No announcement yet.

Israeli National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting, I always find it amazing how little people really comprehend (ie: truly listen) to other people when talking. Yet, it is even more amusing when it is written down (or typed) and people still take what they want out of it instead of what was actually typed:

It started with this:

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
    Do you reckon that Mario Matalon will be veer good enough for Israel NT?
    Then followed by:

Originally posted by Iverson.A
    Who's Mario Matalon? and what his connection to Israel?
    Then, since no one else answered, I added:

Originally posted by Czarkazem13
    Well there's Marios Matalon, but he's Greek.
    My mistake, 'cause then I was the moron:

Originally posted by ArnoldPettybone
    You kidding me??? every simpleton who knows the surname known the man's religion is...
    Yes, I'm the simpleton. I never stated anything about him being Jewish or not, just stated that he's Greek. Now, even though I am right, I'm the simpleton because of people's lack of comprehension skills.

So I anwered:

Sirname would imply ethnicity not religion. If a Jew changes his religion, his name wouldn't.

With that said, we were talking nationality, which being Jewish is not. From what I understand he is Greek and has played for junior teams. Hence, not Israeli.
    Now, I hoped this would clear up the confusion (from lack of comprehension), but:

Originally posted by ArnoldPettybone
    After saying that, Are you familiar with the Law of return? Because all the the above makes me wonder.
    Wonder what?

Now if he's played for the Greek junior national teams - unless the rules were changed and people can switch national teams - how does this in ANY way effect the Israeli National Team?

I guess this whole thing makes us both wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M
      Lior Eliyahu desiced not to play in the NT, due to his awfull relationship with Tzvi Sherf.
      That really sucks!

Originally posted by goga78
      Reall weird! Why isn't Markovich on board? As if Israel would have lots of big men... Roberts was a very effective player and a great fighter. Why wasn't he invited to camp?
      Eliyahu decides not to play because of the coach? On the one hand it is understandable, on the other hand it is stupid gambling. Sherf's teams show results and as long as it goes that way, he won't get dismissed. Plus, Eliyahu is one of Israel's brightest talents and the team needs him. Put your ego aside and play. After all, if the coach treats you unfairly, you can go public with this matter. Some years ago, Shelf and Lubin were dropped from the NT because of criticising their coach. This move caused a lot of uproar. I'm sure, there would be the same thing with Lior suddenly not being nominated. The NT needs him.
      Agreed.

Comment

And now Hajaj also refuses to participate due to "personal reasons", but it's clear that this decision was taken due to his clashes with Sherf in the last NT campain. This is becoming an epidemic.

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Originally posted by Digdis
          And now Hajaj also refuses to participate due to "personal reasons", but it's clear that this decision was taken due to his clashes with Sherf in the last NT campain. This is becoming an epidemic.
          Damn, another one. If only Israel let David Blatt be the coach instead of that stupid rule about the classes (which he taught?) he didn't take or something...I forgot the whole story.

Another note...it's interesting, Mizrachi, Sasson and Mozinson weren't invited?

Comment

Now if he's played for the Greek junior national teams - unless the rules were changed and people can switch national teams - how does this in ANY way effect the Israeli National Team?

I guess this whole thing makes us both wonder...
            Sorry, I missed the whole "Played for the Greek junior NTs before" part.

Comment

Mosinzon is too old and maybe for the league it's enough.. but for europe's big players.. he will.........SQUASHED.. like a bug,
              Shason has his personal things,
              and Mizrahi? I have no idea.

Comment

Mosinzon is too old and maybe for the league it's enough.. but for europe's big players.. he will.........SQUASHED.. like a bug,
                Shason has his personal things,
                and Mizrahi? I have no idea.
                I was surprised with Sharon, but don't know his issues.

As far as Mosinzon, isn't he younger then Tapiro??? Though with that said, Tapiro has had a much more distinguished career.

And, I really didn't see much of Mizrachi this season, so I don't really know how he did.

No Hajaj, no Eliyahu. WTF?!

Comment

Zvika Sherf's hopes of marching Israel directly into next summer's EuroBasket in Poland suffered a hit this week.

On Tuesday, the national team coach announced the 17 players he wanted at the final training camp that's scheduled to tip off on July 23, yet it's uncertain if two of the invitees - Dror Hagag and Lior Eliyahu - will show up.

