Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today FIBA is deciding about next summer and one possibility is to let 24 teams play already in Lithuania. That would clearly attract more fans as Latvia and Poland would play in European Championships.

Other option is additional qualifying tournament with 6 or 10 teams. I prefer 24 teams already in Lithuania.

Comment

In Poland it is said that FIBA decided to make EuroBasket 2011 a 24-team tournament.

Italy, Latvia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Bulgaria and Poland are qualified.

Finland, Hungary and Portugal are going to fight for the rest two places.

Those who are in the Division B now (for example: Czech Republic, Sweden) are very unlucky.

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of taking a two week vacation in Lithuania for kugelis and Eurobasket next September.

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
          In Poland it is said that FIBA decided to make EuroBasket 2011 a 24-team tournament.

Italy, Latvia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Bulgaria and Poland are qualified.

Finland, Hungary and Portugal are going to fight for the rest two places.

Those who are in the Division B now (for example: Czech Republic, Sweden) are very unlucky.
          For real? O_o it unexpected. Well, gonna see some guys at Eurobasket if someone of my friends would like to go with me I'm living in halfway of Vilnius and Kaunas. It will be interesting.
          I'm on twitter

Comment

i'm one of guys with crazy therys in head could this have something with italy not qualifying to ec? it does make me suspicius

i guess montenegrians, israelis and others qualifyed trough qualyfications must feal dumb
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
              i'm one of guys with crazy therys in head could this have something with italy not qualifying to ec? it does make me suspicius
              This is the first thing I thought when I read the news. FIBA is afraid that Italy may miss out on another Eurobasket.

Comment

Wow, this would be great for Lithuania, because so many more fans would come. Latvia would probably be a team with the biggest fan-base.

But now, when I think of it, it is hard to believe. At least if FIBA doesn't abolish its rule, which says that all the teams of the same group should live in the same hotel. Because there were already problems with finding big enough hotels for 4 teams in Alytus, Panevėžys and Šiauliai. Well, maybe FIBA would change the rule, but it still seems hardly believable - changing the system with only 1 year left until the event.

Anyway, if it actually happens - I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
                  This is the first thing I thought when I read the news. FIBA is afraid that Italy may miss out on another Eurobasket.
                  and this also makes me prety sure slovenia has no chace to get eb 2013
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Great! More teams mean more fans coming! (and they are good for the economy, which really needs a boost )

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                      Great! More teams mean more fans coming! (and they are good for the economy, which really needs a boost )

Just why didn't they say it before the qualifications?

Comment

I wonder, what the system of competition will be... 4 groups with 6 teams? There will definitely be some problems with accommodation. Adding 2 more groups (one in Vilnius and one in Kaunas, since these cities were only supposed to host the second round and the play-offs) would probably be a better choice for this Eurobasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
                          I wonder, what the system of competition will be... 4 groups with 6 teams? There will definitely be some problems with accommodation. Adding 2 more groups (one in Vilnius and one in Kaunas, since these cities were only supposed to host the second round and the play-offs) would probably be a better choice for this Eurobasket.

polskikosz.pl reports that it will 4 groups with 6 teams. 3 teams from every group advance and then everything is the same like it was in 2007 in Spain and 2009 in Poland.

We had 9 games in 14 days for quaterfinalists and it's looking like we are going to have 11 games in 16 days...

Comment

I don't like the fact, that there will be some very weak teams. And there are already system of 24 teams in WC.

And how about such teams, like Montenegro, Britain and others three, who managed to go through clasification? And those teams, who lost, but probably will go to Euro? It was useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                              I don't like the fact, that there will be some very weak teams. And there are already system of 24 teams in WC.

And how about such teams, like Montenegro, Britain and others three, who managed to go through clasification? And those teams, who lost, but probably will go to Euro? It was useless.
                              like i said, they must feal dumb now , but at least, especially new formed montenegro who is fithing for recognition in basketball, nobady can say you are here just because they decided to have 24 teams
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information