Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I am 37 year old greek born in Düsseldorf and raised in Hamburg. I registered here before but forgot my login data.

I was fascinated by basketball after seeing the U 19 World Championship 1995. I played for a short time in a club, but since I already did badminton twice a week and played tennis once a week, it was a third Sport in a club, so too much. In addition, streetball was the most fun for me, 3 against 3 also did some tournaments with registration fee in Hamburg for fun.

We played all weekends, at night, in the rain, even in winter with snow. Having the good old ghetto blaster with the sounds of Wutang, Cypress Hill, DMX etc. it was a lifestyle.
    Greek basketball particularly impressed me after a year in the club, I once again played in Greece Epirus in a mountain village on summer vacation in Greece (no joke: vultures and eagles flew over our court and there were regular snakes and turtles on the court).
    I thought I would going to beat them 1 on 1 because I trained in the club, but the most impressive I could offer was my brand new Jordan 12 boots in red-black �� But I was impressed by their talent and the level of technical skill that the children and young people played there. That's why I like also Yugo Players.

My all-time favorite player: Bodigora
    What shaped me from overseas: Allen Iverson
    I am proud of: many Greek players, the double from Olympiakos, victory against the US All Star Team at the World Cup and a total of 7 Euroleague Cups in the Athens metropolitan area.
    Favorite teams: Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, CSKA Moscow
    European basketball had always priority for me instead of NBA, so I was pretty much alone under my german colleagues, because at this time everyone in the club and outside only talked about the NBA.
    At some point a player from the german second league 2,03m came to play a little streetball in the summer and he then confirmed what I was trying to convey to my colleagues. There are european teams playing very good basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
      We played all weekends, at night, in the rain, even in winter with snow
      This ^^ <3<3<3

I remember house parties - we go, buy lots of food, play Bball, eat food, drink and talk crap for hours, then play BBall again, into the night, when they close the lights, we still hustling like it's EL finals

Why does childhood has to stop?!
      *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
      Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

• Originally posted by DraxDomax View Post
        Actually, at the time, in our childish fantasies, I was role-playing Malik Rose.
        Especially when Duncan and Robinson were injured, our team's starting front line coincidentally also had to miss games due to academical duties and I got tons of minutes doing things I shouldn't have been expected to do.

My last game, the opposing coach figured me out: he didn't put a front court player on me but a skinny 181cm guy...
        I would create contact and proceed to a layup as usual but he was so light, he would recover from the contact faster than I could release the ball.
        Got blocked 4 possessions in a row.
        His skinny long arms are still in my nightmares
        Malik Rose... Sean Elliot, Mario Ellie...now these are good memories for me, too, while we used to stay up all night to watch the NBA games in the canteen of our dormitory. The intros and promos are playing in my mind right now...
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          Malik Rose... Sean Elliot, Mario Ellie...now these are good memories for me, too, while we used to stay up all night to watch the NBA games in the canteen of our dormitory. The intros and promos are playing in my mind right now...
          I am just going to put that here:

Comment

• Originally posted by DraxDomax View Post

Game:
            8-Apr-2004 - "The Zalgiris Miracle"
            You started on the wrong note here, man

Welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              You started on the wrong note here, man

Welcome
              More of "us" here :P

Comment

• Been here a couple years...I'm sure most if you will recognize me from the game threads.....I guess i should introduce myself properly......

My name is Ric....I'm from Ontario Canada...Grew up playing minor hockey which is obviously the number one sport here......

Came across European basketball almost by accident.......My cousin had always been a sports bettor....I wnted to get involved with it a bit myself and randomly came across a site that streamed the European basketball games........I got hooked real quick....Just love how it's about the teams in Europe and not the superstar culture the NBA has......Was always bored with the NBA anyway.....Not to mention the atmosphere and intensity from the fans in Europe is amazing.....Just an amazing environment........So i do bet a little but really love the games regardless........

Anyway guys it's been a fun couple years....Look forward to many more......Would be cool to hook up with some of you guys on facebook too........Would be awesome to have some facebook friends outside of North America.......Anybody that's interested in doing that just let me know.....

Comment

• Hi,
                  I am martin the sports blogger and an engineer.
                  Anyone else here is related to blogging or digital marketing to share ideas and discuss problem

Comment

• Strange things happen here, I hope the admin will control.

Isn't there a thread for the presentations?

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information