Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astigram04
    I admire your nerves, but keep your hogwash to yourself. Feed on it yourself if you want. Was it hard to insert 'defensive" to your top 25 centers? Wala nmn cgrong controversy had you said top 25 DEFENSIVE centers. But you didn't, you just did the next day, for the convenience of it
    Thanks for the post..to further confirm ithe mpression of others on your thinking.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• I think we need terrence romeo vs italy and serbia
      his speed and shooting

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Problem is, how many of our young players have the potential to play in the NBA, NBA G-League or in Europe? Maybe, Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Carl Tamayo? Who else?

Kaunti lang bro. PBA would still be the destination for most of these kids.
        my theory is we dont have pinoys in the nba or euroleague because there is a pba
        if they are good enough (very few) to be in the nba or euro they might be benchwarmers or second stringers why will they stay there
        if they are promising and try to go to the nba but are in the gleague or lower why will they stay there
        they would rather go to the pba were they have a good salary and they are the star of thier teams
        instead of being a nobody in the nba they would rather be a star in the pba
        they always have a pba to go back to if they dont make it anywhere else so the effort of trying (like parks) is not so significant
        kai and edu might be the only real nba prospects but again they will not be the star of their teams, they will be backups or role players
        they will have better salaries but might not be as fulfilling to be a benchwarmer in the nba compared to a star at home. just my opinion

and dont forget about the advertising and endorsements they can have playing locally which is more than their salary
        I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by c_d View Post
          You're right. All the more reason our youth program should be a "factory" of high quality talent. We are improving but not at an ideal rate.
          Well, improving at a slow rate is still significantly better than not improving at all.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by DRRC View Post
            my theory is we dont have pinoys in the nba or euroleague because there is a pba
            if they are good enough to be in the nba or euro they might be benchwarmers or second stringers why will they stay there
            if they are promising and try to go to the nba but are in the gleague or lower why will they stay there
            they would rather go to the pba were they have a good salary and they are the star of thier teams
            instead of being a nobody in the nba they would rather be a star in the pba
            they always have a pba to go back to if they dont make it anywhere else so the effort of trying (like parks) is not so significant
            kai and edu might be the only real nba prospects but again they will not be the star of their teams, they will be backups or role players
            Di ba may offer dati kay Jason Castro to play in Australia's NBL but Jason turned it down?
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Well, improving at a slow rate is still significantly better than not improving at all.
              I agree. However, when you see 19 year olds making their senior team debuts for other countries and doing well despite having to match up against NBA veterans (Andrew Nembhard, CAN vs AUS friendly), one will realize that a lot of work still needs to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRRC View Post
                I think we need terrence romeo vs italy and serbia
                his speed and shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o29FzBGwvc
                Fortunately, Yeng doesn't need a ball hog.
                #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by c_d View Post
                  I agree. However, when you see 19 year olds making their senior team debuts for other countries and doing well despite having to match up against NBA veterans (Andrew Nembhard, CAN vs AUS friendly), one will realize that a lot of work still needs to be done.
                  Well, I see Kai Sotto breaking in to our senior National team when he reaches 18. Perhaps Carl Tamayo will have his turn when he reaches 19 or 20.

This, kahit sa Asian-level competition lang muna

Comment

Yep he's been quite a ballhog for SMB averaged 4.3 assists a 3rd stringer to cabagnot and Ross in the finals.
                    Once a ball hog always be a ball hog. Our National team need someone who can shoot and set his team mate up someone like Chris Tiu and not a guy who'll only pass the ball because he doesn't have much of a choice.
                    #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Pls don’t tell me we will argue when the pool is already named.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                        Pls don’t tell me we will argue when the pool is already named.
                        what do you expect? i've been here in ibn for 12 yrs. theirs always an argument on the final 12. the u19 pool is the example
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Di ba may offer dati kay Jason Castro to play in Australia's NBL but Jason turned it down?
                          I'm aware of the details, yes maybe the offer financially wasn't as good, but to be accurate as far a what type of offer was presented, it was as a local not as an import. Similar to if Saints join the ABL, the kiwi locals won't be getting import spots (that's a different level).
                          That is why just to be accurate when a none European makes a top Euro league team roster as an import it isn't the same level as Standhardinger playing as a German passport holder in Europe for a mid major division. It's different. It's for this reason I do have an appreciation of non Europeans making a Euro league 1st division team as an import, because that essentially means he beat Americans and other country players for the import role. It is like making the PBA as an import
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Tiu over Romeo? Seriously? Anyway, to each his own. I guess when people judge people, it's hard to bend. Not even when he averages 4.3 on limited minutes.
                            Fuck off with this shit again. Another “Nonoy” situation just like u19 is not what we need. A pool has already been named guys.

Comment

Tiu over Romeo? Seriously? Anyway, to each his own. I guess when people judge people, it's hard to bend. Not even when he averages 4.3 on limited minutes.
                              Apologies if you misunderstood my post. I never implied we should pick Chris Tiu I only said a guy who can shoot, a willing passer, and with high BB IQ not a ball hog. We already have a player that fits that description.
                              #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
                                Apologies if you misunderstood my post. I never implied we should pick Chris Tiu I only said a guy who can shoot, a willing passer, and with high BB IQ not a ball hog. We already have a player that fits that description.
                                Mr mustache is also a height upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information