X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iverson.A
    Jeron Roberts [Amsterdam].
    Jaime Arnold [Hapoel Jerusalem]
    Only one naturalized player is allowed. AFAIK it's gonna be Chris Watson.

Lior Elyahu [Maccabi Tel-Aviv]
    Not sure about this one, following the bad blood between him and Sherf. Yet another reason why the NT coach cannot be the coach of an Israeli team (especially one that sends so many players to the NT).

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

we all know what Lior's worth, and how much he can contribute, if Sherf will keep fuck*ng him 'cause of Maccabi, so he shall not be longer the Israeli squad coach.

Lior is just pure talent and he can give so much to the game, I whould like to see him play alot, I DARE SHERF TO FUCK WITH ME.

Comment

Erez Katz and Chris Watson as SFs...LOL
        Some people must get their eyes from the stat sheets and web reports asses and start watching this weird game called basketball...

Comment

we all know what Lior's worth, and how much he can contribute, if Sherf will keep fuck*ng him 'cause of Maccabi, so he shall not be longer the Israeli squad coach.

Lior is just pure talent and he can give so much to the game, I whould like to see him play alot, I DARE SHERF TO FUCK WITH ME.
          Hey you talk like the guy in your avatar.
          But seriously, even Eliyahu was skeptical about his chances to be summoned to the final roster. Maybe it was just an aftershock of his current season in Maccabi.

Comment

So what you want Chris Watson to play? PF/C?
            he's perfect for me as a SF,

So as Erez Katz, Katz doesn't have the shooting for SG or the PG abillity, but he's doing good job in the SF spot, what the hell you want?

Comment

So as Erez Katz, Katz doesn't have the shooting for SG or the PG abillity, but he's doing good job in the SF spot, what the hell you want?
              Watson's got no shot at all. He doesn't have a clearly defined position but its somewhere between SF and PF.

Eretz Katz is a pure PG, who's only abilities are to set up his teammates and to play hard defense.

As to the foreigner, Jerron Roberts did a much better job in Israel's jersey than Chris Watson.

Guni Israeli and Moran Rot do not fill European style of bball at all. All they can do consistently is run-run-run. No consistent shot, no physics, no solid defense on European level. While you can run in the Israeli League (just look at team ppg stats), the game is different in pretty much the rest of Europe. No one is scoring over 90 ppg. Thus, the game is slower and more physical. Now, if Israel's roster would be good enough to run the whole game, such PGs might even be okay, but only Spain and Lithuania can play like this in Europe. Israel is lacking size, mismatches and a whole lot of snipers in order to play like this.

Anyway, what's the story with Afik Nissim and the NT?
              burnstein

Comment

WTF? Katz is SF? , maybe as a PG, nothing else.
                2022/2023:
                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by goga78
                  Guni Israeli and Moran Rot do not fill European style of bball at all. All they can do consistently is run-run-run. No consistent shot, no physics, no solid defense on European level. While you can run in the Israeli League (just look at team ppg stats), the game is different in pretty much the rest of Europe. No one is scoring over 90 ppg. Thus, the game is slower and more physical. Now, if Israel's roster would be good enough to run the whole game, such PGs might even be okay, but only Spain and Lithuania can play like this in Europe. Israel is lacking size, mismatches and a whole lot of snipers in order to play like this.
                  While I may agree with you about Rot, I'm not sure that's the case with Guni. Both have embraced Holon's run and gun style, and it was perfect for this athletic team. However, Guni can also play slow tempo offence with pick and roll. He also had decent shooting percentage last season in Afula. Maybe his injury in the beginning of this season took him out of shape. Anyway I agree that there are better Israeli PGs - Tapiro, Hajaj and even Ohayon (I consider Halperin more an SG).

Comment

The only thing i'm worried about is that in 2-3 years we will without players like Tapiro who's one of the best PG in this decade, and Yaniv Green, who's a monster center,
                    Israel is just got to make good PG and good C for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldPettybone
                      You kidding me??? every simpleton who knows the surname known the man's religion is...

He played (or played) for Aris, didn't he? if so, thats not really a surprise.
                      Sirname would imply ethnicity not religion. If a Jew changes his religion, his name wouldn't.

With that said, we were talking nationality, which being Jewish is not. From what I understand he is Greek and has played for junior teams. Hence, not Israeli.

Did Watson completely change his style of play? If not, then how's he a SF? As far as Katz, he really doesn't have much of an offensive game either, though always saw him as a defensive guard.

The only thing i'm worried about is that in 2-3 years we will without players like Tapiro who's one of the best PG in this decade, and Yaniv Green, who's a monster center,
                      Israel is just got to make good PG and good C for the future!
                      I agree about Yaniv Green. I'm not sure who will replace him at the 5. Robert Rothbart hasn't even gotten close to expectations. I am surprised that no Israeli team tried to get Alex Bougaieff.

As far as at the 1, I think Israel's future looks better, but it will be interesting who will step up - if any: Guni Izraeli, Yogev Ohayon, Gal Mekel, Yuval Neimi, etc...

Comment

Well, Its pretty obvious that you never watches these guys play.
                        Watson perfect SF.......
                        fu*king Hilarius...
                        Sirname would imply ethnicity not religion. If a Jew changes his religion, his name wouldn't.

With that said, we were talking nationality, which being Jewish is not. From what I understand he is Greek and has played for junior teams. Hence, not Israeli.
                        After saying that, Are you familiar with the Law of return? Because all the the above makes me wonder.
                        Anyway, preliminary squad announced:
                        G-Tapiro, Rot, Ochayon, Halperin, Hajaj, Limonad
                        F-Casspi, Eliyahu, Burshtein, Pnini, Naor, Hanochi
                        C-Tamir, Watson, Kozhikaro, Green, Nir Cohen
                        Some weird calls-Roberts and markovich dropped, Naor is semi-retired but still called...

Comment

Matalon is greek, and his parents (Nikos and Aliki) are greek as well. He's an Aris player, but played for Kolossos Rhodes on loan this season - he also played for several greek youth NTs before and was called to this years U20 again as well. He's from Thessaloniki though, which had a huge jewish community until WW2, when the majority was deported by the germans and murdered. Today there's still a small jewish-greek community in Saloniki.
                          I'm pretty sure that I heard before that Matalon is of said communities descent. No idea though whether he is still jewish himself, or orthodox christian or whatever.

Comment

Lior Eliyahu desiced not to play in the NT, due to his awfull relationship with Tzvi Sherf.
                            2022/2023:
                            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Reall weird! Why isn't Markovich on board? As if Israel would have lots of big men... Roberts was a very effective player and a great fighter. Why wasn't he invited to camp?
                              Eliyahu decides not to play because of the coach? On the one hand it is understandable, on the other hand it is stupid gambling. Sherf's teams show results and as long as it goes that way, he won't get dismissed. Plus, Eliyahu is one of Israel's brightest talents and the team needs him. Put your ego aside and play. After all, if the coach treats you unfairly, you can go public with this matter. Some years ago, Shelf and Lubin were dropped from the NT because of criticising their coach. This move caused a lot of uproar. I'm sure, there would be the same thing with Lior suddenly not being nominated. The NT needs him.
                              burnstein

Comment

Final Roster updated.

GOOD LUCK ISRAEL!

I WANT FULL NOKIA ARENA AGAINST ENGLAND!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information