No announcement yet.

Nigeria national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played for the U-18 and also for the U-19 national team (World Champs in Serbia 2007) and no he won't be part of the Phillipines NT for sure due to this facts.
    This guy will be a cornerstone of a new Nigerian NT in the next years and hopefully make the NBA.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

NGR – Umar confidence of Nigeria bid for 2011 Afrobasket for Men

President of the Nigeria Basketball Federation President (NBBF), Tijjani Umar, has expressed confidence on the chances of the country winning the 2011 FIBA African Championship for Men.

Umar affirmed that it is only a matter of time before the country would be announced as the substantial host of the competition by the continental ruling body, FIBA Africa.

The NBBF boss says the federation has the endorsement of the Nigeria Minister for Sports, Engr. Sani Ndanusa to pursue the bid to its logical conclusion as the federation set machinery in motion to receive FIBA Africa team who are expected in the country to inspect facilities of the country bid city, Abuja .

"We have the full support of the Federal Ministry of Sports and the Government of Nigeria to bid for the 2011 Afrobasket for Men. We have prepared well and we have all the facility needed for this level of championship, so we are very optimistic to emerge as the host country for the 2011 event, Umar said confidently

The NBBF boss who led a four man delegation comprises of the 1st Vice President Mukthar Khaleh who is also a member of the Central Board of FIBA Africa as President of FIBA Africa Zone-III, Tagwai Yusuf and Mustapha Suleiman to formally present the bid document to the Central Board of FIBA Africa last weekend in Cairo , Egypt .

He added that the continental basketball body has set up an inspection committee that would visit the bidding countries soon to inspect facilities on ground.

The inspection team will be led by the Secretary General of the African body Dr. Alphonse Bile and other members of FIBA Africa will be in the country to inspect facilities at the Abuja National Stadium in April this year.

Nigeria is bidding for the 2011 Africa biggest basketball showpiece - The Nations Cup which will serve as 2012 London Olympic Games qualifiers alongside, Cote d'Ivoire and Madagascar .

It will be recalled that Nigeria stepped down for Libya as host of the 16th edition of the competition won by Angola last year.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Warriors Begin League Camping

Dordan Warriors Basketball Club of Lagos are expected to begin camping on Wednesday ahead of the commencement of the 2010 DSTV/NBBF Premier Basketball League season.
        The team will begin the build-up at their Ilupeju basketball court on Wednesday as the new season dunks off on March 17.
        The team co-ordinated by Colonel Sam Ahmedu (rted) came third last season behind their local rivals, Lagos Islanders and the reigning champions Kano Pillars.
        www.nigeriabasketball.blogspot.com
        www.nigeriabasket.blogspot.com
        www.nigerianbasket.blogspot.com

Comment

NGR - Promising Negedu receives thumbs-down by Vols

KNOXVILLE (NCAA) – Nigerian youngster Emmanuel Negedu has not received medical clearance to play for the Tennessee Volunteers.

The 6ft 7in Negedu was stricken with sudden cardiac arrest before the season following a light workout and missed the entire year.

The 21-year-old sophomore had said on Monday he had planned on coming back.

“I had been cleared by a doctor (in California) but needed to get a second opinion,” he said. “A second doctor cleared me, and I talked to Coach (Bruce) Pearl about it.’’

But Tennessee have announced they will not give Negedu medical clearance.

Athletic director Mike Hamilton said in a statement Tuesday: “Emmanuel is an exceptional young man, and we hope he will stay at UT as a student with our full support.

“If he decides he would like to pursue a playing career at another school, we will support him in that decision, and we wish him the best.’’

Tennessee said they turned down Negedu’s request after “careful consideration and consultation with both medical experts and current published recommendations.”
          Artificial Nature

Comment

I am very interested to play for the women basketball team and please email me at charttolesting@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Air23245 View Post
              I am very interested to play for the women basketball team and please email me at charttolesting@yahoo.com
              did you mean you want to play for nigeria female national basketball team?

Comment

Los Angeles Clippers sign Ike Diogu

The Los Angeles Clippers have signed forward Ike Diogu (6'8''-F/C-83, college: Arizona St.) to bolster their injury-depleted frontcourt.

The Clippers signed the former first-round draft pick on Wednesday, hours before their home game against Houston.

Chris Kaman, Craig Smith and Brian Cook all are out of the Clippers' lineup with injuries.

Diogu has been out of the NBA since Detroit cut him during training camp. After playing in 29 games during the 2008-09 season with Sacramento and Portland, the five-year NBA veteran missed all of last season following left knee surgery.

Kaman is out for a month with an injured left ankle, and the Clippers learned Tuesday that Smith will be out for at least two weeks after getting an epidural for a herniated disc in his lower back.

Courtesy of www.azcentral.com

Comment

Originally posted by enomakos View Post
                  The Los Angeles Clippers have signed forward Ike Diogu (6'8''-F/C-83, college: Arizona St.) to bolster their injury-depleted frontcourt.
                  That's fantastic! I remember watching Diogu in college and at Indiana Pacers. He's very talented. He can give a team 20 minutes a night and 10 good points. Very good player. Glad to see he's still in the NBA. Thanks for the update.
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

you are welcome

Comment

NBBF in London for talk with prospective sponsor

In its bid to better Nigeria basketball the Nigeria Basketball Federation, NBBF will Monday hold an important talk with a would-be sponsor in London.

