X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Yeah, you should try. we feel very sorry for you
    And in 2013, we were up 15 in semifinals vs France, but the Orengaso happened and bye bye finals. We will try this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
      A pitty that game, winning 4 of last 5 Eurobaskets would have been awesome, but well, winning 3 of last 4 isn't bad. We can live with that.
      Really I was wondering, how would you feel following tournament . Mean that to feel same desire , hunger to win the title again, how it was.

Luckily this year we achieved something huge and next year we will be this position for 1st time in our history.

Comment

• Hey,
        I'm Riccardo, from Florence, Italy. I'm 47 years old.

teams that I like most :
        -Reyer Venice
        -Maccabi TLV
        - Utah Jazz
        - Olimpia Legnaia

players I love most:
        - Niccolò Melli
        - Gigi Datome
        - Jeff Viggiano
        - Andrea Dozzani

I like basketball, golf, soccer and volleyball

I manage two basketball blogs: cigarafterten.com (in english) and osservatorio basket (in italian).
        Have a nice day
        cigarafterten.com - italian basketball & other stories

Comment

• I've shared bits of information over the years, but apparently I did not introduce myself here.

So, as you know, according to certain members, I'm a "Fener hater" and "Turkish hater". No attempt to change convictions, here is the actual story.

I was born in 1981 in Adana, and grew up as a Fenerbahce fan. I witnessed Fenerhahce's only title in TBL before the Fener-Ulker era. it was 1991, and I was a passionate Fener fan then. The team with ball-hugger Alico, sharp-shooter Husnu, Larry Richard etc. Then I started to fall in love with Efes, but still a devout Fener supporter, until the university years in late 90s. After a league game between GS and Fener which ended 0-0, on the way back to the dormitory, I fought with one of my best friends over a yellow card that not shown to Kenneth Anderson. I realized I had absolutely no reason to be a fan of FB/GS/BJK etc, it did not make any sense. I started to dislike this establishment of 3-Istanbul clubs, and I still do not like them (yeah, you know that much).

Efes's Korac cup win must be the happiest moment in my sports memory, followed by Ilhan Mansiz's golden goal in 2002 World Cup 1/4 finals. Then GS's UEFA cup win 2000 and Fener's EL title this year were other major happy moments. EuroBasket 2009 in Poland was also cool, we had won all 5 games I had attended. I support all Turkish teams in international tournaments.

I've never played structured bball. I joined teams in university and army tournaments. I played alongside Kerem Gonlum once, but he was on the adjacent court . I played with Ozgur Adiguzel though, the megastar pointguard of Buyuk Kolej in those years. but except for a few lucky games, I was not any good. so I became an engineer. I work abroad since 2008, mostly in Hungary and in Romania.

I joined IBN in 2005, after a fight with batug.com's Besiktas & Bucks admin Alim. My initial nickname was "sariss" for many years.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• It is really strange, I just saw this topic.
            I am not very active member for contribution but i am following the from for 6 years.
            I was born in 1976 in Istanbul, I am Fenerbahce fan. I am leaving in Baku for 3 years. I like basketball and football, and I support Turkish teams (including Galatasaray of course)

Comment

• Originally posted by cigarafterten View Post
              players I love most:
              - Niccolò Melli
              - Gigi Datome

I like basketball, golf, soccer and volleyball

I manage two basketball blogs: cigarafterten.com (in english) and osservatorio basket (in italian).
              Have a nice day
              Welcome
              Seems that you should watch Fener games during the next season

Comment

I witnessed Fenerhahce's only title in TBL before the Fener-Ulker era. it was 1991, and I was a passionate Fener fan then. The team with ball-hugger Alico, sharp-shooter Husnu, Larry Richard etc. Then I started to fall in love with Efes, but still a devout Fener supporter, until the university years in late 90s.
                I had heard many things about this Larry Richard guy. He had been the phenomenon of Turkish Basketball History. Efes was great that 90's era but legendary triple Henry Turner, Dallas Comegys and İbrahim Kutluay was also memorable in that years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fidel View Post
                  I had heard many things about this Larry Richard guy. He had been the phenomenon of Turkish Basketball History. Efes was great that 90's era but legendary triple Henry Turner, Dallas Comegys and İbrahim Kutluay was also memorable in that years.
                  yep. i invite you to relevant topics where we had mentioned these players:

