Jordan NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    Where is such guys like Al-Sous or I.Abbas? I remember they've played last year in Asian championship and if I'm not wrong was quite important players
    Unfortunately, they have been banned after the last game of the local league, when their team ASU lost the 5th game against Orthodox.
    Wesam Al-Sous (6 months, for accusing the JBF in a TV interview minutes after the game)
    Islam Abbas (1 year, for trying to assault a referee after the game)

Comment

• Originally posted by OSHAFA View Post
      Jordan National Team initial roster - May 14, 2012

Below you will find the initial roster of 18 players who will begin preperations with Jordan National Team for the next competitions.

Osama Daghles (198-G-79, college: Midwestern St.) of Orthodox Amman
      Sinan Eid (193-G-91) of Orthodox Amman
      Zaid Abbas (203-F-83) of Orthodox Amman
      Enver Soobzokov (201-G/F-78, college: CS San Bernar.) of Orthodox Amman
      Fares Saqf-AlHait (194-G/F-87, college: Calumet) of Orthodox Amman
      Mahmoud Abdeen (189-PG-87) of ASU Sports Club
      Mohammad Hadrab (202-PF-84) of ASU Sports Club
      Mousa Alawadi (188-G-85) of ASU Sports Club
      Mohammad Hussein (210-C-90) of ASU Sports Club
      Abdallah AbuQoura (205-F/C-84) of ASU Sports Club
      Fadel Al-Najjar (192-G-85) of Kofer Yoba Irbid
      Khaldon Abu Ruqayah (200-F-83) of Kofer Yoba Irbid
      Ahmed Al-Hamarsheh (200-F-86) of Kofer Yoba Irbid
      Ibrahim Bassam (204-C-87) of Kofer Yoba Irbid
      Hani AlFaraj (192-SG-87) of Kofer Yoba Irbid
      Issa Kamel (194-F/G-83) of Al Riyadi Amman
      Ahmad Al Dwairi (210-C-93) of Al Riyadi Amman
      Mohammad Jamal Ali (195-PF-89) of Al Riyadi Amman
      Ali Zaghab (204-F/C-88) of Al Riyadi Amman

Head Coach: Thomas Baldwin

http://www.asia-basket.com/Jordan/ba...?NewsID=271381
      The roster is now downsized to 15 players, and attending a 1 week training camp in Turkey.

Osama Daghles (199-PG-79)
      Mahmoud Abdeen (189-PG-87)
      Fadel Al-Najjar (192-PG-85)

Fares Saqf-AlHait (194-G/F-87)
      Mousa Alawadi (192-G/F-85)
      Issa Kamel (194-F/G-83)
      Enver Soobzokov (201-G/F-78) will not play in WABA, due to FIBA ban.

Zaid Abbas (203-F-83) minor injury, gets back to practice next week (could miss WABA)
      Khaldon Abu Ruqayah (200-F-83)
      Ahmed Al-Hamarsheh (200-F-86)

Abdallah AbuQoura (205-F/C-84)
      Ali Zaghab (204-F/C-88)

Ahmad Al Dwairi (210-C-93)
      Ibrahim Bassam (204-C-87)
      Mohammad Hussein (210-C-90)

Sinan Eid (193-G-91) still studying in turkey, joined NT camp, but will also miss on WABA
      Mohammad Hadrab (202-PF-84) still injured, (will miss WABA)

Comment

• Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
        Thanks Khalid!
        Your welcome

Originally posted by aymanxp View Post
        Thanks Khalid for your interest and follow up ... ;-)
        Your welcome

I'm friends with Baldwin from when he was coaching the Lebanese NT in Turkey where I got to talk to him there and stayed in contact with him since...

Comment

• Originally posted by aymanxp View Post
          The roster is now downsized to 15 players, and attending a 1 week training camp in Turkey.

Enver Soobzokov (201-G/F-78) will not play in WABA, due to FIBA ban.

Zaid Abbas (203-F-83) minor injury, gets back to practice next week (could miss WABA)
          What is the reason of Enver's ban? If it's anything related to his nationality then that doesn't make sense at all as he's been playing with the Jordanian NT for a very long time now.

Zaid's injury is a big blow... For sure the Jordanian NT needs him to be 100% during the pre-Olympics tournament so resting him from playing the WABA would be a safe thing to do so he wouldn't reaggrivate his injury and make it any worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            What is the reason of Enver's ban?
            Oh my god, don't remind me ...
            It's regarding a very stupid & weird late decision by FIBA, where they decided (on mid April) that Enver & Zaid Al-Khas used some illegal supplements during the asian championship, that proved to be some Power Drink (in case of Enver) & Food Additives (in case of Zaid), and therefore they were both band for 6 months staring the 1st of January.