The NBBF was invited to the One-Day exploratory meeting with the potential investors in Nigerian Basketball. The meeting which is being organized by MD Sports Management is sceduled to hold between 11.00am and 3.00pm at the Air France Conference Centre, World Cargo Centre, Bidg 558, Shoreham Road, Heathrow Airport, TW6 3RN.

The Federation will be represented by its president, Tijjani Umar and a board member Yusuf Tagwai at the all important meeting

Comment

Raptors assign Solomon Alabi to D-League

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have reassigned rookie centre Solomon Alabi (7'1''-C-88, college: Florida St.) to the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. Alabi will continue to be included on the Raptors roster and will be placed on the teams inactive list.

Alabi was with the BayHawks from November 15 December 9. He appeared in seven games with Erie, averaging 8.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 22.7 minutes. He had 12 points and 11 rebounds in the Bayhawks 102-82 victory over the Utah Flash.

Alabi has appeared in five games with the Raptors, totaling five rebounds in 15 minutes.

A native of Nigeria, Alabi, was named All-ACC Defensive Team in his two full seasons at FSU. He started all 67 games, leading the Seminoles to the NCAA Tournament twice and the ACC Tournament Championship Game as a redshirt freshman. He averaged a school record 2.1 blocked shots per game for his career. He also shot .534 per cent from the field in his two-plus seasons with the Seminoles.

The club acquired the draft rights to Alabi from the Dallas Mavericks on June 24. He was the 50th overall selection in the 2010 NBA Draft.

Alabi is the fifth Raptor to be assigned to the D-League. Ed Davis was also assigned to Erie in December. Nathan Jawai was designated on two occasions in the 2008-09 season to the Idaho Stampede. P.J. Tucker was assigned twice to the Colorado 14ers during the 2006-07 season and Pape Sow was assigned to the Arkansas Rimrockers in the 2005-06 campaign.

Erie, which is led by head coach Jay Larranaga, has been appointed as Torontos D-League affiliate for the 2010-11 season.

Courtesy of www.insidehoops.com

Comment

Spurs waive backup F Ime Udoka

The San Antonio Spurs have waived backup swingman Ime Udoka (6'5''-F/G-77, agency: Priority Sports, college: Portland St.).

The Spurs made the announcement Wednesday. Udoka played sparingly in 20 games after being signed in November and logged just 3 minutes in Tuesdays loss at New York.

It was Udokas second stint with the Spurs after spending two seasons in San Antonio following the teams last championship in 2007.

The Spurs roster stands at 12. Rookie swingman James Anderson is expected back soon after missing the last two months with a stress fracture in his foot.

The NBA-best Spurs play Boston on Wednesday.

Courtesy of Yahoo

Comment

[ITW] - Ben Uzoh : "I want to represent my country"

In London with his team (the New Jersey Nets ), Ben Uzoh accepted to answer some of our questions for Fiba Africa.

Are you satisfied with your season?
                            I'm pleased but not satisfied. You know I think we have a lot of growing to do as a team. We got some new pieces, who are getting acclimated, trusting each others and learning the system. We've done better than last year but I'm not satisfied.

What's the life in NBA as a rookie?
                            As a rookie, it's tough; it's a lot of up and downs. You keep working you're trying to be the best professional you can be.

What should you work in your game?
                            Yeah I have a lot of work to do in my game! My jump shoot, my feel for the game … I just have to play.

Deron Williams is a model for you?
                            Yeah, he's a mentor you know. I can learn a lot from him and I'm looking to do that.

What's the key for the game tonight? (Saturday’s game)
                            The key is to have a lot of energy, put some easy baskets, and you know we'll be alright.

Do you plan to play in Afrobasket in August?
                            Yeah I have to see if I can do it. But I want to represent the country, my family, and my last name so I'm definitively working on that.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

[ITW] - Solomon Alabi : ''Olajuwon was my model''

Drafted last year by the Raptors, Salomon Alabi didn't play in London with his franchise . He accepted to answer some questions for Fiba Africa .

You didn't play those 2 games in London . Why ?
                              It's a coach's decision .

You have 2 losses In London …
                              Yeah, we didn't make shoots, it's tough you know . We have to come back and try to fix it up and have to win the next game .

Are you satisfied with your season ?
                              No, I'm not satisfied. I mean, I wish that I have played more . We got some guys who were hurt you know and I just have to keep my head up and keep working hard for playing time.

What kind of things you have to work in your game ?
                              I feel that I have to work on everything you know. I'm not satisfied where I am right now. I have to work on my defensive game, shoot block, rebounding … All that stuff .

Who's your model in NBA right now ?
                              I don't really know . There's a lot of hard workers and I just want to be better than them. So I don't have an NBA model right now because I want to be a great nba player . I think that Hakeem Olajuwon was a nice NBA player .

Bargnani is your model in your team ?
                              Yes he's a hard working guy . I try to face him and challenge him every day and I think that it's a good thing for me .

Finally, are you working out with Alexis Ajinca the back up center ?
                              Yeah I worked with him every day . We go on each other every day.

Do you think you can be a good center back up ?
                              Sure, that's my goal .

You'll play with the national team in August ?
                              Yes, I hope to play with them this summer.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

If Nigeria coiled add Diougu, Al Farouk Aminu, Gani Lawal to their team, they'd be very good.
                                Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information