Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 371

Thread: Turkish Prospects

  1. #41
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,495
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    I can see our 2017 European Championship Team:

    PG: Kenan Sipahi (1995-1.97), Berk Ugurlu (1996 - 1.92)
    SG: Cedi Osman (1995 - 2.01), Furkan Korkmaz (1997 - 1.97)
    SF: Okben Ulubay (1996 - 2.00), Tolga Gecim (1996 - 2.02 / PG-SG)
    PF: Ersan Ilyasova (1987 - 2.08), Metecan Birsen (1994 - 2.06)
    C: Omer Asik (1986 - 2.12), Emircan Kosut (1995 - 2.16), Egemen Guven (1996 - 2.10)

    We need a combo guard who I believe can be Melih Mahmutoglu (1990 - 1.91) or Tayfun Erulku (1994 - 1.94). Also we still have Enes Kanter (1992 - 2.10), Furkan Aldemir (1991 - 2.08), Ilkan Karaman (1990 - 2.05), Emir Preldzic (1987, 2.05) who can make our national team easily. If they reach their potentials, I can see this team winning a medal in 2017 European Championship.
    I am going to be critical here. These are not generations, it is mostly an overview of the talent in one particular year. In that respect, the U20 carries the most weight since it is close to professional level play which is mostly after 23. From U18 to U20, to 23 and then above that, players are going to be filtered.

    Having 8 players of the years 95-97 in the senior team is being optimistic. It´s like playing poker without shoveling the cards.

    If all these Turkish players will end up together four years from now, it would be a sign of weakness rather than strength. Consider, even a lower ranked team U20 could have one good prospect. Or let´s put it different. Imagine if say, Greece (It´s the only team of which I know an amount of young players) would have Charalampopoulos, Antekontoumpo, Papanikolaou, Pappas, Papagianis, Papapetrou, Bochoridis, Stamatis all born in approx. the same year in one U20 team. Wouldn´t they win gold? Makes you wonder doesn´t it? And I picked players from three different young teams. Senior teams have the luxury to do it from 10 different U20 teams.
    Same is true for Turkey which will have players from many young teams. The very best of each year.
    Last edited by Victorious; 08-05-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  2. #42
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,127
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    I am going to be critical here. These are not generations, it is mostly an overview of the talent in one particular year. In that respect, the U20 carries the most weight since it is close to professional level play which is mostly after 23. From U18 to U20, to 23 and then above that, players are going to be filtered.

    Having 8 players of the years 95-97 in the senior team is being optimistic. It´s like playing poker without shoveling the cards.

    If all these Turkish players will end up together four years from now, it would be a sign of weakness rather than strength. Consider, even a lower ranked team U20 could have one good prospect. Or let´s put it different. Imagine if say, Greece (It´s the only team of which I know an amount of young players) would have Charalampopoulos, Antekontoumpo, Papanikolaou, Pappas, Papagianis, Papapetrou, Bochoridis, Stamatis all born in approx. the same year in one U20 team. Wouldn´t they win gold? Makes you wonder doesn´t it? And I picked players from three different young teams. Senior teams have the luxury to do it from 10 different U20 teams.
    Same is true for Turkey which will have players from many young teams. The very best of each year.
    From the current national team we have Melih Mahmutoglu, Dogus Balbay, Birkan Batuk, Cenk Akyol, Emir Preldzic, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, Samet Geyik, Ilkan Karaman, Oguz Savas and Furkan Aldemir can still make national team for 2017. The thing is I see those 94-95-96-97 generation are more talented than the the current roster except Ersan ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter and arguably Emir Preldzic & Furkan Aldemir. Problem is between 87 and 94 we have few players who can make to the national team. We desperately lack guards. Therefore having all of guards and small forwards from 95-96-97 generation is not surprising. Who is going to stop these talents if they reach their potential? Ender Arslan? Dogus Balbay? Serhat Cetin? Kerem Gonlum & Tunceri will be retired.

    Also I missed Kerem Kanter (1995 - 2.06 - PF). He is a strong candidate as well...
    You will see Kenan Sipahi, Cedi Osman having important minutes with their teams in Euroleague. After the injury of Birkan Batuk, Okben Ulubay will have some playing time also with Anadolu Efes.
    I expect Egemen Guven having some minutes with Karsiyaka too.
    Furkan Korkmaz will take lots of minutes in Efes' 2nd team - Pertevniyal who is playing at TB2L.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    109
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Looking forward to watch u-16 european championship wiht Turkey in a very difficult group, bu i wanna see Ömer Yurtseven and Tolga Birer playing against impressive serbian or lithuaninan players like Tadas Sedekerskis

  4. #44
    Senior Member TB-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    722

    Default

    I think for the EC next year we can (must) add Kenan, Berk and Cedi to the roster. We should make the change step by step. Berk, Kenan and Cedi are getting minutes in their Teams and they are near to break through. On the other positions we have quiete good players IMO.

