Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nigeria national team

Default Raptors assign Solomon Alabi to D-League

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have reassigned rookie centre Solomon Alabi (7'1''-C-88, college: Florida St.) to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. Alabi will continue to be included on the Raptors roster and will be placed on the teams inactive list.

Alabi was with the BayHawks from November 15 December 9. He appeared in seven games with Erie, averaging 8.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 22.7 minutes. He had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the Bayhawks 102-82 victory over the Utah Flash.

Alabi has appeared in five games with the Raptors, totaling five rebounds in 15 minutes.

A native of Nigeria, Alabi, was named All-ACC Defensive Team in his two full seasons at FSU. He started all 67 games, leading the Seminoles to the NCAA Tournament twice and the ACC Tournament Championship Game as a redshirt freshman. He averaged a school record 2.1 blocked shots per game for his career. He also shot .534 per cent from the field in his two-plus seasons with the Seminoles.

The club acquired the draft rights to Alabi from the Dallas Mavericks on June 24. He was the 50th overall selection in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Alabi is the fifth Raptor to be assigned to the D-League. Ed Davis was also assigned to Erie in December. Nathan Jawai was designated on two occasions in the 2008-09 season to the Idaho Stampede. P.J. Tucker was assigned twice to the Colorado 14ers during the 2006-07 season and Pape Sow was assigned to the Arkansas Rimrockers in the 2005-06 campaign.

Erie, which is led by head coach Jay Larranaga, has been appointed as Torontos D-League affiliate for the 2010-11 season.

Courtesy of www.insidehoops.com

Default Spurs waive backup F Ime Udoka

The San Antonio Spurs have waived backup swingman Ime Udoka (6'5''-F/G-77, agency: Priority Sports, college: Portland St.).

The Spurs made the announcement Wednesday. Udoka played sparingly in 20 games after being signed in November and logged just 3 minutes in Tuesdays loss at New York.

It was Udokas second stint with the Spurs after spending two seasons in San Antonio following the teams last championship in 2007.

The Spurs roster stands at 12. Rookie swingman James Anderson is expected back soon after missing the last two months with a stress fracture in his foot.

The NBA-best Spurs play Boston on Wednesday.

Courtesy of Yahoo

[ITW] - Ben Uzoh : "I want to represent my country"

In London with his team (the New Jersey Nets ), Ben Uzoh accepted to answer some of our questions for Fiba Africa.

Are you satisfied with your season?
    I'm pleased but not satisfied. You know I think we have a lot of growing to do as a team. We got some new pieces, who are getting acclimated, trusting each others and learning the system. We've done better than last year but I'm not satisfied.

What's the life in NBA as a rookie?
    As a rookie, it's tough; it's a lot of up and downs. You keep working you're trying to be the best professional you can be.

What should you work in your game?
    Yeah I have a lot of work to do in my game! My jump shoot, my feel for the game … I just have to play.

Deron Williams is a model for you?
    Yeah, he's a mentor you know. I can learn a lot from him and I'm looking to do that.

What's the key for the game tonight? (Saturday’s game)
    The key is to have a lot of energy, put some easy baskets, and you know we'll be alright.

Do you plan to play in Afrobasket in August?
    Yeah I have to see if I can do it. But I want to represent the country, my family, and my last name so I'm definitively working on that.
    http://www.fiba-afrique.org/index.ph...id=128&lang=en
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

[ITW] - Solomon Alabi : ''Olajuwon was my model''

Drafted last year by the Raptors, Salomon Alabi didn't play in London with his franchise . He accepted to answer some questions for Fiba Africa .

You didn't play those 2 games in London . Why ?
    It's a coach's decision .

You have 2 losses In London …
    Yeah, we didn't make shoots, it's tough you know . We have to come back and try to fix it up and have to win the next game .

Are you satisfied with your season ?
    No, I'm not satisfied. I mean, I wish that I have played more . We got some guys who were hurt you know and I just have to keep my head up and keep working hard for playing time.

What kind of things you have to work in your game ?
    I feel that I have to work on everything you know. I'm not satisfied where I am right now. I have to work on my defensive game, shoot block, rebounding … All that stuff .

Who's your model in NBA right now ?
    I don't really know . There's a lot of hard workers and I just want to be better than them. So I don't have an NBA model right now because I want to be a great nba player . I think that Hakeem Olajuwon was a nice NBA player .

Bargnani is your model in your team ?
    Yes he's a hard working guy . I try to face him and challenge him every day and I think that it's a good thing for me .

Finally, are you working out with Alexis Ajinca the back up center ?
    Yeah I worked with him every day . We go on each other every day.

Do you think you can be a good center back up ?
    Sure, that's my goal .

You'll play with the national team in August ?
    Yes, I hope to play with them this summer.
    http://www.fiba-afrique.org/index.ph...id=128&lang=en
    Artificial Nature

If Nigeria coiled add Diougu, Al Farouk Aminu, Gani Lawal to their team, they'd be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    If Nigeria coiled add Diougu, Al Farouk Aminu, Gani Lawal to their team, they'd be very good.
    which clubs do these 3 players current play from?

