X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw Result for Fiba Asia

just post the result here...

Yes. Right, we will be waiting for the post. Thank you!
    Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

Comment

what time will the draw starts?

Comment

I hope Garci went with Eala....to Tianjin ....hello Garci ,where are you ? we need help with the draw
        =========================================
        Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

I think it would be better if Team Pilipinas will be bracketed again in the group of Death...why? because simply the more experience playing with the Champion calibre team would make our team stronger and respected by other..In my own opinion based on the 2007 Tokushima Pilipinas could win a Championship if given a chance..ika nga swerte2.. even the Champion Iran is having a hard time with Team Pilipinas..so it doesnt matter for me if we are again bracketed in this group of Death..Yeng shouldnt be afraid, instead of praying not to be included on the so called group of death why not pray for his players health and those injured will soon play with them...and the only problem I see about this Powerade Team is lack of Tournaments, practices and so on..and as the chinese coach said during the Manila Invitational our team is strong individually, but that would be our major problem because in International games Individual talents isnt a factor, the important thing is the Team..just look at this video below this game proves that even a NBA calibre superstars is not an assurance of a Championship in International Competition

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
            I think it would be better if Team Pilipinas will be bracketed again in the group of Death...why? because simply the more experience playing with the Champion calibre team would make our team stronger and respected by other..In my own opinion based on the 2007 Tokushima Pilipinas could win a Championship if given a chance..ika nga swerte2.. even the Champion Iran is having a hard time with Team Pilipinas..so it doesnt matter for me if we are again bracketed in this group of Death..Yeng shouldnt be afraid, instead of praying not to be included on the so called group of death why not pray for his players health and those injured will soon play with them...and the only problem I see about this Powerade Team is lack of Tournaments, practices and so on..and as the chinese coach said during the Manila Invitational our team is strong individually, but that would be our major problem because in International games Individual talents isnt a factor, the important thing is the Team..just look at this video below this game proves that even a NBA calibre superstars is not an assurance of a Championship in International Competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb5RfxQNMlE
            for me as of now it really doesnt matter what group would team pilipinas be in...and i somewhat agree with your post, but lets just see later, who would be the first team to taste the rage of team pilipinas mick mah man you know what to do
            KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

Originally posted by macan77 View Post
              what time will the draw starts?
              16:30(Beijing Time)

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang View Post
                16:30(Beijing Time)
                So it's in 4.5 hours?

Comment

FIBA-Asia draw in Tianjin today

source: philstar.com

Whether Lady Luck will be with the Philippines in the FIBA-Asia draw or not is a mystery until the groups are finalized after a lottery at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Tianjin, China, this afternoon.

SBP executive director Noli Eala, Powerade Team Pilipinas manager J. B. Baylon of Coca-Cola and interpreter Andrew Teh left on a PAL flight yesterday morning to represent the country at the draw. PBA commissioner Sonny Barrios was also invited to attend.

Before departing, Eala said jokingly he hopes the Philippines will land in the Group of Life after drawing the Group of Death at the FIBA-Asia Championships in Tokushima two years ago.

“Whatever is our fate, we’ll take it,” said Eala. “The SBP is ready to support coach Yeng Guiao and the national team all the way.”

Iran, Lebanon, Korea and Kazakhstan are seeded to head each of the four brackets in the tournament based on the Tokushima results from No. 1 to No. 4. China is allowed to choose its bracket as the host country’s privilege and will select to start the third round or after two teams are listed in each group. The rest of the slots will be filled by lottery.

There are 16 countries participating in the competition from the five FIBA-Asia zones of East Asia, Southeast Asia, West Asia, the Gulf and Middle Asia. The top three finishers will earn tickets to represent Asia at the World Championships in Turkey next year.

In Tokushima, the Philippines was the second to the last to be drawn and went to Group A with eventual champion Iran, defending titlist China and Jordan. Indonesia was the last to be picked and went to Group C with Qatar, India and Kazakhstan.

Aside from host China as automatic qualifier, the other teams playing in the Aug. 6-16 FIBA-Asia conclave are the five teams that made it via the Stankovic Cup – Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Qatar and India, two teams from the Gulf – United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, two teams from West Asia – Iran and Lebanon, two teams from Southeast Asia – the Philippines and Indonesia, two teams from East Asia – Korea and Japan, and two teams from Middle Asia – Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka.

Chinese-Taipei failed to qualify out of East Asia and will not play in the biennial tournament for the first time in 24 years. However, FIBA-Asia secretary-general Dato Yeoh Choo Hock was recently quoted as saying he will try to include Chinese-Taipei in the cast by either adding one more team to the draw or taking over from a qualifier. India is reportedly considering to withdraw. Chinese-Taipei finished sixth in Tokushima.

The Philippines took ninth place in the last FIBA-Asia tournament where China, playing a developmental team, wound up 10th. Iran won the title. Coach Chot Reyes’ squad was in the so-called “Group of Death.” The Philippines beat China, 79-74, but lost to Iran, 75-69, and Jordan, 84-76, and eventually placed ninth despite winning its last four games over Syria, 107-100, in overtime, India, 104-89, Kuwait, 89-58, and China in a rematch, 78-76. Iran trounced Lebanon, 74-69, in the finals while Korea tripped Kazakhstan, 80-76, for third place.

Serbian coach Rajko Toroman, who piloted Iran to the FIBA-Asia title that led to a ticket to the Beijing Olympics, is now with the Smart-Gilas national team program.

Eala said he will also check with China Basketball Association (CBA) officials in Tianjin if the Philippines could still play in the Stankovic Cup in Kunshan, near Shanghai, on Aug. 28-31.

Eala said the plan is to field a combined PBA-Smart-Gilas team to the Stankovic Cup with a PBA wish list of Jay-R Reyes, Jason Castro, MacMac Cardona, J. C. Intal, Larry Fonacier, Carlo Sharma and Samigue Eman. Barrios, however, said if the Stankovic Cup is a go, he will need approval from the PBA Board of Governors to allow pros to join the selection.

PBL chairman and Oracle team owner Mikee Romero welcomed news of the possible combination. “That’s great news – Smart-Gilas and PBA players in one team,” said Romero.

Last edited by RNHalawi; 06-17-2009, 07:28 AM.
                  SmartGilas.com
                  TeamPilipinas.info
                  www.facebook.com/SmartGilas
                  www.IBN.SmartGilas.com <<-- Share IBN's PBA forum to the world!!

Comment

Asian Championships - Men Basketball

2009 FIBA-Asia draw in Tianjin today - Jun 17, 2009 (by Hector Santos)

Whether luck will be with countries that will participate in the FIBA-Asia draw or not is a mystery until the groups are finalized after a lottery at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Tianjin, China, on June 17, 2009.

Iran, Lebanon, Korea and Kazakhstan are seeded to head each of the four brackets in the tournament based on the Tokushima results from No. 1 to No. 4. China is allowed to choose its bracket as the host countrys privilege and will select to start the third round or after two teams are listed in each group. The rest of the slots will be filled by lottery.

There are 16 countries participating in the competition from the five FIBA-Asia zones of East Asia, Southeast Asia, West Asia, the Gulf and Middle Asia. The top three finishers will earn tickets to represent Asia at the World Championships in Turkey next year.

Aside from host China as automatic qualifier, the other teams playing in the Aug. 6-16 FIBA-Asia conclave are the five teams that made it via the Stankovic Cup Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Qatar and India, two teams from the Gulf United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, two teams from West Asia Iran and Lebanon, two teams from Southeast Asia the Philippines and Indonesia, two teams from East Asia Korea and Japan, and two teams from Middle Asia Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka.

Meanwhlle, a breaking news, Chinese-Taipei will replace Bahrain due to the latter withdrawal.Chinese Taipei finished sixth in Tokushima.

Lee Hsueh-Lin (175-G-84) of Yulon Luxgen
                    Tien Lei (202-F-83) of Dacin Construction
                    Yang Yuming (176-G-79) of Jilin Northeast Tigers (CHN)
                    Su Yi Chieh (181-G-87) of Dacin Construction
                    Chang Chih Feng (183-G-81) of Dacin Construction
                    Lin Yi-Huei (192-F-86) of Dacin Construction
                    Yang Che-Yi (193-F-78) of Yulon Luxgen
                    Tsun Wen-Din (202-C-84) of Yulon Luxgen
                    Chen Shih Nien (182-G-84) of TTL Taiwan Beer
                    Lin Chih Chieh (192-F-82) of TTL Taiwan Beer
                    Ho Shou Cheng (197-F-83) of TTL Taiwan Beer
                    Wu Tai Hao (208-C-85) of TTL Taiwan Beer
                    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Still no news? Anyways, I really find Taiwan's inclusion dubious.
                      clothesline, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by granadaddy View Post
                        They did place 6th in 2007, so I think they'd provide quality competition. I didn't even know Bahrain had a team in this tournament
                        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by granadaddy View Post
                          Draw will start at around 4:30 PM (China Time / Manila Time)

SmartGilas.com
                          TeamPilipinas.info
                          www.facebook.com/SmartGilas
                          www.IBN.SmartGilas.com <<-- Share IBN's PBA forum to the world!!

Comment

Originally posted by RNHalawi View Post
                            Draw will start at around 4:30 PM (China Time / Manila Time)

I'm hoping for the best results and keeping my fingers crossed.
                            TINIRA! TINIRA SA LIKOD!!

Comment

Is the PBA Philippine national team going to use a naturalized player?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information