Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slovenian NT for Eurobasket 2009 (Poland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovenian NT for Eurobasket 2009 (Poland)

Coach Jure Zdovc just announced the list of 24 players:

Sani Bečirovič (Lottomatica Roma)
    Goran Dragić (Phoenix Suns)
    Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm Vršac)
    Jaka Klobučar (Union Olimpija)
    Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
    Domen Lorbek (Benetton)
    Sašo Ožbolt (Union Olimpija)
    Beno Udrih (Sacramento Kings)
    Samo Udrih (Estudiantes Madrid)
    Sašo Vujačič (Los Angeles Lakers)
    Goran Jagodnik (Nymburg)
    Marko Maravič (Union Olimpija)
    Boštjan Nachbar (Dinamo Moskva)
    Emir Preldžić* (Fenerbahče Ülker)
    Mirza Begić* (Union Olimpija)
    Primož Brezec (Lottomatica Roma)
    Jurica Golemac* (Lottomatica Roma)
    Matej Krušič (Helios Domžale)
    Erazem Lorbek (CSKA Moskva)
    Uroš Slokar (GMAC Bologna)
    Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA Moskva)
    Gašper Vidmar (Fenerbahče Ülker)
    Marko Tušek (Avelino)
    Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)

* naturalized

I am surprised there is no Aleksandar Ćapin*, he should be at least on the list of 24 players. He was always there for the national team, even if he is not Slovenian.

Zdovc already named Matjaž Smodiš as captain of the team.

Next week first 8 candidats will be cut, a list of 16 players will be invited to the preperation camp.

I'm kind of worried, because we have only 4/5 players, who are actually good defenders. But I liked how Olimpija played in defence in last games. So I hope Zdovc will try to play the same stile in NT (with more offensive talent ofcourse).
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Sani Bečirovič (Lottomatica Roma)
      Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm Vršac)
      Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)

Emir Preldžić* (Fenerbahče Ülker)
      Mirza Begić* (Union Olimpija)

These are the players i wouldn't cut yet.
      And this would be my 12:
      PG: B.Udrih, Dragič, Lakovič
      SG: Bečirovič, Vujačič, Ožbolt
      SF: Nachbar, Preldžić
      PF: Smodiš, Slokar
      C: Lorbek, Brezec

If Vujačič/Bečuirovič played alongside Lakovič, i would move Lakovicč to the SG and Sani or Vujačič to the PG spot. Also Vujačič could play SF for a few minutes especially if Preldžić decides he will play for Bosna if that happens i would call Klobučar or Vidmar to the team.

All in all it is really tough to decide who i would choose for the 12 i mean Joksimovič would also deserve to be there Begić would be nice to have however he doesn't play so well in limited minutes, Maravič is not bad, Jagodnik could still contribute a bit etc. etc.
      My homage to The heroes:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

As much as i know, Bečirović decided that he won't play (of course he didn't said it publicly) because of his knees and minor injuries during the season. But since Lottomatica was relegated in quarterfinals already, maybe he'll change his thoughts. However, guard position is strong enough, so i wouldn't really miss him.

And i think it's already decided who'll be on 16 players list - players whom KZS visited during last months. That means that Tušek, Zupan, Golemac, Krušič, Maravič, Jagodnik, Klobučar are out and probably Ožbolt who said he'll play only in case there won't be enough players in his position what i strongly doubt.

Comment

I don't think Preldzic have right to play for BiH becase he alredy played for Slovina?
          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
            I don't think Preldzic have right to play for BiH becase he alredy played for Slovina?
            If Slovenian basketball federation agrees to let him play for BiH he can play without any problems. It's on him to decide for which team he is going to play.

Comment

Zdovc still didn't announced his assistants. I think Mahorič (or it was Filipovski?) said that he doesn't want to be a side-kick, Martič will have to take care of Olimpija, i don't believe Pipan would be assistant and so not Sagadin (lol). So i'm really curious who will that be. Okorn?

Comment

Slovenia has a great roster and Zdovc has many options for his final team. The Slovenian team is maybe the only NT that won't have any absences at this Eurobasket. It's the first time that all these great players will play together for the NT and i believe that Slovenia has the talent to achieve great things this year.

Comment

Sani Bečirovič (Lottomatica Roma) announced that he will know if he will be able to play for NT in two weeks when he talks everything through with his doctors. He said he is having some problems with his knees again and that a small surgery might be needed to fix the problems. He will play for NT only if there will be no surgery needed and if he gets the special practice programm from the coach of Slovenian NT Jure Zdovc. Coach already said that he understands him, so probably if there will be no surgery needed, Sani will play for NT but practice via special programm.

Comment

Originally posted by sixama23 View Post
                    Slovenia has a great roster and Zdovc has many options for his final team. The Slovenian team is maybe the only NT that won't have any absences at this Eurobasket. It's the first time that all these great players will play together for the NT and i believe that Slovenia has the talent to achieve great things this year.
                    Totally agree with you. I believe this team will be very successful in this tournament. And Emir Preldzic... One of the young talents in Europe who grows up slowly but successfully. Within 2 years waiting so much from this boy.

Comment

Young Greek coach Stefanos Dedas (I heard a lot of good things from my Greek friends about him, so I like this move) and Slovenian Miro Alilovič (headcoach Geoplin Slovan) will be Zdovc's assistants in the NT.

Zdovc is also talking to Tomo Mahorič to become his first assistant (with Alilovič being his second assistant and Dedas his third - scouting).

Comment

Slovenia's first cut, Zdovc decided to leave at home Bečirovič who is out due to knee problems (mutual decision with coach), besides him he also left at home: Marko Tušek, Matej Krušič, Nebojša Joksimovič, Marko Maravič and Jurica Golemac.

Guards
                        Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
                        Domen Lorbek (Benetton)
                        Samo Udrih (Estudiantes Madrid)

Forwards
                        Goran Jagodnik (Nymburg)
                        Emir Preldžić (Fenerbahče Ülker)

Centers

Reserves:
                        Mirza Begić (Union Olimpija)
                        Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)

Comment

The most important decision, with Bečirovič being out, is who to take to backup Vujačič (he will be our main SG). Klobučar, S. Udrih or D. Lorbek? They are on same level in my opinion. I'd pick Klobučar, he can play the best defense out of those three.

Comment

I would go with Domen Lorbek. He is more experienced and had a better season than Klobucar.
                            My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

udrih, lakovic, dragic, vujacic, d. lorbek, nahbar, preldzic, smodis, slokar, e. lorbek, brezec, vidmar...this would be my 12. if zdovc develops good team chemisry and good team game you shuld win gold this summer
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information