Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NT's besides your own you're rooting for in '09

Default NT's besides your own you're rooting for in '09

With the US effectively taking the year off, I can't help but look at some of the National teams I'll be pulling for in the upcoming tournaments this summer.

In Europe I like team Great Britain.
    I started following them once it I realized they would get an automatic bid for 2012. At first I thought it was funny, then found boards with people seriously trying to push the sport in the country, the fact that several NBA players have signed on make them more of a realistic threat. I know a lot of people online from the UK and I'd love to see the sport gain ground their before 2012. They're not going to win Eurobasket, but a top 8 isn't out of the question and with FIBA's wild card that might be enough to make into the World Championships.

In Asia I like the Philippines
    A general rule I have about events that I don't have a direct stake in, when in doubt go with the rabid fan base. The fans of the Philippines seem to dwarf every other national team on this board, and haven't been to a world championships or olympics since 1978?! That seems criminal, from what I've seen from the Asian national teams they won't be favored to come in third this tournament, but I can't help rooting for the underdog on this one.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Aside from the Philippines... I'm supporting Team USA of course... the New Zealand Tall Blacks and Lebanon...

America:Agentina
    Europe:Spain
    Asia:China,Lebanon,Phillipine(the 3 countries who favor basketball most)

Americas: URUGUAY!!!!
    Asia: PHILIPPINES!!! (my beloved motherland)
    Oceania: if I can't support my own country thus I've got to support my cousins across the Tasman
    Europe: hmmmmm... I used to be a fan of the German team because I used to be a fan of the German Bomber (especially after his AWESOME performance in the EuroBasket 2007 Tournament) ... well, I'll say Germany
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    With the US effectively taking the year off, I can't help but look at some of the National teams I'll be pulling for in the upcoming tournaments this summer.

In Europe I like team Great Britain.
    I started following them once it I realized they would get an automatic bid for 2012. At first I thought it was funny, then found boards with people seriously trying to push the sport in the country, the fact that several NBA players have signed on make them more of a realistic threat. I know a lot of people online from the UK and I'd love to see the sport gain ground their before 2012. They're not going to win Eurobasket, but a top 8 isn't out of the question and with FIBA's wild card that might be enough to make into the World Championships.

In Asia I like the Philippines
    A general rule I have about events that I don't have a direct stake in, when in doubt go with the rabid fan base. The fans of the Philippines seem to dwarf every other national team on this board, and haven't been to a world championships or Olympics since 1978?! That seems criminal, from what I've seen from the Asian national teams they won't be favored to come in third this tournament, but I can't help rooting for the underdog on this one.
    Am with you Dtown, after Greece this summer I support the GB team. They are trying hard to push bb in a nation that football is the only sport that counts...all the rest are sports just for the TV and Olympics....Even cricket and rugby that have some support are nothing in comparison with FB, let alone bb! Its a shame because GB had a very poor draw for the Euro this summer. Even one win in their group that would bring them into the 3rd place and to the next stage is highly unlikely. I do hope for a small miracle so the British media may be forced to pay some attention to their national bb team.

Quote Originally Posted by g.g View Post
    Am with you Dtown, after Greece this summer I support the GB team. They are trying hard to push bb in a nation that football is the only sport that counts...all the rest are sports just for the TV and Olympics....Even cricket and rugby that have some support are nothing in comparison with FB, let alone bb! Its a shame because GB had a very poor draw for the Euro this summer. Even one win in their group that would bring them into the 3rd place and to the next stage is highly unlikely. I do hope for a small miracle so the British media may be forced to pay some attention to their national bb team.
    I agree, after Football, the second most popular sports is probably rugby union and some of the rugby teams are sharing grounds with the football teams... though, rugby is kinda doing good in Britain as a whole... especially with the increasing arrival of world-class players from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand...

Basketball should be interesting... Loul Deng manage to persuade one of his teammates to naturalized... the BBL was interesting, one of New Zealand's greatest players and former national team captain Pero Cameron played for a couple of teams and won some championships before he left to join the Australian NBL...

i fully support only bosnia, but like to see croatia and serbia do well

Europe: Italy, Serbia, Greece
    Asia: Kazakhstan, Syria
    Last edited by mohsena2631; 05-22-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Asia (Lebanon,Philippines)
    Europe (Germany),with Germany in all the sports
    Africa (Angola)
    America (USA)
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Americas: Uruguay, no doubt
    Africa: Angola, although i'd love to see Cape Verde repeat their 2007 feat
    Asia: Japan.

Europe: besides Lithuania, I'll be cheering for Croatia and Slovenia

Americas: Brazil and Puerto-Rico

Asia: Phillipines and Lebanon

Africa: Angola is my favorite team there, but it mostly bacause I know them best. Still I liked Nigeria in last WC, also Senegal is on my list, sadly Mamadou N'diaye is not gonna play there this year

Americas: No one
    Europe: Slovenia, Latvia. (Ofcourse Nr1. Lithuania)
    Africa: No one
    Asia: No one

Asia (China)
    Europe (Greece)
    Africa (Nigeria, Egypt)
    Americas (USA, Argentina)
    Pacific (New Zealand )

Europ: Lithania, BiH
    America: Argentina
    Asia: never had any clue abot Asian bb but since I joined this forum a become fan of Phillipines
    Africa:no one
    Pacific: Bogut
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Europe: Lithuania
    S.America: Argentina
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Europe: Lithuania, Germany
    Asia: Indonesia (Except when they're battling Philippines),
    Cambodia and Brunei (For having guts to send basketball teams even when they'll get blown by 50-100 points. Extra Props to Cambodia whose half of the team does not wear and cannot afford basketball shoes).

Quote Originally Posted by raichu08 View Post
    Europe: Lithuania, Germany
    Asia: Indonesia (Except when they're battling Philippines),
    Cambodia and Brunei (For having guts to send basketball teams even when they'll get blown by 50-100 points. Extra Props to Cambodia whose half of the team does not wear and cannot afford basketball shoes).
    hehe I like the guts thing hehe cheering for indonesia(because they play small and doing wonders) indonesia style is the traditional rp style of basketball never back down and "diskarte" type of basketball really Boyzie, Bong Ramos, Nat Canson and Joe Lipa do wonders of transferring their technology to indonesia.

Serbia in Europe
    Argentina in America
    Hardly any interest in the other continents
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Americas: Team USA
    Asia: Lebanon (we share the same passion), China (Asian domination), The Southeast asian countries (except Thailand).
    Europe: Great Britain, Lietuva, Hellas, Espanya, Serbia, Croatia.
    Africa: Angola

Lithuania, Greece, Serbia in Europe
    Argentina in South America

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast