Latvia national team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gytaz View Post
    What is Kambala's shape? Is he still as good as he used to be before his break from basketball?
    even better, Klicko bro's would have serious problem against him..
    in any sport they pick
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Latvia - Sweden 89:67

Latvian National team began test games as the part of preparations for the upcoming EuroBasket. They faced Sweden at the Arena Riga yesterday. Latvia showed excellent form rallying to a comfortable 22-point victory. Sandis Valters (193-G/F-78, agency: Arik Krayn Services) knocked down 16 points to lead the hosts.
      The teams kept it close in the opening minutes before Sandis Valters helped Latvia to a 10:5 run as they earned a 28:20 advantage at the first break. Sweden got within one in the second period but Latvia reacted with a 7:0 run to take a 40:32 lead. Latvia arrived at halftime leading by 6 points 45:39. The home team opened the second half with twelve unanswered points to clear off. Soon the margin grew at 20 points as Latvia took over completely. Sweden woke up just late in the frame cutting the deficit to 14 points with ten minutes remaining. But Latvia did not allow the visitors to spark any sort of intrigue rolling to a comfortable win at the end.
      Andris Biedrins (213-C-86) had 11 points, while Kaspars Kambala (206-C-78, college: UNLV) added 11 points and 11 boards for Latvia. Ernests Kalve (200-F-87) and Kristaps Valters (188-G-81) notched 10 points each for the winners. Jonathan Skoldebrand (203-C/F-83) responded with 14 points. Mats Levin (188-G-77) knocked down 11 points in defeat.

Latvia: Sandis Valters 16, Kaspars Kambala 11+11 boards, Andris Biedrins 11
      Sweden: Jonathan Skoldebrand 14, Mats Levin 11
      nice comeback by Kambala.. I really like this team.. ever since they beat us in Spain.. I guess no one is talking about them as a possible contender but I really think they are capable of beating almost any team on the EC..
      hopefully lack of concentration won't kill them like it did in Spain..
      maybe only Spain is out of their league until they meet in the final where spaniards would probably crack (they will crack no matter who they are playing )..
      I expect them to be first or second in their preliminary round group and expect them to put up a huge a fight for one of the places for WC..

Comment

They played another game vs Sweden and won again. This time though they played 5X10 and without spectators.

Latvia – Sweden 92:69 (21:14, 20:16, 23:7, 8:17, 21:15)
        Latvija: Kambala 14, Bērziņš 11, S. Valters 11, Blūms 10, Freimanis 9, Štālbergs 8, K. Valters 7, Biedriņš 6, Vītols 6, Helmanis 5, Šķēle 3, Kalve 2, Jeromanovs, Aleksejevs.

Comment

Lithuania - Latvia 66:66 (17:15, 21:17, 10:13, 18:21).

Lietuva: L.Kleiza 25, K.Lavrinovičius 11, T.Delininkaitis 10, M.Petravičius 7, R.Javtokas 6, J.Mačiulis 4, A.Jomantas 2, S.Jasaitis 1.

Latvija: K.Valteris 15, A.Biedrinis 12, A.Škelė ir K.Kambala - po 11.

If I understood correctly Kleiza hit a three in dying seconds to tie the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
            Lithuania - Latvia 66:66 (17:15, 21:17, 10:13, 18:21).

Lietuva: L.Kleiza 25, K.Lavrinovičius 11, T.Delininkaitis 10, M.Petravičius 7, R.Javtokas 6, J.Mačiulis 4, A.Jomantas 2, S.Jasaitis 1.

Latvija: K.Valteris 15, A.Biedrinis 12, A.Škelė ir K.Kambala - po 11.

If I understood correctly Kleiza hit a three in dying seconds to tie the game?
            The game is not over yet.

Latvia was ahead by 3 with ~15 seconds left. Jasaitis made the 1st free-throw but missed the second. Kleiza got an offensive rebound and made a layup. Latvia still had ~10 seconds but lost the ball.

Final score after an OT - LTU 77:75 LAT

It was a great game, though. Really entertaining.

Comment

thanks for the update..

Comment

Head coach of Lithuania, Ramunas Butautas: "Latvians have assembled their best team in 20 years at least"

Indeed, their roster this year is great. I'd say better than that of Russia with or without Kirilenko and clearly better than Germany. The Biedrins/Kambala duo makes a frountcourt that definitely needs to be taken into account and their guards might not be worldwide known names, but if they shoot the way they can, everyone will have a very hard time with them and few will escape victorious. With the not that convincing France around, they have a real chance of advancing as first from the group and getting into the quarters at least. It is only up to them.

Comment

Latvia - Lithuania 81-79

great game, very exciting to watch..
                  full hall, both teams fighting for each ball, both coaches not willing to let it go,..
                  it was almost like a championship game..
                  refs made some dubious decisions but it was a friendly...
                  Kleiza's three pointer for 78-80 was huge
                  Kambala played great, he brought the latvians back from a double digit deficit with some nice moves and the went crazy..
                  really nice to see him plays like that, I wonder why didn't he move to some euroleague team..

Comment

Ahhh, braliukai weren't friendly to us (by all meanings) today
                    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A. View Post
                      Ahhh, braliukai weren't friendly to us (by all meanings) today
                      that's exactly my thoughts, teams were fighting like angry dogs. I didnt see anything friendly in this game. But very intriguing ending and very entertaining. Latvia seems to have really nice team this year, good for them. Also after Kambala tried to elbow Jomantas, i was really thirsty for some blood and revenge. lol. Pity Jomantas missed both FT at the end. Kleiza was huge in the 4th quarter

Comment

Very intense game. I can agree that referees were not very professional, but we in Latvia are starting to get used to it. I'm not saying that Latvia won because of referees, the strenghts of both teams were equal like it was two days ago. The second half of the match seemed more like fight sport than basketball, and we know that Kambala is very good in tough game.

Anyway, good luck braliukas, see you in the final

Comment

Originally posted by Jan van Grabski View Post
                          that's exactly my thoughts, teams were fighting like angry dogs. I didnt see anything friendly in this game. But very intriguing ending and very entertaining. Latvia seems to have really nice team this year, good for them. Also after Kambala tried to elbow Jomantas, i was really thirsty for some blood and revenge. lol. Pity Jomantas missed both FT at the end.
                          well Kleiza also wasn't really gentle with his foul in the last seconds of the game..
                          anyway IMO teams could learn more from friendlies like this then from "oh it's only a friendly" game..
                          although a game like this probably came a little bit early.. for both teams..

Comment

Perfect preparation game! And perfect game to watch as a basketball fan.. The game that got everything. I think both coaches are 100% satisfied with both games, played in Kaunas and Riga.

I hope we will meet again in Poland, then we will put every points on i.
                            Best wishes to our braliukas!

Comment

I'm watching now the 1st game between these 2 teams and allready in the 1st quarter I've quite a few spectacular plays by a Latvian Pg.Is it Kristaps Valters(do you know who started the game?)Is he really that good,because I remember him not doing well in Panionios but it's a long time ago.I heard he signed with Badalona and in this game he plays like a top pg,smart but spectacular too,like a more experienced version of Nick Kalathes!Please sb who's following him closely explain me!

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                                I'm watching now the 1st game between these 2 teams and allready in the 1st quarter I've quite a few spectacular plays by a Latvian Pg.Is it Kristaps Valters(do you know who started the game?)Is he really that good,because I remember him not doing well in Panionios but it's a long time ago.I heard he signed with Badalona and in this game he plays like a top pg,smart but spectacular too,like a more experienced version of Nick Kalathes!Please sb who's following him closely explain me!
                                I think he is the most improved player this year in Latvian national team.
                                The last season with Fuenlabrada was good 11,1p 4,8 as 3,2 r per game 3p 48%
                                I think he is now better than R. Shtelmahers who was the long time a latvian team leader.
                                If Valters can improve his play he maybe top5 pg in europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information