Quote Originally Posted by enomakos View Post
    which clubs do these 3 players current play from?
    Ike Diogu is with the Los Angeles Clippers. His parents are Nigerian. Aminu also plays for the Clippers, but he is a rookie. I guess somewhere down the line, his ancestors are Nigerian. Lawal plays for the Phoenix Suns and went to high school with Aminu. His Dad is Nigerian.

Diogu seems pretty good. He's been on a lot of teams, so he's kind of a journeyman. I don't know about the other two guys. I think Aminu was kind of a trouble-maker in college. Nigeria already has some real dynamite players on their team, so I just don't know if these guys would help or not.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair View Post
    Ike Diogu is with the Los Angeles Clippers. His parents are Nigerian. Aminu also plays for the Clippers, but he is a rookie. I guess somewhere down the line, his ancestors are Nigerian. Lawal plays for the Phoenix Suns and went to high school with Aminu. His Dad is Nigerian.

Diogu seems pretty good. He's been on a lot of teams, so he's kind of a journeyman. I don't know about the other two guys. I think Aminu was kind of a trouble-maker in college. Nigeria already has some real dynamite players on their team, so I just don't know if these guys would help or not.
    that for sharing bros

US-based Nigerian player wins an award:
    http://www.episcopalhighschool.org/n...D=11&NEWSPID=2

Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

[Afrobasket Men 2011] – NGR : Nigeria name 16-man squad for training camp

The Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) has mapped out a 3-day preparatory exercise for its men's national team, which is composed of a mixture of home and foreign-based players.

The camp serves as the first meeting of the Nigeria team in the lead up to this summer's Afrobasket in Madagascar.

The camp will be lead by Sani Ahmed and Adeka Daudu and will see the participation of 16 players.

Abubakar Usman (Kano Pillars)
    Ibrahim Yusuf (Kano Pillars)
    Mathew Omonya (Kano Pillars)
    Onyeka Okeke (Kano Pillars)
    Abubakar Yusuf (Kada Stars)
    Abdulwahab Yahaya (Kada Stars)
    Abel Baraya (Plateau Peaks)
    Michael Ohiero (Royal Hoopers)
    Musa Usman (Royal Hoopers)
    Azuoma Dike (Royal Hoopers)
    Mohammed Bukar (Dodan Warriors)
    Orseer Ikyaator (Comets)
    Onyeka Ekpete (Union Bank)
    Stanley Gumut (Libya)
    Edem Ekpeyong (Kuwait)
    Boniface Synasius
    http://www.fiba-afrique.org/index.ph...mid=73&lang=en
    Artificial Nature

This is the final list or just for the 1st camp? Some European based players are missings... With this roster they would be lost

Also missing is Josh Akognon.
    aim low, score high

Default Out of Africa

Speaking of Nigerian national players, Chamberlain Oguchi will again play for Meralco in the upcoming Philippine Basketball Association Governor's Cup. Another African national seeing action in the tournament is Sierra Leone/Libyan guard Alpha Banguria, who will again suit up for Air21.

Default Chukwudiebere "Chu Chu" Maduabum

Any chance that Nigeria may add Chukwudiebere "Chu Chu" Maduabum into the National Team for consideration?

Chu Chu Maduabum was drafted 56th overall by the Los Angeles Lakers but is expected to be traded to the Denver Nuggets due to the move by Nuggets General Manager Masai Ujiri.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

John Lucas is still head coach and Ben Uzoh is trying out (He should be a lock in the team).
    http://www.gallaudetathletics.com/ne...11/nigeriacamp

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Mojado View Post
    John Lucas is still head coach and Ben Uzoh is trying out (He should be a lock in the team).
    http://www.gallaudetathletics.com/ne...11/nigeriacamp
    You would think that with his NBA connections, Lucas would be able to get Diogu, Lawal and Aminu.

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Any chance that Nigeria may add Chukwudiebere "Chu Chu" Maduabum into the National Team for consideration?

Chu Chu Maduabum was drafted 56th overall by the Los Angeles Lakers but is expected to be traded to the Denver Nuggets due to the move by Nuggets General Manager Masai Ujiri.
    i did not think so

This is the Nigeria team currently playing in a tournament in the UK:

4 Ezenwa Ukeagu
    5 Ime Udoka
    6 Dave Ajumobi
    7 Jayson Obazuaye
    8 Michael Umeh
    9 Chinedu Onjeuku
    10 Kabiru Abu
    11 Amara Thompson
    12 Ikechukwu Ofoegbu
    13 Derrick Obasohan
    14 Olumide Oyedeji
    15 Samuel Toluwase

A number of the lesser-known players are based in England, no idea if they're actually going to Afrobasket or just there to fill out the numbers.

They beat the Netherlands 84-66 and then lost to GB 95-80...don't think either of those teams were at full strength either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Nigerian National Team

Sacramento Kings

Sacramento Kings

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast