Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Teams

I have a question...
    Which are, now, the ten strongest african national teams?

Thank you...
    I'n new of the forum. I'm Carlo...

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/eve...p/rankMen.html

Comment

Strongest teams

Angola, Nigéria, Senegal, Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cent. Africa, Cape Verde and Tunisia.

I am sorry for Mali

Comment

Originally posted by zlim View Post
        Angola, Nigéria, Senegal, Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cent. Africa, Cape Verde and Tunisia.
        I suppose that looks good. Actually I think the FIBA Africa rankings are pretty good with the exception of...
        I am sorry for Mali
        and maybe Morocco too, because niether of those teams have played well in recent years. A lot of these African countries have wonderful players but an ineffective sports governing body, so a team like, for example, Cameroon, recently won second in the Afrobasket African Championship and rose in the FIBA rankings even though they hadn't played a tournament in years.

Personally, I think that Angola, Senegal, Nigeria, and Cape Verde are the best teams (in that order, pretty obvious). Tunisia is next with Egypt, CAR, Ivory Coast, and Cameroon able to become much better at any tournament depending on the players they bring. Egypt is a team that has fallen hard in the past ten years or so, but could be very, very good.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Marocco is a good team... I think it is not weaker than Tunisia.

Comment

Originally posted by Cachi87 View Post
            I respectfully disagree. Morocco has a few tough players, including Reda Rhalimi, who is a sure-fire pro for many years to come, but I just don't think they're that good. Now, I could be wrong (I usually am wrong, Cachi!!). Tunisia is historically better and I think they looked pretty good at the last Afrobasket. But, truthfully, I just don't know.
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I'll also have to respectfully disagree as well .
              Morocco is one of the good teams in North Africa but their level of play is weaker than Egypt and Tunisia.
              The Tunisian bball league is one of the best in Africa and a few months ago there were 2 Tunisian teams that reached the semifinals of the African Championship Cup (Etoile du Sahel, and Stade Nabeulien) while the other 2 teams were from Angola (best league in Africa).

(Note: Most of the Tunisian players on these 2 teams represent the Tunisian NT).

I know that having the best league doesn't necessarily mean that ur NT is the best since for example Cameroon and Senegal have alot of players in Europe and the NBA but in general it is a good indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                Egypt is a team that has fallen hard in the past ten years or so, but could be very, very good.
                They topped the FIBA Africa U-18 championships for men so expect good things from them.

Morocco has a few tough players, including Reda Rhalimi,
                Former PBA import for Purefoods.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                  They topped the FIBA Africa U-18 championships for men so expect good things from them.
                  You're right. I hope they can do something. They've just had hard times recently.
                  Former PBA import for Purefoods.
                  That's right! How did he do in the PBA?

Comment

That's right! How did he do in the PBA?
                    Nice guy, a great team player, a bit hesitant but a solid player nonetheless.

Comment

I have a question...
                      Which are, now, the ten strongest african national teams?

Thank you...
                      I'n new of the forum. I'm Carlo...
                      Maybe Angola

Comment

Do you know something about Libya? I read they have Alpha Bangura (Will he take part in afrobasket?) ... How they prepare fot the tournament... Have they got soma camp?? What can I expect from them??

Comment

I seriously don't no about it friends.
                          Hello

Comment

what do you think of the rwanda's center robert thompson?

Comment

Originally posted by zlim View Post

I am sorry for Mali
                              right
                              www.nigeriabasketball.blogspot.com
                              www.nigeriabasket.blogspot.com
                              www.nigerianbasket.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information