Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National team guard Jeff Xavier signed with Spanish LEB Gold side Breogán.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Jeff Xavier MVP in Breogán Lugo's win.
      Artificial Nature

Comment

National team player Jeff Xavier with a big game in Spain
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Alle Cape Verde !!!

Comment

Basketball: Ivan Almeida leads Stonehill to victory over Adelphi in OT, 60-59

Capeverdean Sophomore guard, Ivan Almeida, ended with a game-high 16 points (13 after halftime), shooting 6-for-12 from the field while converting 3-of-4 free-throws, to go with six rebounds and four assists to lift Stonehill College, among teams receiving votes in this week's National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Division II poll, to a 60-59 victory over Adelphi University in a key Northeast-10 Conference men's basketball matchup at the Center for Recreation & Sport.
            Stonehill came away with its sixth-straight win - second one-point comeback win of the week.
            Look for Almeida to have another strong performance as Stonehill (15-3, 12-1 NE-10) is back in action on Tuesday when it hosts Le Moyne College for a key NE-10 battle in Merkert Gymnasium at 7:30 p.m.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Stonehill Beats Saint Rose, 76-64

Stonehill College, remained in a first place tie atop the Conference standings in claiming a 76-64 victory over The College of Saint Rose in Northeast-10 Conference men's basketball action at Daniel P. Nolan Gymnasium this afternoon. Sophomore Ivan Almeida (Praia, Cape Verde) added 14 points, on 6-of-9 shooting, five rebounds, two assists and two steals.
              Stonehill (16-4, 13-2 NE-10) is back in action on Wednesday when it hosts Franklin Pierce University at 7:30 p.m.
              (POR) A equipa de Stonehill College, onde joga o Cabo-verdiano, Ivan Almeida, conseguiu manter na lideran?a do campeonato de basquetebol d...
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Ivan Almeida continues to play well as Stonehill holds Off UMass Lowell, 68-60

Ivan Almeida continues to play well as Stonehill holds Off UMass Lowell, 68-60Stonehill College, moved back into sole possession of first place in the Northeast-10 standings with a 68-60 victory over the University of Massachusetts Lowell, in men's basketball action at Costello Athletic Center this afternoon. Sophomore Ivan Almeida (Praia, Cape Verde) made 5-of-6 shots from the field and converted his lone free-throw attempt for 11 points, five rebounds and three assists. Stonehill (18-4, 15-2 NE-10) is back in action on Tuesday with another key NE-10 matchup at Merrimack College at 7:30 p.m.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Do you know this player?

Does anyone know someone named Sekouba Conde. He apparently plays for Seven Star. Just looking for some information on him, Does he lay in the professional league? What kind of player is he?

Comment

Originally posted by coach11 View Post
                    Does anyone know someone named Sekouba Conde. He apparently plays for Seven Star. Just looking for some information on him, Does he lay in the professional league? What kind of player is he?
                    Are you sure that's his name? Never heard of him.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

That is what I was told his name is. I saw tape of Playing, He is 20 years old. Could he playing on a Junior team of some kind?

Comment

League final

Seven Stars retained the national title with a 61–41 win over Bairro in the final played last weekend.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Ivan Almeida posts career high - Nov 15, 2010 (by Pedro Gomes)
                          Junior Ivan Almeida (198-G-89, college: Stonehill) posted his second career double-double with career-highs of 18 points, 15 rebounds and four blocked shots today, in Stonehills win against LIU-CW.

The swing player from Praia, Cape Verde led Stonehill, which nearly had three players notch double-doubles, with career-bests of 18 points, 15 rebounds (seven offensive) and four blocked shots for the second double-double of his career. He made 7-of-17 shots from the field, including 2-for-5 from three-point range, while converting 2-of-4 free throws.
                          Stonehill led virtually start to finish, scoring 12 of the first 16 points on the afternoon to stake out an early lead after an Almeida three-pointer and Kernan layup four minutes in. The Skyhawks lead reached double-figures for the first time (25-15) following a layup by junior Andre Tongo (Acton, Mass./Acton-Boxborough) just past the midway point of the first half and grew to as much as 13 (37-24) after two free-throws from Heppert with 1:14 remaining in the half.
                          Postgame Interviews

Stonehill settled for a ten point (39-29) halftime lead, but quickly made it 13 again (42-29) after an Almeida three to start the second half. The Skyhawks lead reached 14 (53-39) after an Almeida put-back dunk six minutes into the half, but C.W. Post responded with eight-straight points to draw within six (53-47) after a layup off a steal by sophomore Jonathan Kohler (Bordentown, N.J./Bordentown) with 11:30 to play.

