This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
    Here is the scouting video of Tolga Geçim. He is the brightest Turkish prospect. Definitely better potential than Osman, Ulubay and Korkmaz. Look at his court vision. He has a court vision like Spanoulis or Teodosic. I want him to be main character in National Team.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8wyswwgv4
    Better potential than Korkmaz ? Korkmaz's athleticism alone makes him way better prospect than that kid

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
      Better potential than Korkmaz ? Korkmaz's athleticism alone makes him way better prospect than that kid
      I like Korkmaz too but this guy's court vision makes his potential limitless. Players with high basketball IQ makes difference. I hope both will be good stuffs for NT.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I like Korkmaz too but this guy's court vision makes his potential limitless. Players with high basketball IQ makes difference. I hope both will be good stuffs for NT.
        We are talking about POTENTIAL you can teach how to pass,how to shoot but cant teach athleticism and length also Korkmaz is a very good shooter, his athleticism and lenght says he has alot more potential than that kid

Comment

We are talking about POTENTIAL you can teach how to pass,how to shoot but cant teach athleticism and length also Korkmaz is a very good shooter, his athleticism and lenght says he has alot more potential than that kid
          He has a name and I am sure his name is not kid. Tolga Geçim. How many games of Geçim did you watch and talking about him?
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

He has a name and I am sure his name is not kid. Tolga Geçim. How many games of Geçim did you watch and talking about him?
            Do you know what potential is means ? you said he has a higher potential than Korkmaz, he can be a good passer but he will never be as athletic as Korkmaz its more likely Korkmaz will learn to pass like him,also Korkmaz way better shooter than him, Korkmaz's length,Athleticism,defense,shooting makes him an unique complete player, he has potenial to be true 2 way player.

This is why freak athletes getting drafted way higher in the NBA draft based on POTENTIAL, yon can teach them how to play and its not like Korkmaz is a raw athlete hes already very good fundamentally

Comment

Do you know what potential is means ? you said he has a higher potential than Korkmaz, he can be a good passer but he will never be as athletic as Korkmaz its more likely Korkmaz will learn to pass like him,also Korkmaz way better shooter than him, Korkmaz's length,Athleticism,defense,shooting makes him an unique complete player, he has potenial to be true 2 way player.

This is why freak athletes getting drafted way higher in the NBA draft based on POTENTIAL, yon can teach them how to play and its not like Korkmaz is a raw athlete hes already very good fundamentally
              Man what are you trying to prove? I already mention how great potential Korkmaz is. NBA draft selection is a enormous zero for me. Nba and European basketball is different and when we make classification between players, we should consider whether they are Nba or Euroleague type of players. This is my subjective comment on Geçim. He made a double double against Fener this year. He has natural born skills. Court vision is a really different skill and hard to learn for players who has limited one. Again and again I hope they will end their careers with a lot of success. Geçim is one step ahead of Korkmaz in European conditions for me.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Man what are you trying to prove? I already mention how great potential Korkmaz is. NBA draft selection is a enormous zero for me. Nba and European basketball is different and when we make classification between players, we should consider whether they are Nba or Euroleague type of players. This is my subjective comment on Geçim. He made a double double against Fener this year. He has natural born skills. Court vision is a really different skill and hard to learn for players who has limited one. Again and again I hope they will end their careers with a lot of success. Geçim is one step ahead of Korkmaz in European conditions for me.
                Which skill of Korkmaz is not suited for european ball ? His shooting ? Also athleticism works at everywhere, Bo McCalebb was playing with pure athleticism nothing more, and can we say he was a bad euro league player ? Just because someone can pass, it doesnt make them directly a better Euro league player, shooting still the most important skill for European basketball and Gecim can not shoot.

Anyway i gotta sleep GN.

Comment

Which skill of Korkmaz is not suited for european ball ? His shooting ? Also athleticism works at everywhere, Bo McCalebb was playing with pure athleticism nothing more, and can we say he was a bad euro league player ? Just because someone can pass, it doesnt make them directly a better Euro league player, shooting still the most important skill for European basketball and Gecim can not shoot
                  Did I say Korkmaz is not suitable for European Basketball? We will see what will happen. Geçim is not a great shooter but he will improve himself. Players like Geçim makes me more excited that's all. I am saying court vision, you are saying passing skill bro. Meaningless discussion really. Korkmaz is great. What do you expect from me to say, I have faith in Geçim, he will be a different type of player.
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Career high for Cedi Osman against Türk Telekom in playoffs. 20 points (5/5 threes). Beside his score potential, I like the energy that he is contributing. He again locked his opponents today. Bravo Jedi the Knight
                    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Anyone know much about Mertcan Solkol? Looks like an amazing athlete, 1996 born, but I can't find anything on him as far as statistitics, just that he supposedly has played for Karsiyaka.

