Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furkan Aldemir will enter the NBA draft.
    Galatasaray Medical Park Erkek Basketbol Takımı'nda Furkan Aldemir'in ardından, bir başka genç uzun Sertaç Şanlı da 2012 NBA Draftı'na katılma kararı aldı.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

5 1/2 years passed over initial post. So, who else we can add to the list now? Just listing some candidates;

- Furkan Korkmaz (definitely...we are missing a shooter/scorer (SG) badly, and he seems to a very prolific scorer)
      - Berkay Candan
      - Kenan Sipahi (u18 mvp and all that... I hope he really moves to Efes as claimed, so we can have a better opinion)
      - Okben Ulubay
      - Metecan Birsen
      - Burak Haciismail (bad u18 performace, but not given up on him yet)
      - Kerem Kanter (an outsider, but I'm sure this guy will be an important contributor. From what I've seen he has "that" mentality)
      - Emircan Kosut
      - Erbil Eroglu (another PG prospect, probably will end up in oblivioin like his predecessors)
      - Tayfun Erulku
      - Ramazan Tekin

Maxim Mutaf has already passed 22 years of age, and we haven't seen any flash. Safak Edge is close to the limit as well.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Of the young professional players that get playing time Furkan Aldemir is the most promising one, and being barely 22 he's still a prospect in my eyes. I expect very much from him.
        THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

İ think we have the gold mine with 96' born players
          A promisin pg-------> Berk Uğurlu
          A rising star --------> Okben Ulubay
          A nice point forward -> Tolga Geçim
          Another Memo? ----> Egemen Güven
          Plus Mehmet Alemdaroğlu, Mert Çevik

Maybe this 95-96 generation is the most promising then any other ones including 78-79 and 86-87, i hope we can develop this kids properly...

Comment

Sipahi (Overrated)/Ugurlu
            Korkmaz(some hopes)/Cedi Osman (Cancer-like)
            Ulubay/Birsen/Tolga Gecim(i like him a lot)
            Enes Kanter/Aldemir/Kanter bro
            Asik/Guven

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
              İ think we have the gold mine with 96' born players
              A promisin pg-------> Berk Uğurlu
              A rising star --------> Okben Ulubay
              A nice point forward -> Tolga Geçim
              Another Memo? ----> Egemen Güven
              Plus Mehmet Alemdaroğlu, Mert Çevik

Maybe this 95-96 generation is the most promising then any other ones including 78-79 and 86-87, i hope we can develop this kids properly...
              and it seems Ayberk Olmaz (96' , 210cm) will join this incredibly talented generation. The kid comes from nowhere, have only played basketball for just past 2 years and already impressed everyone including legendary coach Obradoviç.

Comment

These kids are has to grow up fastly. I have extremely exititing about these kids. btw you have to add Oğulcan Baykan. Egemen Guven and Okben Ulubay come into prominence among these guys but my favourite player absolutely Tolga Geçim. I have watched him as live really incredible. In spite of that his 2.05 height his ballhandler and court vision like a top level pg huge prospect maybe ıt will be overstate but his playing style like a Magic johnson impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by PenisCancer View Post
                  Sipahi (Overrated)/Ugurlu
                  Korkmaz(some hopes)/Cedi Osman (Cancer-like)
                  Ulubay/Birsen/Tolga Gecim(i like him a lot)
                  Enes Kanter/Aldemir/Kanter bro
                  Asik/Guven
                  What do you mean?
                  Cedi seemed pretty confident in pre-season (and apparently in some league games last year)... could be a rotation player at Efes this year.

Comment

my 2014 update:

u20 team won the gold medal, and u18 reached the final... at least these guys are now winning some medals, this mental boost may impact their future significantly...

Cedi Osman (SG, '95, Efes Pilsen) is the obvious bright prospect, being selected the tournament MVP and all. I think he'll be in rotation in EL too.

Emircan Kosut
                    (C, '95, Efes Pilsen) showed tons of potential, some very nice moves and fundamental but he's too skinny yet...

Tayfun Erulku
                    (PG/SG, '94, Mersin) was also impressive at times. He's a smart backcourt player, with correct in-game decisions all the time... he is too turnover-prone for a pg and the coach had to bench him at the expense of losing his scoring threat, which is actually quite good and he's clutch, but I hope he'll develop into a more stable player.

Kartal Ozmizrak, Metecan Birsen, Metin Turen and Talat Altunbey might have decent careers, but probably won't shine much... hopefully they'll be late bloomers and surprise us.

u18 is full of talent... really, if they can all develop into their potential, Turkish bball can regain a good place in europe and stay there for many years to come... I have to say, except for Furkan Korkmaz, who was the star of u16 last year, I had not watched the others a lot... a few games of Ayberk and Berk in Fener games, and a few games of Okben last year... that's it...

Egemen Guven (C, '96, Karsiyaka) can shoot, rebound and block... looked like the leader of this u18 team and displayed his quality in every minute on court... I really hope he has a better career than another Karsiyaka product, Kaya Peker, who used to be a skillful center before becoming a tough bricklayer.

