No announcement yet.

Latvia national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Blums playing like playmaker or shooting guard?

Comment

What does three stars on Latvia's T-shirts symbolises? Just curious
      2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
      2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
      MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
      All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
      All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
      2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Originally posted by aitorful View Post
        Is Blums playing like playmaker or shooting guard?
        Blums is combo guard for us. He plays some minutes as SG as well as PG.

Originally posted by re5pectas View Post
        What does three stars on Latvia's T-shirts symbolises? Just curious
        It's one of our national symbols - we've Freedom Monument where's those three stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Get Rich Or Die Playin View Post

It's one of our national symbols - we've Freedom Monument where's those three stars.
          Thanks, now I will know
          The sculpture holds three stars in its hands as a historical symbol of cultural regions of Latvia - Kurzeme, Latgale and Vidzeme.
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Unfortunately one of the best Latvian shooters Sandis Valters has shoulder injury and won't be able to play in Eurobasket

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. He fit into very well and I thought that he could be one of key players this championship. Definitely a big blow for Latvia.

Comment

Shocking news - Latvian power forward Kaspars Bērziņš, who signed this summer with Fuenlabrada and played in NBA Summer league, is suspended from the national team and won't play in Eurobasket. Reason - lack of discipline and laziness on the court.

Two years ago he was the last one not to make place in roster of Eurobasket 2007.

This is bad, now we have only two centers (Kambala, Biedriņš) and one power forward (Helmanis), who is more shooter than inside player...

Comment

I guess someone had to take the blame for recent poor prep results..
                  why Biedrins played only 10 minutes against Germany?
                  "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                    I guess someone had to take the blame for recent poor prep results..
                    why Biedrins played only 10 minutes against Germany?
                    Biedriņš has got a minor ankle injury, but the general manager of national team said, that it seems to be nothing serious. He claimed, that more information would be revealed in monday evening or tuesday, but still no news about that. So I hope, that injury is not serious and Biedriņš will be able to play in our last preparation game against Polish team "Prokom" on 3rd September.

Comment

Originally posted by a-Ha View Post
                      Shocking news - Latvian power forward Kaspars Bērziņš, who signed this summer with Fuenlabrada and played in NBA Summer league, is suspended from the national team and won't play in Eurobasket. Reason - lack of discipline and laziness on the court.
                      And it seems that Kambala, Biedrins and K. Valters decided to teach K. Kemzura and to skip the training because of that Latvians won't go anywhere far with that kind of attitude. I feel that this Latvian "dream team" will be a joke in this tournament as well.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        And it seems that Kambala, Biedrins and K. Valters decided to teach K. Kemzura and to skip the training because of that Latvians won't go anywhere far with that kind of attitude. I feel that this Latvian "dream team" will be a joke in this tournament as well.
                        It's little bit inaccurate info. At first there were a lot of rumors, but all three had reasons why they didn't practice. Kambala had little pain in elbow, K. Valters had temperature, while Biedrins had minor ankle injury. Nothing serious, but they had to skip few practices. Only Biedrins status is uncertain for tomorrow's friendly against Asseco Prokom. Decision will be made after mornings practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Time to change my predictions
                          My homage to The heroes:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Biedrins won't play in tonight's game against Assece Prokom, but he'll be in lineup when championship starts.

Comment

krepsinis.net writes that Kemzūra has an offer to stay in Latvian NT, while K.Valters is disqualified for 3 years, A.Skele - for 2 years, A.Biedrins, K.Kambala and K.Berzins for 1 year because of misbehavior. That's a pretty harsh punishment, isn't it? I thought they would just release the coach...

Comment

Kemzura has to decide whether he wants to sign extension with Latvia till October 15th. As expected Kristaps Valters, said that he won't continue his career in NT and he also got disqualified. Armands Šķēle also got suspension, but he has said that he's still open to playing in NT. Biedriņš, Kambala and Bērziņš has one year suspension conditionally.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information