Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper View Post
    ....Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming...in football perhaps

but i agree, if there's an asian team that can upend a full-strength chinese team (wth yao, yi and wang)..it's going to be the iranians. they have the size and speed to match up with the great wall. but skills-wise not on the same level though.

Iran must play perfect basketball to achieve this. better said than done IMHO
    LAST 3 games between CHINA and LEBANON
    -----------------------------------------------
    fiba asia 2005 second round china 87-73 lebanon
    CHINA FULL TEAM

fiba asia 2005 FINAL china 77-61 lebanon ...we were down by 4 before 5 minutes of the end of the game then 2 of our best players got fouled out...
    CHINA FULL TEAM 5 players or 6 played the 40 minutes

asian games in doha 2006
    china 75-73 lebanon
    china only without yao...lebanon only without fadi elkhatib(although lebanon were out by first round)

so i think u have your answer of who is closer to china:P::P
    History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
      LAST 3 games between CHINA and LEBANON
      -----------------------------------------------
      fiba asia 2005 second round china 87-73 lebanon
      CHINA FULL TEAM

fiba asia 2005 FINAL china 77-61 lebanon ...we were down by 4 before 5 minutes of the end of the game then 2 of our best players got fouled out...
      CHINA FULL TEAM 5 players or 6 played the 40 minutes

asian games in doha 2006
      china 75-73 lebanon
      china only without yao...lebanon only without fadi elkhatib(although lebanon were out by first round)

so i think u have your answer of who is closer to china:P::P
      75-73 that game is a shame for China, as China had advanced to the next round ,the players seemed to relaxed too much....
      And in my eyes the most close game between China and Lebanon was in 2001...I still remember this game because this http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/2001-...425_072403.jpg

Comment

Iran could surprise China in a not very good day, but out of 10 games Iran would probably win just one or two. Their level is very good and rising, but China still has a edge. I'm sure Mashhoon meant that in the correct translation
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
          75-73 that game is a shame for China, as China had advanced to the next round ,the players seemed to relaxed too much....
          And in my eyes the most close game between China and Lebanon was in 2001...I still remember this game because this http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/2001-...425_072403.jpg
          yes the game ended by 11 pts after it was close by 2 points
          i remember that li nan started it :d...hehe even yao ming participated in the clashes. Do u have more photos???

remember also in 2005 when yao started bleeding bcz of fadi el khatib...he went and told the lebanese coach after the game "i will dream tonight that i will be killing ur number 15" hehehe
          History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
            what ?
            it is more than an exaggeration

1-crow 40-crows type ! (an Iranian phrase)

Mr. Mashhoun actually admired Yao in original persian article (this part didn't translate to english !) he said Yao absence increase our chance but we are able to beat China even with Yao.

PS: Iranian capital is Tehran , not Tehram
            1 good info for everyone even if China are Yao-less they still have Yi Jianlian who is maybe the 2nd best player in Asia after Yao giving up a great performance in the NBA and with the Chinese NT also, they have Sun Yue a PG who is playing with the Lakers( Phil jackson says he can get really better in a couple of years) and he is practicing with the best coach and some of the best players in the world. and we all know the rest of the team so please we can't underestimate them and yea Lebanon is always closer to win China since their games with them have been closer and since they have a really better team this year..... so only time can show who's right and who's not

Comment

Yeah the 2001 game imo started the China-Lebanon bball rivalry cuz since that game the Lebanese team have always played their hearts out whenever they face the Chinese NT.

(Let us hope nothing like that happens this summer cuz that incident was very sad and shamefull)

Comment

Yes I remember very well that game!..one of your player attacked ours with scissors also, and Vogel was hurt on the head!:S
                here's the story:
                http://www.taiwanhoops.com/2001/07/d...-in-china.html
                But even today I don't understand why your players did that since u were winning by 11pts!..:
                so what would have happened if u had lost?
                Anyway I hope nothing will happen in the next China ABC if we win against u or lose by a small margin..
                Last edited by marc333; 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

Originally posted by marc333 View Post
                  Yes I remember very well that game!..one of your player attacked ours with scissors also, and Vogel was hurt on the head!:S
                  here's the story:
                  http://www.taiwanhoops.com/2001/07/d...-in-china.html
                  But even today I don't understand why your players did that since u were winning by 11pts!..:
                  so what would have happened if u had lost?
                  Anyway I hope nothing will happen in the next China ABC if we win against u or lose by a small margin..