- best turkish players ever.
                  - best foreign players to have played in turkey
                  - significant foreign players that started their careers in Turkey

there are many other threads if you dig deep enough in Turkish bball sub-forum ;-)

Comment

yep. i invite you to relevant topics where we had mentioned these players:

- best turkish players ever.
                    - best foreign players to have played in turkey
                    - significant foreign players that started their careers in Turkey

there are many other threads if you dig deep enough in Turkish bball sub-forum ;-)
                    Thanks start to digging it up

Comment

• Well i have just noticed this thread and guess can briefly introduce myself. I was born in 1981 Morfou Cyprus and moved in Istanbul when i was 9 years old. Lived in some different countries so far for school or work. ( 6 Years in California, 1 year in Bangkok and moving to China at the moment) I was always passionate about basketball since i was a kid. Grew up watching Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and the rest of the first dream team squad. It was so hard to get news from the NBA back in those days and I was trying hard to get some news by reading the Turkish magazine called Fast Break and watching the NbA News on Sunday from the Turkish National TV presented by Murat Murathanoglu. The first basketball game i attended was in 1989, the exhibition game of Harlem for the first opening night of Abdi Ipekci. The first official game i watched was in 1994 Fenerbahce vs Bakirkoy. Fenerbahce had a strong squad back then with Harun Erdenay, Levent Topsakal, Omer Buyukaycan, Kenny Miller, Conrad Mcrea and Husnu Cakirgil, but we hadn't manage to beat Efes having his Golden era with Naumoski, Ufuk Sarica and Larry Richard. I have been also lucky to have had the opportunity to attend many NBA Games in Usa ( Mainly L.a since i was living there) and see Kobe, Lebron, Garnett and Duncan live...
                      Last edited by Drexler; 10-24-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Hi All

I've been reading since long time (maybe 2 years) this forum and decided to join now. Main reason to join now is to protest double standart of naming Fenerbahce with Doğuş but other clubs as orginal names. Anyway something start to write is also another reason.

I was born in Turkey, but lived many years in Russia. Now i am in Istanbul...

I am Fenerbahçe fan but also have sympathy to following clubs;

Olympiacos (respect to understanding of basketball philosophy)
                        Bamberg (lovely city, funny atmosphere of gym)
                        Anadolu Efes (maybe because of beer)

Mostly I support Fenerbahce in the gym and sometimes i go to another cities for away games.

Thats all. Regards to everyone.

Comment

• hey sup

Comment

• I posted a few messages here before introducing myself:
                            33 year old, ex-basketball amateur player.

I was a 5'7 (170cm) CENTER in my high school team.
                            I was a little overweight and even though there were centers around 195, I could easily box them out, because they were lanky teens with no passion
                            Also, if I could touch the ball, I was usually able to grab it off their hands.
                            Later, they filled up and learned where to wait for the ball. So, I had to keep my basketball interests to watching only.

To me the best years of the NBA were 2002, 3 and 4. I stopped watching the NBA after that.

Teams:
                            Maccabi

Players:
                            Latrell Spreewell
                            Shaquille O'Neal (fellow power play center )
                            David Bluthental
                            Doron Perkins
                            Scottie Willbekin

Game:
                            8-Apr-2004 - "The Zalgiris Miracle"
                            *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
                            Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

• Originally posted by DraxDomax View Post
                              I was a 5'7 (170cm) CENTER in my high school team.
                              I was a little overweight and even though there were centers around 195, I could easily box them out, because they were lanky teens with no passion
                              Welcome, DraxDomax!

I'm surprised Charles Barkley is not among your favorite players .

Comment

Welcome, DraxDomax!

I'm surprised Charles Barkley is not among your favorite players .
                                Actually, at the time, in our childish fantasies, I was role-playing Malik Rose.
                                Especially when Duncan and Robinson were injured, our team's starting front line coincidentally also had to miss games due to academical duties and I got tons of minutes doing things I shouldn't have been expected to do.

My last game, the opposing coach figured me out: he didn't put a front court player on me but a skinny 181cm guy...
                                I would create contact and proceed to a layup as usual but he was so light, he would recover from the contact faster than I could release the ball.
                                Got blocked 4 possessions in a row.
                                His skinny long arms are still in my nightmares
                                *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
                                Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information