener according to Varlas. He isn't as bad as when he first came to us in perimeter defense, and he can make the 3. I believe we will run and increase the tempo as we did in Valencia and Oly games. I am waiting for the comments from janketa

Now, if we can get rid of Lauvergne and bring another big man, we might have a chance for the playoffs.
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
          Nunnally zu Fener according to Varlas. He isn't as bad as when he first came to us in perimeter defense, and he can make the 3. I believe we will run and increase the tempo as we did in Valencia and Oly games. I am waiting for the comments from janketa

Now, if we can get rid of Lauvergne and bring another big man, we might have a chance for the playoffs.
          He isn't problem as long as De Colo is healthy. Nunnally won't have impact on the game like he did after Bogdan left. We have much bigger problems this time then him. We don't have dominant center like Milutinov, Sloukas problem this season, williams etc

But I am curious why Fener never look for good players in BSL.
          I am sure there are a few cheaper and better players then Thomas and Nunnally.

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
            Nunnally zu Fener according to Varlas...
            Also announced by Fenerbahce official account on twitter.

Meh move I'd think. Let's see.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              Also announced by Fenerbahce official account on twitter.

Meh move I'd think. Let's see.
              I agree that it’s kind of “meh” but I can’t think of any perimeter stoppers with decent shot abilities that have EL experience. Add to that that Nunally will not have lengthy adaptation times.

I would like him in Pao although almost anybody would be better than some of our current players
              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Partizan linked with Lauvergne.

And Shelvin Mack linked with Baskonia.

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                  I agree that it’s kind of “meh” but I can’t think of any perimeter stoppers with decent shot abilities that have EL experience. Add to that that Nunally will not have lengthy adaptation times.

I would like him in Pao although almost anybody would be better than some of our current players
                  No adaptation time and ability to make the 3 is what we can expect. Nunnally can also do a passable job when we do switch defense. His perimeter defense was terrible when he first came though, it was mediocre when he left.

All in all, you can't get a player who is the perfect fit in middle of the season. There will be a big overhaul in the summer, Thomas and Nunnally are only band-aid solutions for this season
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Yup. I agree vivo.

It’s the best you can do at this time of the year.
                    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• panathinaikos proposed fener a trade. willey for lauvergne
                      Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

panathinaikos proposed fener a trade. willey for lauvergne
                        I read that too. Great proposal! He would help you a lot, especially defensively.

Comment

panathinaikos proposed fener a trade. willey for lauvergne
                          Why? Only thing Lauvergne can give them, Pao already has (inside scoring). He provides no interior defense. Wiley is also statistically better than him almost any aspect

Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• 2 January: Players registered in the EuroLeague wishing to register for another club deadline
                            So what's the point of such trades? Probably just some echoes from the past, but hardly possible in nearest future

Comment

• In Serbian media they say that Lauvergne is close to Partizan. Just to mention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                                In Serbian media they say that Lauvergne is close to Partizan. Just to mention.
                                I've read it too, I'm a bit off from Partizan things lately, but remember the last time I was interested about their situation, their debts were decreasing, situation getting better, now they are thinking about Lauvergne... They should be in fine financial state nowadays. Or maybe some agents, Zeljko connections/tricks here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information