Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil national team

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Brasil View Post

he´s probably out of Copa America
    but why?
    because of those problems with Unicaja? I read somewhere that he said he is hoping for playing time Unicaja..
    he played rather good for Brasil on lusophone games..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    That's Spanish Picek
    Brazil looks good no doubt. If Nenê and Baby were there as well they would be the favourites right from the start. It's between them and Argentina imo.
    Hey not so fast. The 2007 Fiba Americas brazilian team beat Uruguay by a similar margin(96-62) just a three point differential from the 100-63 2009 brazilian team.

I pick Brazil to make it to Turkey, but damn saying its only between them and Argentina right off the bat like that is crazy, especially when the dominican and Puerto Rico have the teams they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by saalsapr View Post
    I pick Brazil to make it to Turkey, but damn saying its only between them and Argentina right off the bat like that is crazy, especially when the dominican and Puerto Rico have the teams they have.
    I really think it is. The dominicans have new players in the team, they still have to adjust and so, those things take their time. But they could surprise, I don't write that off. As for PR, there's is no big faith that they will win the Americas, you know the coach the team has, and it's not just me saying this, it's other Boricuas here as well
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Eletrobrás Super Four (Final)

Brazil 95 x 67 Australia

Brazil

Alex Garcia 13pts 2boards 2steals
    Leandrinha Barbosa 15pts 1board 4asts
    A.Varejão 13pts 9boards 1steal 1ast
    T.Splitter 11pts 5boards 1block 3asts
    M.Huertas 7pts 4boards 2asts

Australia

J.Ingles 16pts 6asts 3boards 3to
    Gibson 22pts 7boards 2asts 1steal
    N.Jawaii 8pts 4boards 1block 4asts
    Forman 8pts 3boards

3rd place

Argentina 79 x 84 Uruguai

Argentina

Garcia 22pts 2boards
    R.Gonzalez 13pts 1board 2asts 1steal
    L.Gutierrez 12pts 4boards 1steal 1ast
    M.Sandes 5pts 8boards 3steals 3asts
    Kaamerichs 5pts 2boards 2steals 1ast

Uruguai

Barrera 17pts 2boards 2steals
    M.Aguiar 15pts 4boards 3asts 1steal
    E.Batista 5pts 13boards 2blocks 1steal 1ast
    Newsome 19pts 6boards 1ast
    Morales 18pts 3boards 6steals 4asts
    Osimani 10pts 7asts 1steal

Final positions

1st - Brazil
    2nd - Australia
    3rd - Uruguai
    4th- Argentina

Argentina really needs to find a starting PG, otherwise they will have lots of problems in the Copa America.

Quote Originally Posted by asdzas View Post

Brazil 95 x 67 Australia

Brazil

Australia

Forman 8pts 3boards

3rd place

Argentina

Garcia 22pts 2boards

Uruguai

Final positions

1st - Brazil
    2nd - Australia
    3rd - Uruguai
    4th- Argentina

Argentina really needs to find a starting PG, otherwise they will have lots of problems in the Copa America.
    Is this a tactic to get other teams to forget about Argentina? If so, I doubt it will work cause Argentina is #1 ranked in the world after all.

Also, Luis Scola doesnt appear in that performance list so Im guessing Argentina didnt look to win that game.
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is this a tactic to get other teams to forget about Argentina? If so, I doubt it will work cause Argentina is #1 ranked in the world after all.

Also, Luis Scola doesnt appear in that performance list so Im guessing Argentina didnt look to win that game.
    I don`t think it is a tactic. They rested some players like L.Scola and P.Quinteros. But still have a very competitive team that I think will qualify for the WC. But their point guards are not ready to play right now. Juan Pablo Figueroa, Juan Cantero and Juan Manuel Fernandez, will make they struggle a lot to win games in the Copa America. I really hope Pablo Prigioni plays, them we would be able to see the beautiful argentinean basketball game.

The team with Ginobili, Nocioni, Scola, Oberto, Prigioni, Hermaan, Delfino... is one of the best teams in the world. This team will have to play very hard to qualify, but I think they will, they can beat anyteam in the Copa America, but won`t be that easy. Scola we all know will make a huge difference in favor of them.

Quote Originally Posted by asdzas View Post

Brazil 95 x 67 Australia

Brazil

Australia

Forman 8pts 3boards

3rd place

Argentina

Garcia 22pts 2boards

Uruguai

Final positions

1st - Brazil
    2nd - Australia
    3rd - Uruguai
    4th- Argentina

I think bad pg play can be countered with good team play, but they will most definetly miss Priogni. What Im most worried about is their rebounding performance. Luis Scola has to get help down there, stats show that in 2007 he had a lot of help from Delfino and thats why they were great. In the game against Puerto Rico Scola played 32 minutes, in the first and second games against Brazil he played 39 and 40 minutes respectively. And thats the 2007 Fiba Americas where the only teams that had good rebounding in more than one player were P. Rico, Virgin Islands, Brazil, and the US. Argentina faced 3.