Furkan Korkmaz
                    (SG, '97, Efes Pilsen) is a natural born-scorer, a type of player our NT has missed for many years now... can definitely shoot, but also dribble and finish lay-ups... very optimistic about him...

Okben Ulubay
                    (SG/SF, '96, Efes Pilsen)

Tolga Gecim
                    (SF, '96, Banvit) is one of the most interesting prospects of all Europe... an all-around tall point-forward... you won;t see him putting huge numbers, but you feel he's special when he's on court... has impressed many people over the years, and I personally felt more relaxed in games whenever he took over the PG role...

Ayberk Olmaz
                    (C, '96, Fenerbahce) stepped in strong when Egemen Guven was having issues. Can shoot mid-range, defend and block... considering his development so far, I think we have every reason to be quite optimistic about him...

Ege Arar
                    (PF/C, '96, Galatasaray) has shown he can shoot, block and rebound, but not consistently, and I'm not sure if his future is on center position, more like SF/PF I think...

Ogulcan Baykan
                    (SG, '96, Efes Pilsen) was a bit interesting shooter. His shot selection is questionable, but his confidence is definitely not, which makes him very promising prospect in my eyes...

Berk Ugurlu
                    (PS, '96, Fenerbahce) has the eternal weakness of Turkish point guards, being unable to finish lay-ups (he must watch Greek guard Stamatis to learn how to do it). He's fearless nonetheless, and has a great coach for him to exceed his potential...

Comment

I can see our 2017 European Championship Team:

PG: Kenan Sipahi (1995-1.97), Berk Ugurlu (1996 - 1.92)
                      SG: Cedi Osman (1995 - 2.01), Furkan Korkmaz (1997 - 1.97)
                      SF: Okben Ulubay (1996 - 2.00), Tolga Gecim (1996 - 2.02 / PG-SG)
                      PF: Ersan Ilyasova (1987 - 2.08), Metecan Birsen (1994 - 2.06)
                      C: Omer Asik (1986 - 2.12), Emircan Kosut (1995 - 2.16), Egemen Guven (1996 - 2.10)

We need a combo guard who I believe can be Melih Mahmutoglu (1990 - 1.91) or Tayfun Erulku (1994 - 1.94). Also we still have Enes Kanter (1992 - 2.10), Furkan Aldemir (1991 - 2.08), Ilkan Karaman (1990 - 2.05), Emir Preldzic (1987, 2.05) who can make our national team easily. If they reach their potentials, I can see this team winning a medal in 2017 European Championship.
                      Last edited by Efesdxb; 08-04-2014, 05:44 AM.
                      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                        I can see our 2017 European Championship Team:

PG: Kenan Sipahi (1995-1.97), Berk Ugurlu (1996 - 1.92)
                        SG: Cedi Osman (1995 - 2.01), Furkan Korkmaz (1997 - 1.97)
                        SF: Okben Ulubay (1996 - 2.00), Tolga Gecim (1996 - 2.02 / PG-SG)
                        PF: Ersan Ilyasova (1987 - 2.08), Metecan Birsen (1994 - 2.06)
                        C: Omer Asik (1986 - 2.12), Emircan Kosut (1995 - 2.16), Egemen Guven (1996 - 2.10)

We need a combo guard who I believe can be Melih Mahmutoglu (1990 - 1.91) or Tayfun Erulku (1994 - 1.94). Also we still have Enes Kanter (1992 - 2.10), Furkan Aldemir (1991 - 2.08), Ilkan Karaman (1990 - 2.05), Emir Preldzic (1987, 2.05) who can make our national team easily. If they reach their potentials, I can see this team winning a medal in 2017 European Championship.
                        I am going to be critical here. These are not generations, it is mostly an overview of the talent in one particular year. In that respect, the U20 carries the most weight since it is close to professional level play which is mostly after 23. From U18 to U20, to 23 and then above that, players are going to be filtered.

Having 8 players of the years 95-97 in the senior team is being optimistic. It´s like playing poker without shoveling the cards.

If all these Turkish players will end up together four years from now, it would be a sign of weakness rather than strength. Consider, even a lower ranked team U20 could have one good prospect. Or let´s put it different. Imagine if say, Greece (It´s the only team of which I know an amount of young players) would have Charalampopoulos, Antekontoumpo, Papanikolaou, Pappas, Papagianis, Papapetrou, Bochoridis, Stamatis all born in approx. the same year in one U20 team. Wouldn´t they win gold? Makes you wonder doesn´t it? And I picked players from three different young teams. Senior teams have the luxury to do it from 10 different U20 teams.
                        Same is true for Turkey which will have players from many young teams. The very best of each year.
                        Last edited by Victorious; 08-05-2014, 01:31 AM.
                        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                          I am going to be critical here. These are not generations, it is mostly an overview of the talent in one particular year. In that respect, the U20 carries the most weight since it is close to professional level play which is mostly after 23. From U18 to U20, to 23 and then above that, players are going to be filtered.

Having 8 players of the years 95-97 in the senior team is being optimistic. It´s like playing poker without shoveling the cards.

If all these Turkish players will end up together four years from now, it would be a sign of weakness rather than strength. Consider, even a lower ranked team U20 could have one good prospect. Or let´s put it different. Imagine if say, Greece (It´s the only team of which I know an amount of young players) would have Charalampopoulos, Antekontoumpo, Papanikolaou, Pappas, Papagianis, Papapetrou, Bochoridis, Stamatis all born in approx. the same year in one U20 team. Wouldn´t they win gold? Makes you wonder doesn´t it? And I picked players from three different young teams. Senior teams have the luxury to do it from 10 different U20 teams.
                          Same is true for Turkey which will have players from many young teams. The very best of each year.
                          From the current national team we have Melih Mahmutoglu, Dogus Balbay, Birkan Batuk, Cenk Akyol, Emir Preldzic, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, Samet Geyik, Ilkan Karaman, Oguz Savas and Furkan Aldemir can still make national team for 2017. The thing is I see those 94-95-96-97 generation are more talented than the the current roster except Ersan ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter and arguably Emir Preldzic & Furkan Aldemir. Problem is between 87 and 94 we have few players who can make to the national team. We desperately lack guards. Therefore having all of guards and small forwards from 95-96-97 generation is not surprising. Who is going to stop these talents if they reach their potential? Ender Arslan? Dogus Balbay? Serhat Cetin? Kerem Gonlum & Tunceri will be retired.

Also I missed Kerem Kanter (1995 - 2.06 - PF). He is a strong candidate as well...
                          You will see Kenan Sipahi, Cedi Osman having important minutes with their teams in Euroleague. After the injury of Birkan Batuk, Okben Ulubay will have some playing time also with Anadolu Efes.
                          I expect Egemen Guven having some minutes with Karsiyaka too.
                          Furkan Korkmaz will take lots of minutes in Efes' 2nd team - Pertevniyal who is playing at TB2L.
                          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Looking forward to watch u-16 european championship wiht Turkey in a very difficult group, bu i wanna see Ömer Yurtseven and Tolga Birer playing against impressive serbian or lithuaninan players like Tadas Sedekerskis

Comment

I think for the EC next year we can (must) add Kenan, Berk and Cedi to the roster. We should make the change step by step. Berk, Kenan and Cedi are getting minutes in their Teams and they are near to break through. On the other positions we have quiete good players IMO.

PG: Kenan,Berk,Dogus
                              SG: Sinan, Melih
                              SF: Emir, Serhat
                              PF: Ersan, Enes
                              C: Ömer, Furkan, Oguz

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                                From the current national team we have Melih Mahmutoglu, Dogus Balbay, Birkan Batuk, Cenk Akyol, Emir Preldzic, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, Samet Geyik, Ilkan Karaman, Oguz Savas and Furkan Aldemir can still make national team for 2017. The thing is I see those 94-95-96-97 generation are more talented than the the current roster except Ersan ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter and arguably Emir Preldzic & Furkan Aldemir. Problem is between 87 and 94 we have few players who can make to the national team. We desperately lack guards. Therefore having all of guards and small forwards from 95-96-97 generation is not surprising. Who is going to stop these talents if they reach their potential? Ender Arslan? Dogus Balbay? Serhat Cetin? Kerem Gonlum & Tunceri will be retired.

Also I missed Kerem Kanter (1995 - 2.06 - PF). He is a strong candidate as well...
                                You will see Kenan Sipahi, Cedi Osman having important minutes with their teams in Euroleague. After the injury of Birkan Batuk, Okben Ulubay will have some playing time also with Anadolu Efes.
                                I expect Egemen Guven having some minutes with Karsiyaka too.
                                Furkan Korkmaz will take lots of minutes in Efes' 2nd team - Pertevniyal who is playing at TB2L.
                                In 2017 some of the younger players will only be 22-23. It's one thing to get minutes in the Euroleague, but it's another thing to rely on them leading the National Team against key players of the EL and the NBA. Beyond that year I see Turkey will loose several key players like Illyiasova and Omer Asik (Arslan, Tunceri, Gonlum before that). So there is an imbalance between a talented new generation and the ageing of some experienced key players of a previous generation, making it hard for Turkey to reach top level. The cut of Mahmutoglou and Balbay (the intermediate generation) attests to that.

Given the benefit of the doubt to the progress of some younger players, it is around 2019-21 where there will be more than a handful of top quality players in the Turkish squad. Predzic will be amongst the oldest ones, some others like Kanter, Osman, Sipahi etc. will be entering their prime, while there could also be two or three talented 23 year olds (currently U18). It could be that Turkey would be a medal candidate team in the WC 2019 and the EC 2021.
                                Last edited by Victorious; 08-25-2014, 02:37 PM.
                                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information