Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slovenia hosting Alpos Cup

Default Slovenia hosting Alpos Cup

Slovenia will be hosting Alpos Cup in Maribor, where four NT's will be playing their preparation games for upcoming World Cup in Japan. The participanting NT's are - Venezuela, Lebanon, Canada and Slovenia. The tournament starts on Friday (4.8) and will last untill Sunday (6.8).

Friday, 4.8.2006

at 17.30 Venezuela : Canada

at 20.00 Slovenia : Lebanon

Saturday, 5.8.2006

at 17.30 Canada : Lebanon

at 20.00 Slovenia : Venezuela

Sunday, 6.8.2006

at 17.30 Lebanon : Venezuela

at 20.00 Slovenia : Canada

The games of Slovenian national team will be also broadcasted at SLO2 TV channel (unfortunetly there is not internet broadcast for those games). The tournament will be in Tabor arena, the day tickets for both games will cost ~4€ (1000SIT).

Another thing... the TV Slovenija 2 which will be broadcasting the games can be seen also on Hotbird 3 Satellite.
    Last edited by elaj; 08-01-2006 at 01:12 PM.

I know Pipan wanted some non-europe teams, to get used to their style of game... but this is just too uncompetitive tournament... he could just as well invite Laško, Helios and Bosna Sarajevo

I will go there on Saturday to watch both games. Do I need to reserve any tickets? Will somebody of you guys will be there? Is the arena easy to find?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix031
    I will go there on Saturday to watch both games. Do I need to reserve any tickets? Will somebody of you guys will be there? Is the arena easy to find?
    I probably wont go there, maybe on Sunday, I'll see.

You don't need to reserve the tickets, be there a hour before the game and you will get them 100%.

Here you have the map, where you can find the "Dvorana Tabor". The address of this arena is Koresova ulica 7, 2109 Maribor. Here you can find full map of Maribor.

I will probably go on saturday and sunday, maybe even friday. I'm without the car at the moment, so I should see what schedule my friends have.

Venezuela NT is being late, they are coming to Slovenia tomorrow (Friday) at 20.25, so the game Venezuela - Canada will be played on Saturday in forenoon hours.

so they are playing at 12? if I buy a ticket for the other 2 games will I be albe to see also this game?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix031
    so they are playing at 12? if I buy a ticket for the other 2 games will I be albe to see also this game?
    No, the game Venezuela:Canada will be played at 9:00 on Saturday, as I know if you buy the ticket for the Friday, you can watch also the game on Saturday (Venezuela:Canada).

Slovenia : Lebanon 114:53 (75:44, 58:35, 23:16)

Slovenia: Jurak 2, Lakovič 7 (2:2), Ožbolt 3, Bečirovič 3 (1:1), Nesterovič 9, Udrih 17 (1:3), Nachbar 12, Joksimovič 5 (2:3), Milič 2, Dragič 6 (2:3), Slokar 12, Brezec 19 (9:11), Lorbek 6, Zagorac 5, Zupan 6 (1:2).

Lebanon: Abdelnour 2, Tawbe 2, Mahmoud 4, Fahd 15 (4:4), Feghali 6 (2:3), Samaha 3 (1:2), Vogel 5 (1:2), Khoury 5, El Hatib 11 (6:6).

FT's: Slovenija 20:26, Libanon 14:19.

3PT: Slovenia 11:23 (Udrih, Nachbar, Lorbek po 2, Lakovič, Ožbolt, Nesterovič, Joksimovič, Zupan po 1), Lebanon 5:23 (Fahd 3, Sabah in El Hatib po 1).

Rebounds: Slovenia 38 (13 + 25), Lebanon 27 (12 + 15).
    Fouls: Slovenia 21, Lebanon 23.

What to say? The score tells you everything...
    Last edited by elaj; 08-04-2006 at 08:29 PM.

I think those kind of preparation games in this late stage are really useless. I also think that Pipan should have cut three players allready before this tournament, because there will be only three preparation games left to play with major players. I would cut Zagorac, Lorbek and Joksimovic. Dragic could be one of the best fast break players in Europe allready.