Now they have to face Virgin Islands with an experienced Cuthbert, along Kitwana, P. Rico and defending Fiba Americas champion Reyes, with Ramos, Brazil who have gotten Varejao to go with Splitter, and the dominican with Horford and Villanueva, for me those are the teams Argentina need to watch out for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    I really think it is. The dominicans have new players in the team, they still have to adjust and so, those things take their time. But they could surprise, I don't write that off. As for PR, there's is no big faith that they will win the Americas, you know the coach the team has, and it's not just me saying this, it's other Boricuas here as well
    So you´re saying that Varejao, who hasnt played for this team since 2006 and Barbosa who hasnt played since 2007 will fit right in with the team?

The only new player Ive heard the dominicans have is Villanueva. Horford has been with the team since the centrobasket in late 2008.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So you´re saying that Varejao, who hasnt played for this team since 2006 and Barbosa who hasnt played since 2007 will fit right in with the team?

The only new player Ive heard the dominicans have is Villanueva. Horford has been with the team since the centrobasket in late 2008.
    We'll see
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Point Guards:
    Joel Ramirez
    Edgar Sosa (played once but not with the senior Team)
    Carlos Morban
    Juan Coronado
    Richard Ortega
    Alvin Abreu

Shooting Guards:
    Francisco García
    Luis Flores(hasn't played since 2005, before that he has only played twice wit the NT)
    Kelvin Pena
    Ricardo Greer
    Sammy Mejia
    Manny Quezada
    Jose Olivero
    Sean Ogirri

SMALL FORWARD:
    Franklin Western
    Jeff Greer
    Santos Martinez

POWER FORWARD:
    Charlie Villanueva
    Jack Michael Martinez
    EULIS Baez
    Ivan Almonte (played only once in 2003)
    Josh Asselin (played only once in 2005)

CENTER:
    Al Horford
    Alejandro Salas

Manuel Guzman
    John Garcia

RED: players that have never played for the Dominican Before.

Blue: players that have only played once for the Dominican NT

Argentina now faces a very tough situation with its point guards. Figueroa, the one that had been steadier, might not even make it to the ToA. Fernández is not only unexperienced but also injured. Cantero is now a lock to be on the final roster, but unless Prigioni joins in time, Hernández might be forced to call on another PG in the middle of the preseason!

Quote Originally Posted by alermac View Post
    Argentina now faces a very tough situation with its point guards. Figueroa, the one that had been steadier, might not even make it to the ToA. Fernández is not only unexperienced but also injured. Cantero is now a lock to be on the final roster, but unless Prigioni joins in time, Hernández might be forced to call on another PG in the middle of the preseason!
    Where is Porta?
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Brazilian Basketball Confederation and CBB are fighting because Paulão and Rafael Luz

i guess that Paulão is already out of Copa America

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Brasil View Post
    Brazilian Basketball Confederation and CBB are fighting because Paulão and Rafael Luz

i guess that Paulão is already out of Copa America
    I think you meant "Unicaja and CBB are fighting". An yeah, Moncho confirmed that Paulão is out of Copa America.

Quote Originally Posted by ¹²³ View Post
    I think you meant "Unicaja and CBB are fighting". An yeah, Moncho confirmed that Paulão is out of Copa America.
    Is Paola a big loss for Argentina?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is Paola a big loss for Argentina?
    He is Brazilian, not Argentinian.

If Brazil had all the players at the center spot available he wouldn't really be necessary for the squad, but Nenê, Baby and Murilo are also out, so he would help quite a bit as a back-up for Splitter.

Like Draft Brasil said, Brazilian Confederation is in declaraded war against Unicaja.

The spanish club is trying to make Rafael Luz (a young PG prospect) a spanish due the advantages of this status in spanish league.

The problem is that Rafael Luz already had played for brazilian NT in a Sub15 tournament.

There is the following rule in the FIBA:

H.2.3.4 A player who has played in a main official competition of FIBA before reaching his seventeenth (17) birthday may play for a national team of another country if both national member federations agree; in the absence of an agreement the Secretary General decides“.

Of course Brazilian Confederation wont agree with Rafael´s naturalization. As Unicaja still trying to force it, CBB wont alow Luz to play there until he become 18 years old (actually, according to FIBA a sub18 player cant be transfered aboard until make 18, except in some restricted special cases).

Because of this issue, Unicaja used Paulão Prestes as bizarre revenge. They simply asked Paulão to let brazilian NT.

As a young player under contract, Paulão is very upset with this situation. He was the biggest loser with this war between CBB and Unicaja.

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF View Post
    Where is Porta?
    He wasn't called to the prelimiary roster. It was published a couple days ago that Hernández wasn't pleased with his off-field behavior last year, although no specific news came out abour it.

Moncho cut Guilherme Teichmann and Jefferson William from the Brazilian squad.

The roster is now with 13 players.

Fúlvio
    Duda
    Diego
    Olivinha
    Marcelinho Huertas
    Leandrinho
    Alex
    Tavernari
    Marcelinho Machado
    Anderson Varejão
    Tiago Splitter
    Guilherme Giovannoni
    JP Batista

Quote Originally Posted by ¹²³ View Post
    He is Brazilian, not Argentinian.

If Brazil had all the players at the center spot available he wouldn't really be necessary for the squad, but Nenê, Baby and Murilo are also out, so he would help quite a bit as a back-up for Splitter.
    Paulao is brazilian, Paola is argentinian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast