Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Brazil national team

Magnano's North America sojourn updated.
    http://www.dgabc.com.br/Noticia/1293...tletas-nos-eua
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Magnano's North America sojourn updated.
    http://www.dgabc.com.br/Noticia/1293...tletas-nos-eua
    It seems as if FIBA is considering not granting the host country a spot in the Olympic tournament. I'm not in favor of this idea. It's not that I'm a traditionalist, but fans of a host nation should be rewarded with seeing their country represented in the field. Plus, it's not as if Brazil is some weakling in international basketball. They're one of the top 15 programs in the world, so that should count for something. If FIBA is so concerned about losing a spot to a more deserving team, then they should expand the tournament; perhaps turn the qualifying tournament into a preliminary round of 16 teams and the top four move on to the next round, joining the 8 or 12 previously qualified teams.

Expanding the Olympic tournament isn't something Fiba is entitled to do. They've tried a few times with one of the Olympic comittees in charge of that, but never got past 12 participants and as far as I understood the whole thing is pretty much non-negotionable. That was one of the key reasons, Fiba started to threaten they'll start sending U22 teams to Olympics and overall diminish the competition in favour of their world championship unless they give them 16 teams on that tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Quote Originally Posted by Federoy View Post
    It seems as if FIBA is considering not granting the host country a spot in the Olympic tournament. I'm not in favor of this idea. It's not that I'm a traditionalist, but fans of a host nation should be rewarded with seeing their country represented in the field. Plus, it's not as if Brazil is some weakling in international basketball. They're one of the top 15 programs in the world, so that should count for something. If FIBA is so concerned about losing a spot to a more deserving team, then they should expand the tournament; perhaps turn the qualifying tournament into a preliminary round of 16 teams and the top four move on to the next round, joining the 8 or 12 previously qualified teams.
    I agree on granting Brazil's men and women's team automatic spots for Rio 2016. They deserve it despite last year's FIBA Americas debacle. Come Tokyo 2020 Olympics, about Japan's competence that's another story.
    Sacramento Kings

No NBA players in the Pan Am player pool, only NBB players and other Brazilians found abroad.
    http://rederecord.r7.com/pan-toronto...-2015-25052015
    Sacramento Kings

Murilo Becker

former Maccabi and Brazil NT... almost fight on the street. lol
    Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

National Brazilian Basketball Association FINALS

starts today 26/05

http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...tomorrow-26-05
    Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718