No announcement yet.

Bulgaria NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it may come as a surprise but we are indeed talking about Vasco Evtimov and not his younger brother Ilyan. It's kinda funny. In a pretty much unprecedented case, Vasco took permission by FIBA (following an allowance letter by the French federation) to play for the Bulgarian NT despite having played for the French one in the past (I heard something about him being eligible to play for another NT because he did not play for France for more than 6 years or something but I did not quite get it). Funnily enough the French federation did not give such a letter for his younger brother as they believe that he can develop into something good enough to be eligible to play for them in the future (in reality they will probably give him the letter too but only after some time).

I know, it's kinda weird I have to say
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

interesting.... thanks for info. i didn't know that
      Remember September 2003!!!

Comment

The Evtimovi recently practiced in Frankfurt together.Vasko looks in shape and lost some weight since the last time I saw him.
        Is he counted as a naturalised player?

I from Wisconsin!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado View Post
          The Evtimovi recently practiced in Frankfurt together.Vasko looks in shape and lost some weight since the last time I saw him.
          Is he counted as a naturalised player?
          I don't think so. They have Ibby Jaaber as a naturalised player, they can't have another one.

Comment

Decisions Ahead For Bulgaria Boss

Bulgaria coach Pini Gershon has admitted he is no closer to knowing which American-born player will be in his squad for the EuroBasket in Poland this September.

Both Andre Owens and Earl Rowland are available to Gershon after receiving their Bulgarian passports in the last few days, but Gershon can only select one.

The pair were impressive in a 103-74 friendly win over Portugal on Wednesday night that has only given Gershon more food for thought.

"It is still early to say which American has done better," he said. "We need some more time to determine whether Owens or Rowland will join the team for the EuroBasket in September."

Owens scored 14 points in the game, while Rowland contributed nine points, four rebounds and three assists in limited minutes.

Bulgaria will line up against Portugal again on Thursday, with Gershon aiming to take a look at all the players in his squad before making decisions about his final 12-man group.

"We have a lot of players, the group is large and not everybody played in this game," he said. "Tomorrow we will look at a few other players."

Bulgaria got off to a lightning quick start in the game, racing out to a 16-2 lead after five minutes.
            Portugal could not keep pace and fell into a 25-point hole in the first half.

But the contest was much more even after the break, and Gershon knows the fast start helped to mask a few issues his team must still work on.

"As a first test I was pleased with how we did," he said. "We played better attacking than we did defending, but we must emphasise we are still training at the moment.
            "In the second half we did not do so well defending, but we have enough time left to prepare before we go to Poland."
            Dejan Ivanov and Filip Videnov led Bulgaria with 15 points each, while Todor Stoykov also had 14.

Bulgaria have been drawn in Group D for EuroBasket, along with hosts Poland, Turkey and Lithuania.

Portugal still have hopes of being in Poland too, but must first come through the Additional Qualifying Round, in which they will face Bosnia and Herzegovina next Wednesday.

Despite the heavy defeat, the Portuguese got encouraging performances from Jorge Coelho, who poured in 21 points, and Joao Santos, who had 17.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

So Jaaber is out for sure? what's the reason? somehow I missed that

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                So Jaaber is out for sure? what's the reason? somehow I missed that
                Because at the same time as the Eurobasket 2009 the muslims have their Ramazan month and Jaaber(as strict follower of the islam) wont eat or drink during daytime
                Don't worry, we have two other americans to choose from
                47-70
                76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo View Post
                  Because at the same time as the Eurobasket 2009 the muslims have their Ramazan month and Jaaber(as strict follower of the islam) wont eat or drink during daytime
                  Don't worry, we have two other americans to choose from
                  Do u know that Hakeem Olajuwon used to play NBA games while he was fasting if the games were during the day? (But then again it depends on the person. Some people can do it, some can't)

Comment

Jaaber should pull a Koufos or Calathes and play for Iran.

Comment

Bulgaria - Montenegro 65-88

Gershon doesn't even looks mad..
                      Peković got a really big tattoo on his left shoulder and arm..
                      Montenegro had 38 point lead in fourth quarter before they relaxed a bit..
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

The twins are out. Pini kicked out Kaloyan Ivanov, because he started throwing fits after being subbed out against Montenegro. Of course his brother - Deyan, said that if his brother is out - he is out too. Also Hristo Nikolov and Aleksandar Yanev wont be part of the roster.

BTW: Pini is trying to convince Deyan to stay in the roster.
                        47-70
                        76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                          Montenegro had 38 point lead in fourth quarter before they relaxed a bit..
                          Ouch! Did Evtimov play? How did he look?
                          Michelle Tackabery
                          Tackabery Chronicle
                          Durham, NC, USA

Comment

He played bad and on top of that he got injured in the 3th Q
                            47-70
                            76-58

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo View Post
                              The twins are out. Pini kicked out Kaloyan Ivanov, because he started throwing fits after being subbed out against Montenegro. Of course his brother - Deyan, said that if his brother is out - he is out too. Also Hristo Nikolov and Aleksandar Yanev wont be part of the roster.

BTW: Pini is trying to convince Deyan to stay in the roster.
                              they are both back now? right?
                              they were given some minor money penalties..
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Bulgaria w/o deyan Ivanov and Ibby jaaber is most likely to compete with Germany for the 15th position.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information