Comment

• Hi ,everyone. Jordan is my favourite team except team china which is my home team. In asia championship 2011, Jordan beat Iran in 1/4 final , this game make me like jordan team. In this match , Iran leads most of the time ,but jordans never give up ,they keep fighting and beat iran in the last three minutes that give the audience a great match.
              For the 2012 olympic qualifying tournament, I think the situation is not so good to Jordan.
              1. The draw is too bad. Jordan will have to face GreeK and Puerto Rico, both of them are strong team and hard to beat.
              If Jordan can go to Group D with New Zealand and Angola, or Group B with Nigeria or Venezuela, it will be more easier.
              2. I heard Rasheim Wright will not be suiting up for the Jordanian NT this summer, it is a great loss . I think Wright is NO.1
              scorer in Jordanian NT .
              But just as no one believe Jordan can beat Iran and they did it, I hope Jordan can give us a surprise as what they did in Wuhan. Come on, Daghles and Abbas, I will cheer you on from china. See you in next season's CBA ! Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by gary81 View Post
                Hi ,everyone. Jordan is my favourite team except team china which is my home team. In asia championship 2011, Jordan beat Iran in 1/4 final , this game make me like jordan team. In this match , Iran leads most of the time ,but jordans never give up ,they keep fighting and beat iran in the last three minutes that give the audience a great match.
                For the 2012 olympic qualifying tournament, I think the situation is not so good to Jordan.
                1. The draw is too bad. Jordan will have to face GreeK and Puerto Rico, both of them are strong team and hard to beat.
                If Jordan can go to Group D with New Zealand and Angola, or Group B with Nigeria or Venezuela, it will be more easier.
                2. I heard Rasheim Wright will not be suiting up for the Jordanian NT this summer, it is a great loss . I think Wright is NO.1
                scorer in Jordanian NT .
                But just as no one believe Jordan can beat Iran and they did it, I hope Jordan can give us a surprise as what they did in Wuhan. Come on, Daghles and Abbas, I will cheer you on from china. See you in next season's CBA ! Good luck!
                no Wright,but they will naturalize a bigman instead.

Comment

There was no such possibility. Jordan could join either Lithuania+Venezuela, either Macedonia+New Zealand or Russia+DR. Of course IMO Jordan could have better chances in other group against Venezuela or New Zealand without Penney and Abercrombie. But realistically, they would still be outsiders and any win would be quite big surprise

Comment

Of course IMO Jordan could have better chances in other group against Venezuela or New Zealand without Penney and Abercrombie. But realistically, they would still be outsiders and any win would be quite big surprise
                    I just hope Jordan can go as far as they can, fight as they beat Iran in Wuhan . In other group, Jordan may qualify but in Group A it is almost impossible. Anyway , Lithuania,Russia and Greek is overwhelming to all the other teams, they will get the last three chance to London with no doubt.

Comment

I just hope Jordan can go as far as they can, fight as they beat Iran in Wuhan . In other group, Jordan may qualify but in Group A it is almost impossible. Anyway , Lithuania,Russia and Greek is overwhelming to all the other teams, they will get the last three chance to London with no doubt.
                      As Lithuanian, I hope you're right regarding qualified teams But I have my doubts. Puerto-Rico, DR, even Venezuela might surprise - in a good way or in a bad way. I mean they are teams which might beat the best when has a good day or might lose against weaker teams on a bad one. So you never know what to expect from them when you step on the court. Thats' probably the only hope for Jordan, that PR will have a bad day, will collapse psychologically or smth. Against Greece, sorry to say that, but Jordan has no chances what so ever. Even on a bad day, Greeks still would win. Simply they are well organised team, with strategy, tactics, no bunch of wild shots or too much freedom, improvisations or staking everything on individual skills of couple leaders (what exactly tends to do most Latino teams). So if Jordan will have a shot for a win - it'll be Puerto-Rico (on a bad shooting night)

Comment

. So if Jordan will have a shot for a win - it'll be Puerto-Rico (on a bad shooting night)
                        If Jordan get the 2nd place in Group A , which team will they face next? The 1st in Group B?

Comment

If Jordan get the 2nd place in Group A , which team will they face next? The 1st in Group B?
                          Yes. It'll be A group vs B and C vs D

Comment

Yes. It'll be A group vs B and C vs D
                            so Jordan will probably face Lithuania in the quarter, I think Jordan have 5% chance to win..

Comment

• Good luck for our NT in this tournament ...

WABA National Teams Cup ,Amman Jordan [11 Till 15 June ]

Comment

• Originally posted by aymanxp View Post
                                Good luck for our NT in this tournament ...

WABA National Teams Cup ,Amman Jordan [11 Till 15 June ]
                                why do not Jordan Team have Abbas play for them in WABA tournament?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information