Hi elaj, how r u? did u see the game., what happened why this bigs score.? and how did the lebanese play?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroun
    Hi elaj, how r u? did u see the game., what happened why this bigs score.? and how did the lebanese play?
    Hi, I'm fine, thanks.

Yes, I saw the game, nothing special happened, Slovenians played some ball.

The Lebanese played awful, the best player for Lebanon was Fahd, he scored some crazy triples and that was all. Slovenians dominated in any aspect of the game.

Here in Leb we r ot watching the games.
    In the Efes tournament Slovenia won 88-66 ( 22 pts diff)
    And now 114-53(61pts dif!!!!!!) there must be sth wrong
    Rony Fahed does those 3 ponts always.

Lebanon played with reserve players most of 4th quarter, so the margin was getting bigger every minute. Lebanon did quite well in 1st quarter though.

Jaka Lakovič:
    "We'll have to wait for the tournament in Singapore torealise the real strenght of out team. We are been better for some levels than Libanon today and some other NTs. Anyway we're glad we are showing some progress in the game and I really hope It'll continue this way."

Boštjan Nachbar:
    "Up's and down's are still visible in our games. In the real games we won't be able to afford that many TO's and passes out court"

Canada : Venezuela 108:86 (81:71, 50:43, 24:16)
    Lebanon : Canada 83:80 (60:65, 40:37, 21:16)

Today Slovenia plays vs. Venezuela in 20 minutes.

Slovenia - Venezuela - 39-34 (half time)

WE WERE LEADING 32-8 IN THE FIRST QUARTER (Rasho-Jurak-Nachbar-Becirovic-Lakovic), THEN COACH SUBBED WHOLE STARTING FIVE (Brezec-Slokar-Milic-Ozbolt-Udrih), AND YOU CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENED.

First Q - no mistakes, great defense, Rasho closed our basket, other players solid.

Second Q - No defense, stupid mistakes, they played like they've already won the game, Ozbolt played like he isn't there, also Slokar... Diaz at Venezuela hit some 4-5 crazy triples... and we have again a close game.

Amazing what change of starting five can do.

Anyway, second half time coming up.

Slovenia : Venezuela 88:61 (58:49, 39:34, 30:8)

Slovenia: Jurak 5 (3:4), Lakovič 8 (4:4), Ožbolt 9 (1:1), Bečirovič 13 (2:2), Nesterovič 6, Udrih 2, Nachbar 13 (2:2), Milič 14 (1:2), Slokar 6, Brezec 4, Zagorac 8.

Venezuela:
    Diaz 14 (2:2), Machado 2, Mijares 5 (1:2), Lugo 8 (0:3), Aguilera 12 (9:9), Torres 9 (3:4), Cedeno 5 (1:2), Vallenilla 2, Bayona 4 (2:4).

FT: Slovenia 13:17, Venezuela 17:26.
    3PT: Slovenia 5:14 (Ožbolt 2, Bečirovič 1, Nachbar 1, Milič 1), Venezuela 6:17 (Diaz 4, Mijares 1, Aguilera 1).
    Rebounds: Slovenia 46 (17 + 29), Venezuela 30 (14 + 16).
    Fouls: Slovenia 21, Venezuela 17.

Well, what to say, things got clear in 3Q, all players started to play little bit more agressive defense. I was delighted with Nachbar (nice dunk over Torres), Milic had some nice offensive rebounds, Rasho played good defense, Slokar and Brezec duo wasn't really working, the defense was slow, and too much static. Anyway, the mistakes came on surface (around 20 lost balls, too much...), things must get better untill the WC, tomorrow we play vs. Canada and then good preparation games in Singapore vs. Argentina, Serbia&Montenegro and Spain.
    Last edited by elaj; 08-05-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Congratulation for Lebanon and Slovenia,
    hope Lebanon can win vs Venezuela.
    It was a nice Game Elaj
    PROUD TO BE LEBANESE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast