No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Biyombo as a strong big man who is a great rebounder but I completely agree with you. He's limited offensively and defensively he just does not have a good feel nor is he fundamentally sound. He's going to leave his feet and get called for fouls. I don't think he'll ever correct that.

That said, Biyombo is probably the physically strongest big man I have seen since Emeka Okafor. I never cease to be impressed at his strength.

Comment

• Anthony Bennett was waived by the Raptors. To think that playing in his country will finally make him productive but such was not the case.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Of course as soon as I say any other point guard should start over him at the ASG, Lowry has a 40 point near triple-double. I think it's about time we start asking whether he and not Chris Paul is now the best point guard in the league.

Comment

• Chris Paul has definitely seen better days. I think a handful of point guards have already surpassed him. To me his legacy will always be stained by the fact that he never led his team to a Conference final appearance. Think about that for a minute. I can't think of any other player in NBA history that is as highly regarded and has had as good a career as Paul and has never led his team past the second round. That will always haunt him and diminish him. Blowing huge playoff series leads to the Spurs in '08 and the Rockets a couple of years ago are definitely on his resume.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
            Chris Paul has definitely seen better days. I think a handful of point guards have already surpassed him. To me his legacy will always be stained by the fact that he never led his team to a Conference final appearance. Think about that for a minute. I can't think of any other player in NBA history that is as highly regarded and has had as good a career as Paul and has never led his team past the second round. That will always haunt him and diminish him. Blowing huge playoff series leads to the Spurs in '08 and the Rockets a couple of years ago are definitely on his resume.
            True, though he has been with two organizations that don't have a clue how to win. I mean New Orleans was a mess, and the Clippers thought they could win a championship with Paul Pierce in the starting lineup and while giving Austin Rivers heavy minutes. I think if he somehow ends up on a team that really values winning more than getting guys like Blake endorsements, he can lead them to a ring.

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors are similar to the 2015 Atlanta Hawks and the 2017 Boston Celtics in that they may finish first in the Eastern Conference yet in my opinion have no shot of going to the Nba Finals.

Comment

The Toronto Raptors are similar to the 2015 Atlanta Hawks and the 2017 Boston Celtics in that they may finish first in the Eastern Conference yet in my opinion have no shot of going to the Nba Finals.
                we'll see about that I guess.
                This current Toronto team though is a completely different animal compared to those two teams, as it probably has the best and most explosive bench in the NBA and all of the starters (minus the rookie OG) can take over any given game if others are struggling for one reason or another. They remind me of 2011 Mavericks much more, who were underdogs all season long up until they "shocked" Heat and the whole world in the finals lol. This teams' achilles heal however is coaching in the crunch time and the tendency of two All Star guards to choke when it really matters - both huge weaknesses in the playoff basketball.

Comment

The Toronto Raptors are similar to the 2015 Atlanta Hawks and the 2017 Boston Celtics in that they may finish first in the Eastern Conference yet in my opinion have no shot of going to the Nba Finals.
                  I agree about the '17 Celtics because they had no big man but those Hawks were legit. I think if DeMarre wasn't playing on a fucked up leg that later required surgery they had a real shot against Cleveland. And if they beat Cleveland, nobody was going to stand in their way of the Finals.

This year though, the East is wide open. Toronto has one of the best backcourts in the game and has finally added the perimeter defense and potential third scorer they've needed this whole time. Plus they've got more size down low and multiple actual shot-blockers.

Every team in the East has built themselves or is in the process of building themselves to beat Cleveland and have a chance against Golden State. Indiana, Miami, Detroit, and Philadelphia (who has no shot thanks to shitty PG play) all have dominant bigs who Cleveland has no shot at neutralizing. Charlotte of course has Dwight. And Milwaukee is a nightmare with their athletes but of course no dominant big right now.

To me, Toronto has as good a shot as anybody.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say the Raptors now have the NBA's best perimeter defense. Not just Kawhi but OG, Danny Green, Malachi Richardson (who could be a strong defender one day), Siakam, CJ Miles, and of course Lowry. And everybody in that list other than Siakam (yet) can score.

When was the last time we could say that about them? They've been one of the softest teams for almost their entire history.

Comment

• How did Kawhi Leonard go to Toronto Raptors

Comment

• Originally posted by gusi View Post
                        How did Kawhi Leonard go to Toronto Raptors
                        https://www.instagram.com/p/BlZx-mtg...n-by=epiphunny
                        Hahaha lol

Comment

• If Kawhi resigns with Toronto it sounds like a one year deal with an opt out. Sounds like winning the title was only scenario in which he would be back and that’s on a one and one deal. Kind of like when you’re playing black jack or gambling you never stop playing unless you eventually lose a hand. If you leave you’ll always have doubts if it would have continued.
                          You’ll never truly know. Now he can prove me wrong if he signs long term with Toronto. I still favor him leaving this summer and probably to the Cluppers.

A lot of things had to break right for them to win the title and he shouldn’t forget that. The Warriors were decimated by injuries in the Finals, they were one shot away from being down 3-0 to the Bucks, and they got a weird bounce in game 7 to beat Philly. Siakam is on the come and they get Anunby back but Gasol and Lowry are older and it looks more and more like a magical one year run than anything sustainable. Championship teams like the Raptors usually don’t repeat. It takes great teams like Warriors, Heat, and Lakers of the past 10 years.
                          Last edited by usagre; 06-26-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Marc Gasol opts in. No surprise here. He will be turning 35 in January and nobody was gonna offer him anywhere near the $25+ million he would have left on the table. Neither short term or on any extended deal.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information