Comment

I think all Turkish fans interested in basketball are very optimist for the future of Turkish basketball.

We have great talent depth starting 95 generation. At the moment I can say PG and PF positions didn't show a "diamond" yet, but on other positions we have 2 or 3 players that can really contribute.

PG: Kenan Sipahi (95), Kartal Ozmizrak (95), Berk Ugurlu (96), Omer Al (98), Cavit Ege Havsa (97)
                        SG: Furkan Korkmaz (97), Enes Taskiran (97), Onuralp Bitim (99), Muhaymin Mustafa (99)
                        SF: Cedi Osman (95), Tolga Gecim (96), Okben Ulubay (96), Egehan Arna (97)
                        PF: Metecan Birsen (95), Ege Arar (96)
                        C: Emircan Kosut (95), Egemen Guven (96), Omer Yurtseven (98), Ahmet Duran (99)

That chart impressed me hell a lot with some additions like Enes Kanter (92), Furkan Aldemir (91), Samet Geyik (93), Melih Mahmutoglu (99).
                        If these kids keep up working and respect their talents 2017 and 2019 European championships should be targets with these generations.
                        It will be a crown if they can participate 2020 Olympic Games.
                        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                          I think all Turkish fans interested in basketball are very optimist for the future of Turkish basketball.

We have great talent depth starting 95 generation. At the moment I can say PG and PF positions didn't show a "diamond" yet, but on other positions we have 2 or 3 players that can really contribute.

PG: Kenan Sipahi (95), Kartal Ozmizrak (95), Berk Ugurlu (96), Omer Al (98), Cavit Ege Havsa (97)
                          SG: Furkan Korkmaz (97), Enes Taskiran (97), Onuralp Bitim (99), Muhaymin Mustafa (99)
                          SF: Cedi Osman (95), Tolga Gecim (96), Okben Ulubay (96), Egehan Arna (97)
                          PF: Metecan Birsen (95), Ege Arar (96)
                          C: Emircan Kosut (95), Egemen Guven (96), Omer Yurtseven (98), Ahmet Duran (99)

That chart impressed me hell a lot with some additions like Enes Kanter (92), Furkan Aldemir (91), Samet Geyik (93), Melih Mahmutoglu (99).
                          If these kids keep up working and respect their talents 2017 and 2019 European championships should be targets with these generations.
                          It will be a crown if they can participate 2020 Olympic Games.
                          Pretty exciting roster. SG/SF line might end up amazing.

Not sure if we can call him a diamond, but I think Ege Arar is pretty good as PF. He's been overshadowed by his teammates, but he has that extra push that usually makes a team winner. I like Metecan as well, he's gonna be solid, but not as good as Ege probably. Besides, a few of these centers will probably switch to PF in time.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Pretty exciting roster. SG/SF line might end up amazing.

Not sure if we can call him a diamond, but I think Ege Arar is pretty good as PF. He's been overshadowed by his teammates, but he has that extra push that usually makes a team winner. I like Metecan as well, he's gonna be solid, but not as good as Ege probably. Besides, a few of these centers will probably switch to PF in time.
                            I totally agree with Ege Arar. He reminds me Kerem Gonlum a lot. He is a type of player that you know what you get from him all the time. Also as you said, we need at least one of these centers should switch to PF. The biggest candidate for this is Emircan Kosut. I don't think he will be strong enough to play in paint, on the other side he has pretty good shooting range. He can score threes, rebound, run the floor. I hope he can switch to that position.
                            Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

What do we know about 2000 generation?

Comment

Originally posted by roloj View Post
                                What do we know about 2000 generation?
                                '00-'01 generation is the most exciting one that my friends say. Especially the PG and SG prospects that it offers, kind of heartwarming thing. I haven't seen any players from '01 generation but my trustworthy friends were pretty amazed by those talents. Next year, we will see them in U-16 tournament. I am sure they will get the gold and make their names. When I get the infos about players, I will write down here regularly.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information