Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Mashhoon: Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default Mashhoon: Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming

    TEHRAN - Iran has many capable players who are able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship, President of Iran Basketball Federation Mahmoud Mashhoon said on Monday.

    The 2009 FIBA Asia Championship will be held from August 6 to 16 in Tianjin, China. Meanwhile Yao Ming, the three-time tournament’s MVP, is in doubt for the event due to injury.

    “If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, and we are optimistic about getting good results in the tournament,” Mashhoon said .

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    TEHRAN - Iran has many capable players who are able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship, President of Iran Basketball Federation Mahmoud Mashhoon said on Monday.

    The 2009 FIBA Asia Championship will be held from August 6 to 16 in Tianjin, China. Meanwhile Yao Ming, the three-time tournament’s MVP, is in doubt for the event due to injury.

    “If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, and we are optimistic about getting good results in the tournament,” Mashhoon said .
    I did not see any statement about Iran's capability to beat China Team A even with Yao Ming in the roster or the story was incomplete

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onono1 View Post
    I did not see any statement about Iran's capability to beat China Team A even with Yao Ming in the roster or the story was incomplete
    I just copy the title and the story from the newspaper Tehram Times.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TrueBluePinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,863

    Default

    The only problem is Yao is out with an injury. So it will be hard to say if Mr. Mashoon's statements would become a reality.

  5. #5
    Senior Member raichu08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    602
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    If they had that Greek referee from fiba asia 07, I'll put my money on iran anyday.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    TEHRAN - Iran has many capable players who are able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship, President of Iran Basketball Federation Mahmoud Mashhoon said on Monday.

    The 2009 FIBA Asia Championship will be held from August 6 to 16 in Tianjin, China. Meanwhile Yao Ming, the three-time tournament’s MVP, is in doubt for the event due to injury.

    “If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, and we are optimistic about getting good results in the tournament,” Mashhoon said .
    this is a very bad translation from the original Persian
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...?NewsID=889042

    اما رئیس فدراسیون بسکتبال کشورمان اعتقاد دارد تیم ملی ایران که مسابقات جام ملت*های آسیا و انتخابی جهان (15 تا 25 مردادماه - تیانجین چین) را در پیش رو دارد می‎تواند چینی‎ها را حتی با داشتن یائومینگ از پیش رو بردارد اما به شرطی که ...

    tranlation :
    our president think Iran NT is able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship even with Yao Ming but if ...

    محمود مشحون در گفتگو با خبرنگار مهر اظهار داشت: از کنار توانایی*های بازیکنان ایرانی به راحتی عبور نکنیم. اگر بسکتبال چین به داشتن یائومینگ می*نازد ما به بازیکنان و نه بازیکنی می‎نازیم که هر تیمی آرزوی داشتن آنها را دارد. غیرت و همت این بازیکنان نقطه امید بزرگی برای ماست.

    If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players not a player. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, everyteam wishes to have players like them. their enthusiasm is our biggest hope.

  7. #7
    Senior Member daniab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    I dont know where is the problem if the President of the Iranian Federation is optimistic and proud of his players ? China is not a selection of the top players in the world!!!!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member donmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ōtautahi, Aotearoa
    Posts
    3,450
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu08 View Post
    If they had that Greek referee from fiba asia 07, I'll put my money on iran anyday.

    Agreed


  9. #9
    FB Connect SOLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    613

    Default

    And WE Jordan NT can Beat China , But Without Yao Ming Only hehe
    China is not USA or Spain to be that hard to beat them , we jordanians lead the first quarter with china in asian games 2006 25-21 with full roster and without Yao ,, so it's not that hard .

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    this is a very bad translation from the original Persian
    http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetai...?NewsID=889042

    اما رئیس فدراسیون بسکتبال کشورمان اعتقاد دارد تیم ملی ایران که مسابقات جام ملت*های آسیا و انتخابی جهان (15 تا 25 مردادماه - تیانجین چین) را در پیش رو دارد می‎تواند چینی‎ها را حتی با داشتن یائومینگ از پیش رو بردارد اما به شرطی که ...

    tranlation :
    our president think Iran NT is able to beat China in the FIBA Asia Championship even with Yao Ming but if ...

    محمود مشحون در گفتگو با خبرنگار مهر اظهار داشت: از کنار توانایی*های بازیکنان ایرانی به راحتی عبور نکنیم. اگر بسکتبال چین به داشتن یائومینگ می*نازد ما به بازیکنان و نه بازیکنی می‎نازیم که هر تیمی آرزوی داشتن آنها را دارد. غیرت و همت این بازیکنان نقطه امید بزرگی برای ماست.

    If the Chinese are proud of Yao Ming, we are proud of all our team players not a player. Iranian players are full of enthusiasm, everyteam wishes to have players like them. their enthusiasm is our biggest hope.
    Then I fully understand it.The people who tranlate news to English in Tehram Times should be more careful, as the Chinese title has been exaggerated to this:
    伊朗媒体:姚明实力不足为惧 亚锦赛伊朗必然卫冕

    Iran media:Yao's power is nothing to fear about,Iran will definitely win the Chamionship

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO View Post
    And WE Jordan NT can Beat China , But Without Yao Ming Only hehe
    China is not USA or Spain to be that hard to beat them , we jordanians lead the first quarter with china in asian games 2006 25-21 with full roster and without Yao ,, so it's not that hard .
    no offence,but man,don't take the early result so seriously.
    in 2006 we once lead Greece by 10 in the second quarter.
    in 2008 we level with USA 29-29 with 6 minutes left in the first half.