    PG: Kenan,Berk,Dogus
    SG: Sinan, Melih
    SF: Emir, Serhat
    PF: Ersan, Enes
    C: Ömer, Furkan, Oguz

  5. #45
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,495
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    From the current national team we have Melih Mahmutoglu, Dogus Balbay, Birkan Batuk, Cenk Akyol, Emir Preldzic, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, Samet Geyik, Ilkan Karaman, Oguz Savas and Furkan Aldemir can still make national team for 2017. The thing is I see those 94-95-96-97 generation are more talented than the the current roster except Ersan ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter and arguably Emir Preldzic & Furkan Aldemir. Problem is between 87 and 94 we have few players who can make to the national team. We desperately lack guards. Therefore having all of guards and small forwards from 95-96-97 generation is not surprising. Who is going to stop these talents if they reach their potential? Ender Arslan? Dogus Balbay? Serhat Cetin? Kerem Gonlum & Tunceri will be retired.

    Also I missed Kerem Kanter (1995 - 2.06 - PF). He is a strong candidate as well...
    You will see Kenan Sipahi, Cedi Osman having important minutes with their teams in Euroleague. After the injury of Birkan Batuk, Okben Ulubay will have some playing time also with Anadolu Efes.
    I expect Egemen Guven having some minutes with Karsiyaka too.
    Furkan Korkmaz will take lots of minutes in Efes' 2nd team - Pertevniyal who is playing at TB2L.
    In 2017 some of the younger players will only be 22-23. It's one thing to get minutes in the Euroleague, but it's another thing to rely on them leading the National Team against key players of the EL and the NBA. Beyond that year I see Turkey will loose several key players like Illyiasova and Omer Asik (Arslan, Tunceri, Gonlum before that). So there is an imbalance between a talented new generation and the ageing of some experienced key players of a previous generation, making it hard for Turkey to reach top level. The cut of Mahmutoglou and Balbay (the intermediate generation) attests to that.

    Given the benefit of the doubt to the progress of some younger players, it is around 2019-21 where there will be more than a handful of top quality players in the Turkish squad. Predzic will be amongst the oldest ones, some others like Kanter, Osman, Sipahi etc. will be entering their prime, while there could also be two or three talented 23 year olds (currently U18). It could be that Turkey would be a medal candidate team in the WC 2019 and the EC 2021.
    Last edited by Victorious; 08-25-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  6. #46
    Senior Member gockun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    898

    Default

    what a great summer for turkish youth basketball!. we have two MVP's (u-20 and u-18) and one kid make it to u-16 all-tournement team. plus there is big hyps for 00-01' borns.

  7. #47

    Default

    Cant be sure about all of them but Furkan Korkmaz will be a big time player IMO

  8. #48
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,127
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freestyler34 View Post
    Cant be sure about all of them but Furkan Korkmaz will be a big time player IMO
    Furkan Korkmaz reminds me an upper level of Harun Erdenay. Shoots well, drives basket and better than him on defense.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  9. #49
    Senior Member c-myers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    232
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Furkan Korkmaz reminds me an upper level of Harun Erdenay. Shoots well, drives basket and better than him on defense.
    Ivkovic giving constant minutes to Furkan Korkmaz in preseason games. He has been played 3 games and averaging 11 ppg so far ! It's my understanding that Ivkovic has impressed his playing. If he find place in final roster I won't be surprise.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Furkan Korkmaz reminds me an upper level of Harun Erdenay. Shoots well, drives basket and better than him on defense.
    Kid got the whole package, Lenght,Athleticism,Shooting,Defense if he can stay injury free and choose right paths in his basketball career, i think he will be something special

  11. #51
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,127
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Furkan Korkmaz 17 year old boy played all 7 Euroleague games up to date and having 12 mins average.

    http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2014

    3 pts, 2.6 rebs and 1.4 assists wit 4.3 PIR are great numbers for him.

    Cedi Osman another great prospect is putting great numbers:

    http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2014

    21 mins, 8.4 pts (%54 2 pts, %40 3 pts, %75 FT), 4.1 rebs, 1.1 assists, 0.6 st, 1.1 to and 0.6 blocks per game.
    More important in decisive minutes of the games he is more on court than Stratos Perperoglou.
    I am very happy what these players show on court...
    Looking forward to see Okben Ulubay...
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  12. #52
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I am not sure about the future of Turkish prospects. Sadly, some of them had started to be so mediatic players like Okben. Cedi Osman has a really good charecter and I am pretty sure he will be such an explosive player. Furkan is a natural born scorer but I think something is wrong with his shoot mechanic. He should rely on this. For me, Sipahi is a garbage and in two or three years later, he will be an ordinary player who plays in middle class Turkish team. His games is declining rapidly which is so sad.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,127
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I am not sure about the future of Turkish prospects. Sadly, some of them had started to be so mediatic players like Okben. Cedi Osman has a really good charecter and I am pretty sure he will be such an explosive player. Furkan is a natural born scorer but I think something is wrong with his shoot mechanic. He should rely on this. For me, Sipahi is a garbage and in two or three years later, he will be an ordinary player who plays in middle class Turkish team. His games is declining rapidly which is so sad.
    I don't agree with you, these talents are real talents.

