Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Motiejūnas: Lithuania's next big thing

and new record is.... 21 !!!

it was week of rebounds for Donatas
    Remember September 2003!!!

The clash between Motiejunas and Valančiūnas, Prokom against Rytas tonight, 16CET. http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/live/

Off course, match up is not direct probably as Motiejūnas playing at 4 and Valančiūnas 5, but still the first time these dudes playing against each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    The clash between Motiejunas and Valančiūnas, Prokom against Rytas tonight, 16CET. http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/live/

Off course, match up is not direct probably as Motiejūnas playing at 4 and Valančiūnas 5, but still the first time these dudes playing against each other.
    It's more Motiejunas vs Katelynas. Katelynas kicked his ass last time they've met in Eurocup, it'll interesting who will win the match-up today. However, poor timin' for me - too much footie on schedule to watch this game

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    It's more Motiejunas vs Katelynas. Katelynas kicked his ass last time they've met in Eurocup, it'll interesting who will win the match-up today. However, poor timin' for me - too much footie on schedule to watch this game
    Well now Motiejunas kicked Katelynas ass. Even if he had a bad shooting night, he came up with clutch performance. Pretty horrible game at the end became a heck of fun. Nice for Donatas winning the game with the difficult lay up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well now Motiejunas kicked Katelynas ass. Even if he had a bad shooting night, he came up with clutch performance. Pretty horrible game at the end became a heck of fun. Nice for Donatas winning the game with the difficult lay up!
    Saw some last actions. Motiejunas finally managed to hit free-throws at the end on the game (maybe I've missed some earlier, but as much as I saw he hit all of them) and that decisive shot was also though, but good. It should kick some confidence into the team and of course Motiejunas himself, finally a close game won...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Saw some last actions. Motiejunas finally managed to hit free-throws at the end on the game (maybe I've missed some earlier, but as much as I saw he hit all of them) and that decisive shot was also though, but good. It should kick some confidence into the team and of course Motiejunas himself, finally a close game won...
    Yeah, Prokom has 2 or 3 victories in a row. Too bad they have no chances for top 16 because it would be fun to follow Motiejunas' progression in Euroleague further. Motiejunas becoming a player with every game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was weird seeing Motiejunas hitting free throws .Seriously though I wouldn't call this game a good one for him.He missed a bunch of shots,didn't rebound really well and a lot of the time he was just standing in the corner of the three point line.He's best,when he posts up.He's really quick and usually can trick his defender really easlily,but he chooses to spend too much time on the three point line,which I don't really like.It was a shame to see Rytas lose today,but at least it was Donatas with the game winner.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Is Motiejunas staying in Europe this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BBallfanJ View Post
    Yes..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I said '' Motiejunas is a overrated'' in the past.I was wrong.Jonas and Enes are overrated.Donatas,Mirotic and Vucevic are the future of European basketball

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    I said '' Motiejunas is a overrated'' in the past.I was wrong.Jonas and Enes are overrated.Donatas,Mirotic and Vucevic are the future of European basketball
    No offense, but one of the most stupid post I've recently read in international forums. First you saying that you were wrong and this way you approving that the players' qualities are constantly changing, than you declaring that the future is exactly this and that. How will you call your self if Valančiūnas and Enes after two years (being at Motiejūnas' age) will be braking the boards as no-one did before? I mean you were the one who trashed this thread saying how Motiejūnas sucks and you still can't learn even from you own mistakes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
    I said '' Motiejunas is a overratedThank you for your honesty - but once wrong,you can not go back'' in the past.I was wrong.Jonas and Enes are overrated.Donatas,Mirotic and Vucevic are the future of European basketball
    Thank you for your honesty - but once wrong,you can not go back

Quote Originally Posted by BBallfanJ View Post
    I hope he moves on Euroleague 16 team

Rockets fans are filling their forums with idea that Motiejūnas should be in their team this year already

BTW, I found it fun to sneak into these forums just to realise Span666 is trolling rockets forums about how badly Motiejūnas sucks That guy is really something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rockets fans are filling their forums with idea that Motiejūnas should be in their team this year already
    The only thing i am certain that he should change his team after the last game in euroleague this week.
    After that,who knows...

what was Motiejunas doing last night? 4 missed three pointers and 1 turnover in first 4minutes? wtf?
    Remember September 2003!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arturcia View Post
    what was Motiejunas doing last night? 4 missed three pointers and 1 turnover in first 4minutes? wtf?
    He's overdoing with those threes. He made 1/9 last 2 games. Overall he made 46 in 10 games with 30%, too much for PF. As i've seen, some of them were just ridiculous.

I'm telling you,his biggest problem is that he shoots too many threes.Sure,he can hit them,but needs to stop hanging around the three point line so long.He can be really effective as an post-up player,but instead of that he spends most of his time far away from the basket.There are other aspects of his game that he must improve,like free throw shooting(how can a shooter only convert 45.5% of his chances?) and defense,but coaches must demand him to play closer to the basket.
    Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Motiejunas isn't a very consistent player at the moment - one day he'll have 15+ pts and 7+ rebs, but the next day, he'll have 10-11 pts and 5 rebs in the same amount of playing time. He needs to be more consistent. Plus, his FT shooting is atrocious. He is very skilled offensively, but needs to improve in few areas. I don't see him in the NBA right now.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast