Great HS players turns out to be a stud in College League or vice versa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrEndshiftresign View Post
    jay agbayani of SBC HS/UP. i remember the guy was a big scorer for the red cubs, playing in the same team as jv casio, ford arao, etc. too bad it took him 5 years to become productive in the UAAP, and even then he was a bit of a disappointment, IMHO.
    Agbayani was the starting power forward for the Red Cubs (2004). While Ford Arao was the starting center.

Comment

dud is more politically correct. i can't speak for other schools since every school hypes up their own kind. heck, someone told me Eric Yao was the next big thing.

no offense to my alma mater but here's what i think:

Miguel Gozum (RIP) - was a Fil-Am recruit. had a great rookie year but for some reason was relegated to team B a few years later. passed away during an exhibition game against a team of engineering students.

Mika Vainio - i wonder why he always started for a few minutes only to be subbed by Willie Wilson the rest of the game? he did have a solid season with UP along with Mike Gavino though.

Mike Gavino - speaking of Gavino, DLSU just had too many big men during his time and Pumaren liked to play small ball with Adonis Sta. Maria (a 6'4 forward) at center anyway if not playing Carlo Sharma or Manny Ramos.

Martin Urra - was a do-it-all center for DLSZ's during his day, had a fallout with Pumaren and transfered to CSB where he was cut again (by Pumaren's former assistant) after having 2 good individual seasons.

OJ Cua - much has been said, he just couldn't score that well in the college game.

Simon Atkins - though he wasn't the UAAP jr's MVP (i think it was Manlapaz of UPIS, now CSB) Atkins used to average a triple double in the UAAP jr's and was known to attack the basket and run the break. hence, the expectation that he's a "basketball wonder". he's got a few more years to redeem himself.

but of the ones i've seen before from other schools:

Lino Tabique (RIP) - played like Iverson during his SBC jr's days, didn't get a lot of playing time in UP... then he had cancer.

Ken Baraccoso - UAAP jr's MVP... couldn't get playing time with ADMU.

Comment

Originally posted by paolylo View Post
        dud is more politically correct. i can't speak for other schools since every school hypes up their own kind. heck, someone told me Eric Yao was the next big thing.

no offense to my alma mater but here's what i think:

Miguel Gozum (RIP) - was a Fil-Am recruit. had a great rookie year but for some reason was relegated to team B a few years later. passed away during an exhibition game against a team of engineering students.

Mika Vainio - i wonder why he always started for a few minutes only to be subbed by Willie Wilson the rest of the game? he did have a solid season with UP along with Mike Gavino though.

Mike Gavino - speaking of Gavino, DLSU just had too many big men during his time and Pumaren liked to play small ball with Adonis Sta. Maria (a 6'4 forward) at center anyway if not playing Carlo Sharma or Manny Ramos.

Martin Urra - was a do-it-all center for DLSZ's during his day, had a fallout with Pumaren and transfered to CSB where he was cut again (by Pumaren's former assistant) after having 2 good individual seasons.

OJ Cua - much has been said, he just couldn't score that well in the college game.

Simon Atkins - though he wasn't the UAAP jr's MVP (i think it was Manlapaz of UPIS, now CSB) Atkins used to average a triple double in the UAAP jr's and was known to attack the basket and run the break. hence, the expectation that he's a "basketball wonder". he's got a few more years to redeem himself.

but of the ones i've seen before from other schools:

Lino Tabique (RIP) - played like Iverson during his SBC jr's days, didn't get a lot of playing time in UP... then he had cancer.

Ken Baraccoso - UAAP jr's MVP... couldn't get playing time with ADMU.
        you forgot pj walsham...

like cua, he was very productive as a letran squire, but couldn't get a break with the green archers.

Comment

life is a very interesting thing. A man goes to college to study. But in the end, he plays in the college team. Given the number of workouts, I don’t understand when they have time to learn and get an education. There is no certainty that they are not using professional help like https://pro-papers.com/research-papers-writing-service. It's really a secret for me, how students can spend all time for basketball and have good marks

Comment

Working on a scholarship essay can be challenging, so many students ask professional writers to write scholarship essay format. The writing process can be particularly tough if you have to prepare an essay for a scholarship application for the first time. Trust essay writing companies. Theu will accomplish this task for you.

Comment

I think this discussion can be turned into a great speech or presentation. For that, you might need some tools provided by the https://educat.tools/ platform. There, you can calculate your speech length and improve the whole text from different perspectives.

Comment

Is paperhelp legit Reddit? The service tries to assure students that yes. They offer academic assistance and promise to write all kinds of college papers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                  Agbayani was the starting power forward for the Red Cubs (2004). While Ford Arao was the starting center.
                  They played in the junior finals against mapua red robins with japeth aguilar - galinato tandem
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi. I'm glad to read your post. I agree with you. I often use additional information. I am a student. If I can for example rate my paper https://plagiarismsearch.com/rate-my-paper.html. This is very cool. I can be a good student with extra experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information