So what's the problem with the 22-year-old Eliyahu, whose NBA draft rights are held by the Houston Rockets?

The 2.07 Eliyahu and Sherf spent the last year together at Maccabi Tel Aviv and had an unhappy relationship.

The veteran coach clashed with the talented forward several times and often used him on the court only if he had no other option, and sometimes not even then.

That very scenario, in fact, had existed at last summer's EuroBasket in Spain with the national team.

As a result, it appears Eliyahu has decided not to show up for the national team camp. Although he has not made an official announcement, those are the vibes the player is sending out.

Hagag's situation is different.

The 30-year-old point guard, who only recently signed a two-year deal with Maccabi Tel Aviv where Sherf has been replaced as coach by Effi Birenboim, made his summer plans official.

"I sent a letter to the federation explaining that I won't be able to show up for the camp for personal reasons," Hagag said to the Israeli media.

"It has nothing to do with coach Sherf. I would have announced the same even if there was another coach. I just need to stay in Israel his summer."

Hagag's decision was neither received well by the federation, nor accepted.

"We see a call for the national team the same way as we see a call for the army reserves," said Shai Shani, the new chairman of the federation.

"I can't imagine a situation in which a player was invited but won't show up."

The federation had allowed the initial 32 players named in the preliminary squad to announce until a few days ago if they planned to miss the upcoming campaign.

Several, such as Sharon Shason, Erez Markovic, David Bluthenthal and Jaime Arnold, took the opportunity to do so and thus weren't invited to the final camp where Israel will prepare for qualifying games against Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Czech Republic and Great Britain.

Israel's basketball fans will soon discover how the Hagag and Eliyahu situations are resolved.

Israel squad: Dror Hagag, Lior Eliyahu, Meir Tapiro, Moran Rot, Yogev Okhayon, Yotam Halperin, Tal Burstein, Raviv Limonad, Nitzan Khanokhi, Guy Pnini, Matan Naor, Omri Casspi, Yaniv Green, Ido Kozikaro, Amit Tamir, Chris Watson and Nir Cohen.
                  Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

And now Tal Burstein is also in doubt for the campain after undergoing an appendectomy last night...

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Hi guys, as you can see, I'm from Italy and I know that your NT will play a tournament in Bormio from July 31 to August 2 with our NT, Poland and France. Do you know when will they come there exactly? Thanks!
                      SCHEDULE :
                      July 31:
                      FRANCE - POLAND
                      ITALY - ISRAEL
                      August 1:
                      POLAND - ISRAEL
                      ITALY - FRANCE
                      August 2:
                      ISRAEL - FRANCE
                      ITALY - POLAND
                      Last edited by Hvala Milane; 07-05-2008, 02:27 PM.
                      "It's hard to play against players like Milan Gurovic who is able to change any situation"
                      један је Гуровић Милан!
                      Хвала богу на Дарку и Милану!

Comment

Lior Eliyahu will play, sattled his things with Sherf

Israel is fully loaded, with Limonad,Casspi,Watson,Nir Cohen, and Yogev Ohayon who joined the National, we're fu**in deadly they give so much,
                        I can't see why this time we will need the last chance tournement.

Comment

Lior Eliyahu will play, sattled his things with Sherf

Israel is fully loaded, with Limonad,Casspi,Watson,Nir Cohen, and Yogev Ohayon who joined the National, we're fu**in deadly they give so much,
                          I can't see why this time we will need the last chance tournement.

I can... England and Bosnia...
                          2022/2023:
                          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

why the hell Bosnia is stronger then us?
                            usual Israeli pasymstic,
                            didn't last time we met we beat them in their homecourt and in our court without Limonad,Ohayon..

Comment

why the hell Bosnia is stronger then us?
                              usual Israeli pasymstic,
                              didn't last time we met we beat them in their homecourt and in our court without Limonad,Ohayon..

I'm realistic.
                              And U know what do I think about the Israeli's players.
                              2022/2023:
                              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

The funny thing, is like the journalist Ron Kofman,
                                you say "oh this is a shame, they suck", and after that "yeah, we all knew what they worth and how good they are, as I thought it will be".

comeback after Eurobasket 2009 and we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information