Page 35 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Filipino Ballers in the US...News and Updates

Sir Nardy,

I have a suggestion for SBP, I think guys like Ray Parks and other fil-am prospects should represents team-asia in the adidas Nations global challenge and and Nike Global challenge...Only China, Taiwan and Australia represented team asia, It's not only for good exposure but the level of competition is really high...

Here are the line-ups

http://www.adidasnations.com/index.php?page=asiablue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWs59TjhZew

Quote Originally Posted by alex15 View Post
    Sir Nardy,

I have a suggestion for SBP, I think guys like Ray Parks and other fil-am prospects should represents team-asia in the adidas Nations global challenge and and Nike Global challenge...Only China, Taiwan and Australia represented team asia, It's not only for good exposure but the level of competition is really high...

Here are the line-ups

http://www.adidasnations.com/index.php?page=asiablue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWs59TjhZew
    We can only invite them but hopefully they do comes sans the outrageous demands we are getting lately.

We have to face reality that majority of our young Fil-American players who are really that talented would rather stay in the US and play with AAU traveling teams in order to get exposed to the scouts and coaches for the US Division I NCAA teams, NBA and Euroleague teams. Another thing, their demands like free airfare, board and lodging, allowances not only for the player but for a full entourage is just too expensive for the SBP to foot. The way the other international teams are pampering their players is taking its toll on the much smaller and poorer countries like us who could not afford these things.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    We can only invite them but hopefully they do comes sans the outrageous demands we are getting lately.

We have to face reality that majority of our young Fil-American players who are really that talented would rather stay in the US and play with AAU traveling teams in order to get exposed to the scouts and coaches for the US Division I NCAA teams, NBA and Euroleague teams. Another thing, their demands like free airfare, board and lodging, allowances not only for the player but for a full entourage is just too expensive for the SBP to foot. The way the other international teams are pampering their players is taking its toll on the much smaller and poorer countries like us who could not afford these things.
    The adidas Nations Global Challenge is in Portland,Oregon...Eric Musscleman is the Coach of team Asia, I don't know how did they formed the team...I think Adidas will take care of everything if you are in the camp...

I hope we can send more our players abroad, I noticed everytime we have an event like this Chinese player always dominate the roster.A player from taiwan also participated in the Lebron James Academy...

If SBP can refer Ray Parks and Lamb to these camp, I think their skill level will improve...
    Last edited by alex15; 08-09-2009 at 05:45 AM.

The adidas Nations Global Challenge is in Portland,Oregon...Eric Musscleman is the Coach of team Asia, I don't know how did they formed the team...I think Adidas will take care of everything if you are in the camp...

I hope we can send more our players abroad, I noticed everytime we have an event like this Chinese player always dominate the roster.A player from taiwan also participated in the Lebron James Academy...

If SBP can refer Ray Parks and Lamb to these camp, I think their skill level will improve...

Lamb?

Quote Originally Posted by logre23 View Post
    Lamb?

I think Sir Nardy should be the one to reveal this one Props to him for finding this High-major player....The guy is being compared to Aaron Afflalo...

I think Sir Nardy should be the one to reveal this one Props to him for finding this High-major player....The guy is being compared to Aaron Afflalo...
    afflalo = guard

could be 1 of them?

Tyler Lamb of California

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3168608

Daron Lamb

http://michigan.rivals.com/viewprosp...2&pr_key=68206

yohoo....nardy.

afflalo = guard

could be 1 of them?

Tyler Lamb of California

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3168608

Daron Lamb

http://michigan.rivals.com/viewprosp...2&pr_key=68206

yohoo....nardy.
    Woooot!!! Di ka naman makapaghintay hehehe...It's Tyler bro....

check his youtube vid...and he's a 4* prospects...committed to UCLA...

Woooot!!! Di ka naman makapaghintay hehehe...It's Tyler bro....

check his youtube vid...and he's a 4* prospects...committed to UCLA...
    hahaha...actually i saw it already. seems better than ray...mom is pinay?

Senior Member ultimate_baller24's Avatar

hahaha...actually i saw it already. seems better than ray...mom is pinay?
    tyler lamb 6'5'' SG 190lbs. 95(scouts grade in espn) rank: 35
    committed:ucla(verbal)niceee!!fine guys!!

Senior Member ultimate_baller24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
    tyler lamb 6'5'' SG 190lbs. 95(scouts grade in espn) rank: 35
    committed:ucla(verbal)niceee!!fine guys!!

By Bruin Basketball Report

Junior Tyler Lamb (video) gave UCLA his verbal commitment last week to join its 2010 freshman class.