    Both game wo got blown out by 31 margin in the end.....

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tehran
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    Then I fully understand it.The people who tranlate news to English in Tehram Times should be more careful, as the Chinese title has been exaggerated to this:
    伊朗媒体:姚明实力不足为惧 亚锦赛伊朗必然卫冕

    Iran media:Yao's power is nothing to fear about,Iran will definitely win the Chamionship
    what ?
    it is more than an exaggeration

    1-crow 40-crows type ! (an Iranian phrase)


    Mr. Mashhoun actually admired Yao in original persian article (this part didn't translate to english !) he said Yao absence increase our chance but we are able to beat China even with Yao.

    PS: Iranian capital is Tehran , not Tehram

  13. #13
    BasketballObservor
    Guest

    Default

    That is sad that the title of the article mistranslated what the President of Iran Basketball Federation said to such an extent. In any case, I feel that Iran CAN beat China with or without Yao Ming, and that China CAN beat Iran. This is sports, any team can beat any other team on any given day. But however, we should just wait and see what happens during the FIBA-Asia Championships and not assume anything beforehand.

  14. #14
    Senior Member rtk04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    856

    Default

    hehe u guys make me laugh...the last time china met iran the match ended by more than 30 pts and yao barely played....and now u r saying that iran can beat china and with yao...heheh ok

  15. #15

    Default

    ....Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming...in football perhaps

    but i agree, if there's an asian team that can upend a full-strength chinese team (wth yao, yi and wang)..it's going to be the iranians. they have the size and speed to match up with the great wall. but skills-wise not on the same level though.

    Iran must play perfect basketball to achieve this. better said than done IMHO
    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->


  16. #16
    Senior Member rtk04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJordanStopper View Post
    ....Iran will defeat China even with Yao Ming...in football perhaps

    but i agree, if there's an asian team that can upend a full-strength chinese team (wth yao, yi and wang)..it's going to be the iranians. they have the size and speed to match up with the great wall. but skills-wise not on the same level though.

    Iran must play perfect basketball to achieve this. better said than done IMHO
    LAST 3 games between CHINA and LEBANON
    -----------------------------------------------
    fiba asia 2005 second round china 87-73 lebanon
    CHINA FULL TEAM

    fiba asia 2005 FINAL china 77-61 lebanon ...we were down by 4 before 5 minutes of the end of the game then 2 of our best players got fouled out...
    CHINA FULL TEAM 5 players or 6 played the 40 minutes

    asian games in doha 2006
    china 75-73 lebanon
    china only without yao...lebanon only without fadi elkhatib(although lebanon were out by first round)

    so i think u have your answer of who is closer to china:P::P

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtk04 View Post
    LAST 3 games between CHINA and LEBANON
    -----------------------------------------------
    fiba asia 2005 second round china 87-73 lebanon
    CHINA FULL TEAM

    fiba asia 2005 FINAL china 77-61 lebanon ...we were down by 4 before 5 minutes of the end of the game then 2 of our best players got fouled out...
    CHINA FULL TEAM 5 players or 6 played the 40 minutes

    asian games in doha 2006
    china 75-73 lebanon
    china only without yao...lebanon only without fadi elkhatib(although lebanon were out by first round)

    so i think u have your answer of who is closer to china:P::P
    75-73 that game is a shame for China, as China had advanced to the next round ,the players seemed to relaxed too much....
    And in my eyes the most close game between China and Lebanon was in 2001...I still remember this game because this http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/2001-...425_072403.jpg

  18. #18
    Administrator rikhardur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21,175
    Country: Portugal

    Default

    Iran could surprise China in a not very good day, but out of 10 games Iran would probably win just one or two. Their level is very good and rising, but China still has a edge. I'm sure Mashhoon meant that in the correct translation
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

  19. #19
    Senior Member rtk04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlacKOEIsle View Post
    75-73 that game is a shame for China, as China had advanced to the next round ,the players seemed to relaxed too much....
    And in my eyes the most close game between China and Lebanon was in 2001...I still remember this game because this http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/2001-...425_072403.jpg
    yes the game ended by 11 pts after it was close by 2 points
    i remember that li nan started it :d...hehe even yao ming participated in the clashes. Do u have more photos???

    remember also in 2005 when yao started bleeding bcz of fadi el khatib...he went and told the lebanese coach after the game "i will dream tonight that i will be killing ur number 15" hehehe

  20. #20
    Senior Member kerdito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    what ?
    it is more than an exaggeration

    1-crow 40-crows type ! (an Iranian phrase)


    Mr. Mashhoun actually admired Yao in original persian article (this part didn't translate to english !) he said Yao absence increase our chance but we are able to beat China even with Yao.

    PS: Iranian capital is Tehran , not Tehram
    1 good info for everyone even if China are Yao-less they still have Yi Jianlian who is maybe the 2nd best player in Asia after Yao giving up a great performance in the NBA and with the Chinese NT also, they have Sun Yue a PG who is playing with the Lakers( Phil jackson says he can get really better in a couple of years) and he is practicing with the best coach and some of the best players in the world. and we all know the rest of the team so please we can't underestimate them and yea Lebanon is always closer to win China since their games with them have been closer and since they have a really better team this year..... so only time can show who's right and who's not

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •