• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Hepcat just does his job to make sure Butkevicius secures the spot
    This way he'll have a chance to see his favorite player for the first time

Comment

• I don't play favourites. I'd just like to see Coach Adomaitis selecting the "best" players for the team. Moreover I hope Adomaitis has a better grasp of the best players than I do, quite simply because I'm just making my best guess from afar on the basis of whatever info I have available.

The only reason I mentioned Arnas Butkevičius' name a few months ago is that I noticed he was registering not only pretty good but rather unusual numbers for a SF. If however in a few weeks time Adomaitis decides that Adas Juškevičius and/or Martinas Geben are a better fit for the team than Butkevičius, I won't protest. I'll just shrug.

That after all is the purpose of training camp. We'll all have a better idea of which players are best at executing whatever system and game plans Adomaitis has devised in a few short weeks.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-16-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Dont know if you guys noticed but Brazdeikis was not on Canada's rather large 29 man camp invite roster. The only meaningful NBA rookie not included.

Be good to him please...

Iggy...you'll always have a home here.

In more positive Canadian basketball news - that is a damn nice 29 man list (I hope it is real). Only guys in our top 12-15 crop of players missing is Wiggins.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
          Dont know if you guys noticed but Brazdeikis was not on Canada's rather large 29 man camp invite roster. The only meaningful NBA rookie not included.

Be good to him please...

Iggy...you'll always have a home here.

In more positive Canadian basketball news - that is a damn nice 29 man list (I hope it is real). Only guys in our top 12-15 crop of players missing is Wiggins.
          Yeah, I guess he might just let Canadian federation know he's prioritizing Lithuania. His father said Iggy is opened to play for Canada if it wouldn't work out with Lithuania (citizenship wise and so on). So you still have some chances to have him in the future
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
            I don't play favourites. I'd just like to see Coach Adomaitis selecting the "best" players for the team. Moreover I hope Adomaitis has a better grasp of the best players than I do, quite simply because I'm just making my best guess from afar on the basis of whatever info I have available.
            Are there any indicators that he won't? I mean what coach on earth would pick worse player? Every coach has own system, own ideas that might be different than ours, but it doesn't mean that he is picking favorites. Moreover he sees everything in practices, we don't, we only see few games in preparation which surely doesn't show the full picture as we don't know game plan, player can have a bad day and etc.

And Maciulis is not that worse than he was 3 years ago. He had great season with AEK, finally playing some bigger role and not warming the bench or standing in the corner in offense like he did in Real

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              Are there any indicators that he won't? I mean what coach on earth would pick worse player? Every coach has own system, own ideas that might be different than ours, but it doesn't mean that he is picking favorites. Moreover he sees everything in practices, we don't, we only see few games in preparation which surely doesn't show the full picture as we don't know game plan, player can have a bad day and etc.
              Yes. And I'm saying I won't be second guessing Adomaitis' picks. At the end of the day my favourites are his favourites. So it's unfair to say I have my own paramount favourites, e.g. Butkevičius.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              And Maciulis is not that worse than he was 3 years ago. He had great season with AEK, finally playing some bigger role and not warming the bench or standing in the corner in offense like he did in Real
              The fact that Jonas Mačiulis was doing little other than warming Real Madrid's bench since 2016 before joining AEK is precisely why I've been thinking his skills may have declined.

Comment

The fact that Jonas Mačiulis was doing little other than warming Real Madrid's bench since 2016 before joining AEK is precisely why I've been thinking his skills may have declined.
                He won't be as good as he was in 2015, it's a no-brainer. But he still tough, experienced guy who plays the right way, can defend 2 positions and has guts to play clutch minutes of any games if needed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

But his stats are better now...

Comment

• I have an open mind. If he's been putting up noticeably better numbers and is physically ready and raring to go, I'm willing to reconsider my previous assessment. That's why friendly games are there on the schedule.

Comment

• Jonas Maciulis is in.

"1985" generation Maciulis, Jankunas,Seibutis, Kalnietis will try to catch their last Olympic dream.Last 4 players left of that unforgetable 2010 team.

Jonas Kazlauskas in previuos Olympic cycle 2015-2016 in tough moments or closing games went alot with JV,Jankunas,Maciulis,Seibutis,Kalnietis lineup

Its good that we would have an option for some moments return to lineup that have seen it all you can see in basketball.

It can work for couple minutes and stop the bleeding when younger fellas gonna look lost at some tough moments in a tournament ( at that happens in every tournament). That lineup will not panic ,they have seen way too much.Every team need such grown ups if you want to make long playoof run
                      Last edited by Shawshank; 07-20-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• I don't care it's 85 or 2002 generation, I choose best payers or best combinations available. I think 2010 WC was just fine without any of grandpas (and I think we played best bball after USA), but you never know. Kemzura just took those who were available. If there would be better options than Jankunas and Maciulis, I wouldn't blink once cutting them, if it's time it's time. Now I'm sticking with such roster, but maybe the camp will reveal some surprises like for example Geben might look very well, we'll see:

Lukas, Mantas
                        Marius, Seibutis, Rokas
                        Ulanovas, Butkevicius
                        Domas, Kuz, Maciulis
                        JV, Jankunas

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• My prediction will be like this:

Kalnietis, Lekavicius
                          Grigonis, Seibutis, Giedraitis
                          Kuzminskas, Ulanovas
                          Sabonis, Maciulis, Bendzius
                          Valanciunas, Jankunas

10 guys are pretty much obvious, then it goes down between Juskevicius/Giedraitis and since I don't see a need for another combo guard, I'd stick with Giedraitis, who is more versatile and not worse shooter. And finally Butkevicius vs Bendzius. Since we have Maciulis and Ulanovas, I don't think Butkevicius will be picked, but Bendzius might be chosen as stretch 4 option as we lack shooting touch in frontcourt, unless Kuzia will be used as PF at some points. Anyway those 11-12th guys are there just to fill the roster, but since I know that the most popular reality show in summer in Lithuania is to pick exactly those positions, so won't spoil the party

Comment

• It's obviuos Maciulis worked hard,even from eye we can see obviuos weight lose.I don't remember him looking so thin, but that what players with long careers does after 32 loosing weight to put less pressure on body.

Valanciunas said that most likely won't play againts Spain, same goes to Sabonis.They join contact training with team on August 1st that is traveling day, game is on August 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                              Kalnietis, Lekavicius
                              Grigonis, Seibutis, Giedraitis
                              Kuzminskas, Ulanovas
                              Sabonis, Maciulis, Bendzius
                              Valanciunas, Jankunas
                              Solid.

However, the way I see it, obviously it's Sabonis and Kuzminskas occupying position 4 leaving from little to none for others. Both are by far best options at 4. I probably would see 20 for each. So to me position 4 is closed and if I would want some-one to fill some gaps it's surely Maciulis (or even Jankunas), but not Bendzius. I just don't see how he's needed.

Position 5 will be occupied by JV and Sabonis, sometimes Jankunas stepping in for few minutes.

Basically frontline model for the key games is this:

Sabonis, Kuzminskas
                              Valanciunas, Sabonis

+ Maciulis/Jankunas if needed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Can Jonas Thiniulis play PF?
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information