Lamb, a skilled 6'5 190 lb shooting guard, is an excellent perimeter player with a great feel for the game. He had attended Colony High School in Ontario the past two years but is expected to enroll and play at Mater Dei this season.

He joins guard Kendall Williams, the Los Osos HS star who committed to the Bruins as a sophomore, in the backcourt. Both players can not officially commit in writing to UCLA until November 2009.

Lamb averaged 27 points, 4.8 assists, and 5.3 steals last season. The junior sharpshooter had also considered USC, Washington, Arizona, Louisville, and Memphis.

(photo credit: ESPN)

rBd1004

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
    By Bruin Basketball Report

Junior Tyler Lamb (video) gave UCLA his verbal commitment last week to join its 2010 freshman class.

Lamb, a skilled 6'5 190 lb shooting guard, is an excellent perimeter player with a great feel for the game. He had attended Colony High School in Ontario the past two years but is expected to enroll and play at Mater Dei this season.

He joins guard Kendall Williams, the Los Osos HS star who committed to the Bruins as a sophomore, in the backcourt. Both players can not officially commit in writing to UCLA until November 2009.

Lamb averaged 27 points, 4.8 assists, and 5.3 steals last season. The junior sharpshooter had also considered USC, Washington, Arizona, Louisville, and Memphis.

(photo credit: ESPN)
    wow impressive stats!!! is he really a fil-am?

Sir Nardy,

Is this Tyler Lamb really a Fil-am? If so, jave you made contact already? Hope we beat the US to him. He's a lot better than Ray Parks. No disrespect to Ray but this kid is on a whole nother level.

http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

UCLA is one of the best basketball schools in the US NCAA Division 1. It has a long history of excellence in basketball. And to have a player recruited by that team ..... then this Tyler Lamb must be really, really good.

I hope we get a confirmation about Tyler being a Fil-Am. If so ..... then welcome to basketball greatness in the Philippines, Tyler!

rBd1004

I ask sir nardy about tyler lamb he is a legitimate filam!!!!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    We can only invite them but hopefully they do comes sans the outrageous demands we are getting lately..... The way the other international teams are pampering their players is taking its toll on the much smaller and poorer countries like us who could not afford these things.
    How come our country can afford $20,000 dinners and $20,000 per night hotel stays but not airfare for athletes who can potentially represent the country?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jepoy View Post
    sir, is that kid beside the coach a fil am playing for hooptown? how old is he? he looks like a half breed. its just my observation. thank u
    That kid is a pure breed:-) The one to his left is also a pure breed, if not the thoroughbred (he's ranked in the top 30 Southern California prospects by ESPN.com). You should look at all the pinoys to their left. Those are 6'4", 6'6" and 6'5" barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroPenduko View Post
    How come our country can afford $20,000 dinners and $20,000 per night hotel stays but not airfare for athletes who can potentially represent the country?
    The Executive is state funded while SBP is based on private funding and therefore will not commit to finance unreasonable individuals. It kind of sets a bad example towards the Smart Gilas players who are committed.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroPenduko View Post
    That kid is a pure breed:-) The one to his left is also a pure breed, if not the thoroughbred (he's ranked in the top 30 Southern California prospects by ESPN.com). You should look at all the pinoys to their left. Those are 6'4", 6'6" and 6'5" barefoot.
    sir, can you name them please??? (especially the pinoys)

Dead Lizard.

Default more on Tyler Lamb

Lamb looking at IU

Add Ontario (Calif.) Colony junior guard Tyler Lamb to the list of players taking a peek at Tom Crean's program at Indiana University.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Lamb had a solid showing in Las Vegas at the adidas Super 64 and told me his list of schools includes, UCLA, USC, Texas, Tennessee, Marquette and the Hoosiers.

"I have a lot of interest in Indiana," Lamb said. "They are one of the top schools right now. It's a great place and coach Crean is a player's coach. I like him a lot."

Lamb said he's in no hurry to make a decision, noting he will "play it out."

"I'm working on my game this summer and I am not in a rush at all," Lamb said.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Default Bobby Ray Parks jr.

Update

Ray will not longer play for St. George's he will transfer to Olive Branch High School in Mississipi 5-A Division 1 Region 1 school. The toughest high school tournament in the state. Rumors he will only stay in Ms for a month and he will be transfering again to Ridgeway high school. To avoid sitting out this season.

Olive Branch high school is a good basketball school but academics is not that great. A lot of players is having a hard to become eligible for college.

Page 35 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast