Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One country I am really intrigued by is Kyrgyzstan, who has a very good junior team but hardly ever sends teams to qualifiers.

Sure, their juniors may be fake but if they really can play I would like to see them representing the country in the big stage. Too bad some died/got injured in that plane crash.
    aim low, score high

Comment

• Originally posted by jxuusa View Post
      We'll just have to see how far they all go then. No more cupcakes like India and Indonesia or even India after the quarters.
      Well i did not say Philippines will advance to quarterfinals , i only disagree with you saying that Phil. will not advance to the next round if we are placed on other groups such as B,C,& D.... am i clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
        Actually there are about 10 teams who can challenge each other. I think Syria and HK who are absent are better than UAE, India etc. but they don't belong to the elite.

The 10 proven teams are: China, Korea, Japan, RP, Taipei, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Kazakhstan, and Qatar.

I recommend that this year's top 10 finishers directly qualify for 2011 Asian Championships while 11th place -16th place (almost undoubtedly Uzbekistan, India, UAE, Kuwait, Indonesia and Sri Lanka) plus other teams willing to participate (Syria, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc.) fight for the remaining 6 spots in the 2010 "FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup".

Actually let's make 2011 a 12-team tournament, just like in Asian Games you have play-in games to eliminate those that don't belong to get a field of 12. The others weaker teams can use "FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup" as an exercise ground where they play similarly strengthed teams. This way the regional qualification tournaments are eliminated altogether.
        very logical analysis cause its a solution for the humiliating results of some teams in this asian championship,adding to that,such selection can raise the level of basketball competitions in asia
        man u should be in the fiba

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
          asian basketball is like this: you have china on the topmost level and below china, you have 8 teams that can beat each other.

the strength and competitiveness of asian basketball is 9-team deep.

perhaps adding 3 more 'developing' teams will be enough to keep this tournament interesting...
          china is very beatable. especially without yao ming. i think jordan, iran and lebanon have the talent and system to beat china. even the philippines has a significant chance. not large, but significant chance.

i won't be surprised if china doesn't reach the semis.
          Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
            china is very beatable. especially without yao ming. i think jordan, iran and lebanon have the talent and system to beat china. even the philippines has a significant chance. not large, but significant chance.

i won't be surprised if china doesn't reach the semis.
            Totally Agree..
            https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• The men's national basketball team of the Philippines is one of the best-performing Asian teams in international tournaments, winning a bronze medal in the 1954 FIBA World Championship for men and a fifth-place finish in the 1936 Summer Olympics, the two best finishes of any Asian team in the history of the top two international basketball tournaments.(wikipedia)

*Philippines is still the best team in asia regarding on achievements and rich history. But because of the suspension in the international competition and BB program, i think the Philippines is now rank at 5 or 6 among the best team in Asia.

Comment

• Yeah believe that point's been established here, for like the 10,000th time.

Comment

• Draw Result for Fiba Asia

Well just watch and see if the Philippine Team can make it to FIBA Asia again.
                  Gabrielkun Blog | Canelo Alvarez vs Angulo Tickets | Pacquiao vs Bradley Tickets Tickets

Comment

• Originally posted by jxuusa View Post
                    Yeah believe that point's been established here, for like the 10,000th time.
                    definitely more

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information