I think one reason is that our players didn't expect you to be so strong,because before that we only regarded Korea as threat.

photos:http://photo.sohu.com/85/94/Img163359485.jpg

the fight was started by Zhang Cheng,and except Yao and Wang,all the other Chinese players joined the fight.the most "impressive" guys were Li Nan,Bateer,Liu Yudong,Fan Bin(except Bateer,all are from Ba Yi,a club with military background)

Comment

you gotta be kidding me. what universe that iran beats the hell out of china even with yao around is this? because i tell you, that is not in this universe.
                    in this universe, iran can barely beat the philippine team. and as all filipinos know, china A always beats the crap out of the phil national team.

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                      hehe u guys make me laugh...the last time china met iran the match ended by more than 30 pts and yao barely played....and now u r saying that iran can beat china and with yao...heheh ok
                      exactly what i wanted to say when i saw the thread , well said .. now they think their 2nd best just cuz they beat us in the finals in a very lucky game , atleast its better than when the pinoys thought they were better than the chinese after beating lebanon in a friendly game

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
                        exactly what i wanted to say when i saw the thread , well said .. now they think their 2nd best just cuz they beat us in the finals in a very lucky game , atleast its better than when the pinoys thought they were better than the chinese after beating lebanon in a friendly game
                        there was a time when the filipinos were way better than the chinese in basketball. 5th place in olympics,[Unnecessary: deleted]? 3rd place in world basketball championships? beat that [Unnecessary: deleted]. today, china is alone in the top as far as asian basketball is concerned and placing second is pretty much a combo of luck, good coaching, and support. unfortunately, the philippines lacks all these things. all other things being equal, (good coaching, team support, luck) the philippine all-filipino team playing without naturalized players unlike [Unnecessary: deleted] lebanon will beat the crap out of any team trying to be second place in fiba competitions.
                        yes, lebanon [Unnecessary: deleted]

[As TrueBluePinoy pointed out keep your posts cool and respectful, otherwise you'll get an official warning. rikhardur]
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

:
                          Originally posted by ch3skv143so View Post
                          there was a time when the filipinos were way better than the chinese in basketball. 5th place in olympics, princess? 3rd place in world basketball championships? beat that princess. today, china is alone in the top as far as asian basketball is concerned and placing second is pretty much a combo of luck, good coaching, and support. unfortunately, the philippines lacks all these things. all other things being equal, (good coaching, team support, luck) the philippine all-filipino team playing without naturalized players unlike gay lebanon will beat the crap out of any team trying to be second place in fiba competitions.
                          yes, lebanon is gay. gay as in happy.
                          China (mainland) debuted only in the 1970s and during that time they dominated Asia ever since. The China back then was represented by Formosa (Chinese-Taipei). It's ok for you to boast what our country has accomplished in the past but using rude and offensive words is strictly prohibited in the forum.

Remember you were warned by the mods when you made a rude post before. If I were you I'd be more courteous from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                            :

China (mainland) debuted only in the 1970s and during that time they dominated Asia ever since. The China back then was represented by Formosa (Chinese-Taipei). It's ok for you to boast what our country has accomplished in the past but using rude and offensive words is strictly prohibited in the forum.

Remember you were warned by the mods when you made a rude post before. If I were you I'd be more courteous from now on.
                            ok, thanks for quoting my post! (wink wink)

Comment

SOUTH KOREA: We can beat China with yao ming!

they did. AG 2002

Comment

Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                                SOUTH KOREA: We can beat China with yao ming!

they did. AG 2002
                                yeah,you're right,but the referee....
                                and 3 years later we beat Korea by 44...(that match maybe the only game China played with full effort from start to end in that tournament)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information