Stonehill answered with an 11-2 run over the next four minutes to regain its 15-point lead (64-49) after a Hamor layup with 7:18 remaining. C.W. Post chipped away again, closing within six (67-61) on a Hall three with 2:53 on the clock. The Pioneers continued to close the gap, drawing within four (69-65) after two Allen free-throws with 1:51 to go, but the Skyhawks held tough and made five-of-six free throws to go with a Lee layup to work the lead back up to 11 (76-65) with 32-seconds left and seal the win.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Why Ivan Almeida pulled out Cape Verde team

SHEFFIELD (Julio Chitunda's African Message) - For fans of Cape Verde men's national team, Ivan Almeida is the player they hope to see shining in the upcoming AfroBasket, but this is unlikely to happen.

Early this month, Almeida pulled out from the national team's preliminary squad, and joined his new club Lille of the France's Pro-B.

But media reports in the island suggest, Cape Verde Basketball Federation (FCVB) is hopeful to bring him to the team.

The most asked question among the islanders is why Ivan and brother Joel pulled out after so much dedication to the national team in the past few years?

Well, a lot has happened recently in Ivan's basketball career.

In August last year, the 24-year-old Ivan was named the MVP of Africa zone 2 qualifier tournament held in Cape Verde's capital city of Praia.

He gained international attention after an outstanding season with Vitoria de Guimaraes in which he was named the MVP of Portugal's league. Since then his basketball career skyrocketed, and playing for the national team required professional care.

Like many others I tried to find out the reasons behind Almeida's decision.

I caught up with him, and tried to speak to the FCVB, but none returned my calls.

"I feel frustrated and sad because I worked very hard in the past three years to represent my country in the AfroBasket 2013," he told me.

"Right now I am focused on my club, and I don't think I'll join the national team.

"My contract with Lille began in early August and the Federation had to agree an insurance cover with the club. This did not happen, although my club's head coach supported my presence in the national team.

"I think Federation and my club communicated a few times by email, but nothing came out of it," he pointed out.

So, what has changed since August last year when Ivan was already playing in Europe and was a regular member of the national team, I asked.

"I first signed a professional contract in October 2012 (at Guimaraes). Prior to that moment, I had no big professional obligations," he explained.

Cape Verde's best result in AfroBasket was a bronze medal at the 2007 event.

From the team that outstandingly represented the islanders in that tournament, Mario Correia, Rodrigo Mascarenhas and Aldevino Lima are currently practicing with the team.

Ivan Almeida emerged as a promising star two years later in Libya, but this summer, head coach Alex Nwora and his coaching staff might have to look for new talents to cover Almeida's absence.

Nwora is currently running a training camp in Praia with Aaron Strothers, Danzel Brito, Dimitry Coronel, Shane da Rosa, Kevin Coronel, Braima Freire, Rodrigo Mascarenhas, Michel Mendes, Aldevino Lima, Mario Correia, Walter Tavares "Edi" and Flavio Gomes.

Although he is likely to miss out the tournament, Almeida still believe in his national team's potential.

"I think we still have a good team, and I believe my teammates and the coaching staff will do well in Abidjan," he explains.

Cape Verde has been drawn in Group C of this summer's AfroBasket along Angola, Mozambique and Central African Republic.

We'll have to wait until the tournament tips off from 20 to 31 August in Abidjan, to find out the impact of Almeida's presence or absence.

Julio Chitunda
                            Source:http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...7921/arti.html

Jeff Xavier had planned to play as well but he also cancelled his participation after he signed a contract with Spanish club, Burgos.

Comment

Cape Verde's final roster:

Aaron Strothers
                              Denzel Brito
                              Dimitry Coronel
                              Shane da Rosa
                              Kevin Coronel
                              Braima Freire
                              Rodrigo Mascarenhas
                              Michel Mendes
                              Viny Lima
                              Mario "Marito"Correia
                              Walter Tavares "Edi"
                              Flavio "Betinho"Gomes

Source (in Portuguese): http://basketpt.net/index.php/la-por...frobasket-2013

Comment

Denzel Brito out

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information