The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rikhardur
    Was that comment directed to me? If it was, well, those are the films I truly like, I didn't name them just to impress or make believe that I'm more sophisticated than the others you know I assure that I don't have that sort of personality
    Not at all, but your list is quite impressive. Are you flirting? tsk tsk.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
      Not at all, but your list is quite impressive. Are you flirting? tsk tsk.
      Haha surely not
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
        Musical: I don't like musicals.
        Originally posted by rind
        Musical:Dancer in the Dark (2000)
        oh, I suddenly remembered I loved musicals
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I also hate musicals, but the only one which I simply loved was Dancer in the Dark too Lars von Trier is a genius indeed
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Still not a lot of newer films in this thread. We must all be hard to please.

I haven't managed to see Dancer in the Dark yet. That's the one with Bjork right?
            Michelle Tackabery
            Tackabery Chronicle
            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Hm I really got curious what is so exciting about that musical "Dancer in the Dark", it has been already added to my "must see" movies list. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by YYY
                Hm I really got curious what is so exciting about that musical "Dancer in the Dark", it has been already added to my "must see" movies list. ;-)
                Prepare thyself for really strong emotions
                Björk's a superb actress although she isn't one, which makes it even more remarkable.
                Artificial Nature

Comment

As the year comes to an end, polls of every kind can be seen around :P;

What was the best film you watched in 2006?

The Prestige was my favorite. I always like the movies that you can discuss about and produce your own theories later on.

I also enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin very much.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I also enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin very much.
                    Indeed. I enjoyed that very much. I was also surprised by "Running Scared". Not really my kind of movie but this one was great
                    sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

First of all i am not that guy who enjoys watching films. I am old school representative who prefers reading books.
                      I saw 15 films at best this year and maybe 5 which was released in 2006.
                      Secondly i am mostly watching sci-fi movies.
                      My favourites movies are 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, Dark City.

As I said maybe i saw 5 films which was released this year and from those 5 films jackass 2 was the best
                      yes it is ridiculous, disgusting, stupid film but this one was of those few rear movies where i laughed non-stop all hour and a half. You just love it or hate it.

Comment

1. The House of The Spirits (1993, USA)
                        The book was quite captivating too

I can not give them in an order like some of you did but here are the ones I like:

Godfather I and II, Apocalypse Now, Memento, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, AI, 2001: A Space Odyssey (even made me see strange dreams), The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Leon, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Green Mile, Matrix, Kill Bill, The Shawshank Redemption, V for Vendetta, Forrest Gump, Das Boot, Amadeus...

Comment

I agree with sariss' picks, I really loved both The Prestige and Lucky Number Slevin; The Prestige because it was fascinating, different, historical, quirky, and kept you guessing, and Lucky Number Slevin just because it was fun and didn't take itself seriously.

I just saw The Good Shepherd, which I thought was very interesting and my husband hated. I am waffling on whether I think De Niro meant for Matt Damon to be such a cipher in this movie, or did a bad job. Because it's either a work of staggering genius or a three-hour indulgent piece of crap. But the other acting is fabulous.

My other favorites: (all big budget movies practically! I am a slave to Hollywood apparently)
                          Thank You for Smoking - perhaps this was only hysterical to me because I work for personal injury lawyers. The scenes in the restaurant with the other merchants of death are my favorite.
                          Good Night and Good Luck -
                          a really interesting movie that made me think about a lot of things.
                          V for Vendetta -
                          just fascinating on so many levels, also makes me think each time. I think I have to buy a copy of this one.
                          Inside Man -
                          very tight thriller, I totally bought it all the way through. Plus, Jodie Foster was in it.
                          X-Men 3 -
                          big-budget mayhem with unbelievable effects.
                          Walk the Line -
                          I adore movies about musicians that are this good.
                          An Inconvenient Truth -
                          because.

Movies I still very much want to see:
                          The Fountain - I have loved all of Aronofsky's movies so I know I will like this one.
                          Babel - ditto this director.
                          Volver
                          - ditto.
                          The Queen
                          - ditto. Stephen Frears does no wrong.
                          Pan's Labryinth
                          - just read two great reviews of this one and now I really want to see it now but it's not here yet!
                          Curse of the Golden Flower -
                          oh, and ditto again. Raise the Red Lantern is one of my all-time favorite movies and I just adore Gong Li. I will definitely watch Miami Vice a few times more just for her.

did I just spend 10 minutes on this thread? I need to find other diversions.
                          Michelle Tackabery
                          Tackabery Chronicle
                          Durham, NC, USA

Comment

American history X
                            American Me
                            My family
                            Jack ass
                            "you aint heard being latin is in style your the s**t now with that black hair brown eye profile" Aztek Escobar

Comment

My list has not changed:

LA Takedown, The Big Blue, Three days of the condor, The Usual Suspects, Layer Cake and Amelie (and yes, it still had to be six).
                              Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

what's your favorite movie??

i think mine is eurotrip. i just couldn't stop laughing i can watch it 1000 times and it'll never get boring
                                so what's yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information