    Kenan Sipahi, is playing with a fear to be benched by Obradovic, he is not feeling comfortable. He needs to work for his shot, but I think he will be better than Kerem Tunceri but below Orhun Ene comparing Turkish guards.
    Furkan Korkmaz, Cedi Osman, Okben Ulubay they are future European stars. Furkan is a mix of Harun Erdenay, Rudy Fernandez and has more potential than these two because he is going to be much better defender. He is athletic, has vision court, rebounds, assists - does everything.
    Cedi Osman is solid and all around player. He can defend all players 1 to 4 position, drives to the rim. Only his weak point is outside shoot (behind the arc) but seems he is improving.
    Okben Ulubay is a different material. He is poker face, no emotions but does everything pretty good. Boards, defends, shoots, drive, assists, dribble, one and one play...
    Efes players are very lucky working with Ivkovic. They have consistent minutes at TBL and Euroleague. They are not role players, Ivkovic prefers to play money time with these youngsters. There are many occasions Cedi Osman preferred over Perperoglou and Korkmaz over Janning...
    Also Emircan Kosut, Egemen Guven and Omer Yurtseven are huge prospects. I can see min Gregor Fucka potential with Emircan. If he gets stronger a bit, with his shooting and defensive abilities he will be a star... Even being a star at NBA playing PF position. Omer Yurtseven is worth to watch. 98 born player with a lot of talent...
    Expecting a bright future starting with 2017 European Championship for Turkish National Team.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  14. #54
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Tolga Geçim scored 9 points and dished 10 assists against Fenerbahçe. Among all these Turkish prospects, Tolga is one jump ahead of those youngsters. I was really impressed by his game. He played like he is the leader of the team although he is just 17. I like Osman and Korkmaz too but this guy is different. I believe we will see many triple doubles from him in the future because he has an amazing court vision and rebound intuition. The only thing he has to improve is his shooting. I don't expect him to be a sharp shooter but at least he should be more consistent shooter. I hope his game will continue to grow rapidly. Btw, Furkan Korkmaz had good game against Eskişehir. 17 pts, 4 assists. These two makes me excited about the future of Turkish basketball.

  15. #55
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Every single year we should include these players in the scope of national team pool. This year Osman, Korkmaz, Geçim and Sipahi made themselves to be considered as one of the national team candidates. We should go step by step. Next year I expect the same development from Okben, Egemen Güven, Berk Uğurlu and Mert Celep. Two years later Enes Taşkıran, Ömer Faruk Yurtseven, Onuralp Bitim and Egehan Arna should be available for NT and also Euroleague. If Turkish basketball can serve 4 possible stars every year, then I can say we are in right path. Without any doubt Cedi Osman, Furkan Korkmaz and Tolga Geçim will be selected in first round of NBA Draft in two years. Sustainable development of Turkish basketball is the key factor here in my point.

  16. #56
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Cedi Osman what a great player you are. Scored 14 pts(4/4 3 pts) grabbed 3 rebounds but importantly his defence was outstanding against Fenerbahçe. The team defence was amazing and the biggest contributor is Osman, they locked Bogdanovic.

  17. #57
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    In today's meeting between Tofaş and Anadolu Efes, Tofaş's young guy Yiğit Arslan(1996) scored 11 points and put a great effort on defence against Perperoglu. Probably he has the most flawless shooting style among all Turkish prospects. He seems he will improve his game in the future because last summer he was not the key part of our U18 team but for now he transformed himself to a promising player. The biggest advantage of our young players is that they take those minutes in the one of the most competitive leagues in the world therefore every single minutes is significant for these prospects. Btw, Furkan(1997) scored 13, Cedi scored 12 points in the same match.

  18. #58
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,709
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Thank you Slice... for following up the prospects and bringing good news .

    I liked Yigit's game during u18 very much... he was not a significant contributor among other hot prospects, but was an important role player. Did not watch him afterwards but last summer I wrote "he's a calm, clever guard, with smart shot and pass selection skills... not flashy but very effective... he looks like a very solid gem". Happy to hear he's showing some glimpses of his potential at senior level too.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  19. #59
    Senior Member slice me nice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    1,678
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Amazing ball handling skills and court vision for a 11 years old child :O Mini Steve Nash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkP8EJTpwI

  20. #60
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,495
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Actually 1993. Age falsification.
    Korkmaz also has the same age as Osman btw.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •