Thread: Traveling to Vancouver, BC, Canada

Default Traveling to Vancouver, BC, Canada

What are your thoughts about Vancouver? Have you ever been? I am thinking about heading to Vancouver and was wondering what everyone thought... maybe suggestions?

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    What are your thoughts about Vancouver? Have you ever been? I am thinking about heading to Vancouver and was wondering what everyone thought... maybe suggestions?

Stuart
    Toronto > Vancouver

No, honestly, never been in Vancouver before. I'm in love with Canada though, not really because of the cities (although Quebec was kinda nice - Toronto is ok) but because of the wonderful nature. I've met some mountain guides from BC in Ontario (I love the lakes in Ontario) and they showed me pictures of where they were from in BC - forget Vancouver, get a car and drive around in BC, it must be worth it - at least if you're as much into cottages, wild nature and trout fishing as I am

I used to live in Detroit and visited Toronto several times, so kind of tired of Toronto, but it is a nice city. I loved Montreal so I was wondering how Vancouver compared to those cities.

Stuart

Nogales, Sonora -Home of Ana G. Guevara & Omar Quintero

Vancouver is a must dude, it is such a beautiful city, I have been all around Canada also (Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Winnipeg and Vancouver) and I'd say Vancouver is tie in 1st with Quebec.

You get everything in Vancouver, sea, nature and the big city.

PS. You got to take the ferry to Victoria Island and the Grizz stadium

Dude just so you know Van city is in B.C lol. you can hit vancouver than check out the mountains or somthing lol. I'm canadian but i've never been to
    vancouver.

I know its cold

accually Vancouver is going through a heat wave now. The temp is probaly
    in the mid to high 30's C maybe even low 40's.

I used to live in Detroit and visited Toronto several times, so kind of tired of Toronto, but it is a nice city. I loved Montreal so I was wondering how Vancouver compared to those cities.

Stuart
    Toronto is nothing special anyways imo, a nice big city but nothing more, I liked Quebec much more.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxballer
    Dude just so you know Van city is in B.C lol. you can hit vancouver than check out the mountains or somthing lol. I'm canadian but i've never been to
    vancouver.
    That's what I meant, when you're already there anyways better get a car and drive out and check out the nature... at least when you're as much into cottages, wild nature and trout fishing as I am
    There are people of course who're not and who prefer visiting and exploring a city like Vancouver (well, to be honest I'd do both, visiting the city and going into the nature, did the same with Toronto and Quebec).

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

I hate to be typical, but shouldn't this thread be in the newly-created "Travel" subforum?

Never been to Vancouver myself, even though I know plenty of people that been there and even lived there. They all say the place is great, with a unique feeling. Lucky you man.

By the way, how come you're going there Stu? Vacations or some kind of bussiness?
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    I hate to be typical, but shouldn't this thread be in the newly-created "Travel" subforum?
    Aw crap, I meant to start the thread there. (moves thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    By the way, how come you're going there Stu? Vacations or some kind of bussiness?
    Definitely pleasure. I live in San Francisco thus Southern California and the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle and Vancouver) are relatively short flights for me, so they're on my shortlist for short jaunts and extended weekends.

Stuart

I dunno how you can hate on Toronto. Its not the nicest loooking
    city but has a a lot of culture because it is after all the most
    multicultural city in the world. The food here is amazing, we have
    every ethnic food imaginable. I personally love Toronto but i am
    from Toronto so that may explain things lol.

toronto is overrated. dont listen to ajaxballer i soemtiems hop the border so i can dip my frnech fries in gravy or that other canadian dipping sauce which has mayo and ketchup or whatever the combo is. i suggest vancouver.

lol you told me about the mayo thing before i've never even heard of that, i hate mayo lol. I've never been to Vancouver so i can't judge, one of these days i'll
    give you a good tour of Toronto man.

Nogales, Sonora -Home of Ana G. Guevara & Omar Quintero

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxballer
    I dunno how you can hate on Toronto. Its not the nicest loooking
    city but has a a lot of culture because it is after all the most
    multicultural city in the world. The food here is amazing, we have
    every ethnic food imaginable. I personally love Toronto but i am
    from Toronto so that may explain things lol.
    See when I was there, I stayed at the Skydome and we walk around that area for a while, then we took the subway to some other place, I don't know why we did not like Toronto, it is true, we did not find anything great besides the skydome and AirCanada arena But I think we did not go to the good spots. I think Toronto can be a great visit, if you know exactly where to go, and what to do, that's the feeling I have. It was four of us on that trip and out of all the cities we visited Toronto was the one we liked the least. Maybe next time I'll prepare better before I go there...

Default Poutine!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantim3dx
    so i can dip my frnech fries in gravy
    Poutine! I remember that, crossed over to Windsor one time with my friends, stopped at a McDonalds and had no idea what it was.

Stuart

Poutine! I remember that, crossed over to Windsor one time with my friends, stopped at a McDonalds and had no idea what it was.

Stuart
    yeah thats one of many wonderful combos canada has to offer. i guess thats what happens when british and frnech customs are intermixed. like mayo and worcester sauce