This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    Iran and Lebanon qualified for Asian Championships from west asia zone.
    Why ???????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jalaa_Syria View Post
      Why ???????????
      unfortunately the rest withdrew ! including Syria ! Syria and Iraq officially withdrew today !

source : Iranian basketball federation website

Originally posted by Asia-Basket.com
      Iran, Lebanon and Jordan will be in 25th FIBA Asia Championship - May 11, 2009 (by Mohammad Ahmadi)
      In WABA Schedule, Qualifying games for 25th FIBA Asia Championship was being played in Tehran to know two other qualified countries to be with Jordan in 25th FIBA Asia Championship .
      Teams were Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen. But the last three teams (Syria, Iraq and Yemen) announced that they will not attend this tournament and for sure from West Asia, Iran and Lebanon will be with Jordan in 25th FIBA Asia Championship on 6-16 August in Tianjin China.

Iran National Team with their new head coach, Veselin Matic , is going to defend their championship victory after defeating Lebanon for Asian Title in Aug. 5, 2007 .

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
        unfortunately the rest withdrew ! including Syria ! Syria and Iraq officially withdrew today !

source : Iranian basketball federation website

http://www.iranbasketball.org/News/a...ws.asp?id=7538
        Thanks god that we withdrew if we played against Iran & Lebanon with this bad team we will lose with very big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by seigle42 View Post
          no surprise! qatar nt players were sending a same from tokushima & 2007 jones cup players. their results were still normal.
          Yes not surprisingly as expected, Qatar sent naturalized african citizens in their national lineup. What an advantage they had. I dont know if their high-leaping captain Yaseen Muosa played too. I think just like the rest, he's african from Somalia.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            Well at least there is someone else that thinks that we're not in the best of conditions. I honestly believe that even with our full roster available (including Vogel and Khatib) we're still way behind China and to a lesser extent Iran. Jordan is preparing and naturalizing players left and right. Korea is always a threat. Kazakhstan and Philippines are on the rise. And we're still where we are .

smart-gilas (our college squad under toroman) is definitely on the rise. unfortunately, the team we're sending in FIBA Asia is another team composed of PBA players with little exposure to FIBA rules. we can only hope that it fares well against strong, big teams like lebanon. all other things being equal, i think our philippine team is only good for a fourth place finish.

Comment

Originally posted by andry View Post
              smart-gilas (our college squad under toroman) is definitely on the rise. unfortunately, the team we're sending in FIBA Asia is another team composed of PBA players with little exposure to FIBA rules. we can only hope that it fares well against strong, big teams like lebanon. all other things being equal, i think our philippine team is only good for a fourth place finish.
              By the way the post u replied to above was posted more than 5 months ago when alot of issues were still unclear about our NT.
              Things look much better now

Comment

1:china“A”(no yao)
                2:iran(nba player hadadi)
                3:lebanon(old player )
                4:kazakhstan
                5:qatar(more 6 america players)
                6:Korea
                7:jordan
                8:japan
                I love CHINA basketball NT~very very love my country team~BEST in ASIA~~

Comment

1 china
                  2-3 RP, Lebanon, Iran, Jordan
                  Oh come on, mamon!

Comment

when will the groups be revealed?

Comment

Originally posted by eliooo93 View Post
                      when will the groups be revealed?
                      after all the sub-zone qualifiers have finished: (ex. Southeast asia, east asia, gulf)

Comment

would you agree that we, Filipino NT, will win a slot in FIBA via SEABA?..

me?, yes i do believe so

but for the FIBA tournament, i have doubts if the Philippine NT will even reach the quarter finals,..
                        china, lebanon, kazakhstan, and iran, where would Philippines be?

after all the arguments about aguilar, giles and lutz, this is the rationale..
                        this is just my opinion anyway. don't mind me.

but i am challenging the poweraide NT, after all that have been said about the smart gilas and how unexperienced they are but still manage to shake the defense of other asian NT, it's the poweraide team's time show what they are made of..

sigpic

Comment

me?, yes i do believe so

but for the FIBA-asia tournament, i have doubts if the Philippine NT will even reach the quarter finals,..

but i am challenging the poweraide NT, after all that have been said about the smart gilas and how unexperienced they are but still manage to shake the defense of other asian NT, it's the poweraide team's time show what they are made of..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tamagurl87 View Post

me?, yes i do believe so

but for the FIBA-asia tournament, i have doubts if the Philippine NT will even reach the quarter finals,..

its powerade
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

with all ma respect for asian national teams and the Philis , Jordan Ahead to Turkey from now ......
                              pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

Originally posted by tamagurl87 View Post

me?, yes i do believe so

Yup. These are the Filipino fans. We can't even be united even in times of "war." The other countries must be laughing because even in our own backyard we can't even seem to be one.
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information